march lambs 2010 come on ladies

Also, she is still not rolling over, but that is my fault since we don't do enough tummy time (3-5 minutes is all I get before she cries).

Vegas, do you try and let her lay there and cry on her tummy to get her to go longer or what? Zander has the same troubles. He will enjoy it for a few minutes then cry. I try to talk to him and let him know it's okay, but he has no interest.

Good job on the haircut Lynn! He's a real cutie.

Also, she is still not rolling over, but that is my fault since we don't do enough tummy time (3-5 minutes is all I get before she cries).

Vegas, do you try and let her lay there and cry on her tummy to get her to go longer or what? Zander has the same troubles. He will enjoy it for a few minutes then cry. I try to talk to him and let him know it's okay, but he has no interest.

Ronan has his moments with tummy time. Sometimes he's fine with it and will just hang out, other times he gets super frustrated and is kicking and pushing trying to get moving. If he starts to whinge because he's frustrated I usually leave him to it for a bit because he's so obviously trying to do something/get somewhere that if I just turn him over or pick him up at that point, he'd never get a chance to actually do what he's trying so hard to do.
If he starts to cry properly though, I'll turn him over and he'll happily chill out on his back for awhile.

He's always had good neck/upper body strength so I've been kind of slack on tummy time since he never really loved it, but of late I've noticed he seems to enjoy it a bit more and be content to stay there a little longer than he used to.

Mika is iffy on tummy time. He has only rolled over all the way a couple times, and has kind of stopped trying most of the time when he's on his tummy. He really just kind of looks around. But he has wonderful upper body/neck/arm strength, so I'm not sure how much we should be doing. He is much more interested in being upright lately.

Haha, Mika smacks himself in the face with his links all the time. He just looks really shocked and goes on doing what he's doing already lol.

Wren is also not a big fan of tummy time, I tend to do it on her changing table as she doesnt seem to object it there as much!

Ella is getting better at tummy time. Lifting her head higher each time for slightly longer periods. Still won't tolerate it for very long though. Most of the time we just end up with a big dribble patch on the mat :haha:
We have a playskool tummy time gym with a mirror on it and it converts to a baby gym for back time too it's pretty cool.It's like this-

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UeLVwuQR6Yc/SsFXCF79v_I/AAAAAAAACUQ/0m3WwLlCv0E/s400/tummy.jpghttps://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ygHC1DvrlAA/Sv7bcZ1HYOI/AAAAAAAADwY/3_GWnGuYqmQ/s320/DSCN9554.JPG
She hasn't shown us any signs of wanting to roll over yet. I just booked her 12 week check up and jabs for friday. Still not looking foward to it :wacko:

I lie on the floor with EJ during his tummy time and play with toys with him and talk to him ( we do it during Nates naptime ) and he has responded well so far i can get 10min+ out of him and i dont have to stay on the floor once hes settled then i can go do some other things around him ( i vaccumed around him yesterday then moved him and vaccumed where he had been lol )

I lie on the floor with EJ during his tummy time and play with toys with him and talk to him ( we do it during Nates naptime ) and he has responded well so far i can get 10min+ out of him and i dont have to stay on the floor once hes settled then i can go do some other things around him ( i vaccumed around him yesterday then moved him and vaccumed where he had been lol )

Ella's real good with the vacum cleaner too, she doesn't even flinch when i vacum around her :thumbup:

Lynn: Great job on the haircut.

Charlotte is actually so much better with tummy time than she used to be. We have gradually moved up to about five minutes from about 15 seconds when she was really young. She has great head control so other than teaching her how to roll over and crawl I am not sure if it is doing us a ton of good. She did rock from side to side a bit yesterday so we might be getting close to a roll over. Like BNK says about her Mika, Charlotte too prefers to be upright. When we do tummy time I surround her with toys and sing to her, but the one thing that she really likes is the mirror. She loves to stare at herself. Does anyone else have a baby who like to look at him/herself?

Wren does like to look at herself as well, I think most babies do...

I went to an english speaking baby group at the local park today, it was really great, lots ofbabies the same age as Wren, I am really looking forward to next week's session, there were lots of people who had never come before, when I went a few weeks ago Wren was by far the youngest but today there were a few even younger than her.

I have been a bit slack with tummy time as she doesn't like it that much, but if in a good mood can do several minutes. Are you supposed to put them on a slight incline or just flat on the mat/changing table? I remember seeing my friend do it with her baby last year and she put him propped on a pillow?? I got a whoozit mirror thing for Flora's tummy time but I haven't done much of it the last few days since the mirror arrived as she's been pretty miserable.

I might take her to the GP because I'm pretty sure this reflux is really upsetting her and it sure as hell is upsetting me! DH has been at home this morning only just gone to work... he hasn't really been around a lot in the last week and then when he is here she has the worst day for ages, just seems to want to cry all the time. So he's pretty bummed about that. I am really hoping its a phase she'll grow out of.

Emskins - you had mentioned a few days ago about Wren crying a lot - has that resolved now? How do you cope with it? What are we doing wrong...??? Anyway its nice that you've got a group to go to with some younger babies.

Lyn - Nate is so cute and good job on is hair!

hmm that reminds me i should get the mirror out for Ej's tummy time we stand in front of the mirror at the top of the stairs on the way up and down and i point to his reflection and talk to him and he likes it

bumpity bump bump, what has everyone been upto today, this afternoon was shocking weather wise here im really glad i didnt walk into town with the boys like i had planned

yea apparently they do like looking at themselves- i wonder if they know its them they r looking at :haha:

Lynn: Great job on the haircut.

Charlotte is actually so much better with tummy time than she used to be. We have gradually moved up to about five minutes from about 15 seconds when she was really young. She has great head control so other than teaching her how to roll over and crawl I am not sure if it is doing us a ton of good. She did rock from side to side a bit yesterday so we might be getting close to a roll over. Like BNK says about her Mika, Charlotte too prefers to be upright. When we do tummy time I surround her with toys and sing to her, but the one thing that she really likes is the mirror. She loves to stare at herself. Does anyone else have a baby who like to look at him/herself?

Zander LOVES to stare at himself. He smiles and coos the entire time. I'll have to try putting a mirror down during tummy time to see if that helps. me being down with him and toys doesn't seem to make a difference.
He loves being upright as well. He would much rather sit like a big boy or even stand in his bouncy chair. :shrug: I think he thinks he's much older than he is.

Greenlady Emskins - you had mentioned a few days ago about Wren crying a lot - has that resolved now? How do you cope with it? What are we doing wrong...??? Anyway its nice that you've got a group to go to with some younger babies.

She has her good days and bad days in terms of crying, yesterday was a GREAT day! We had a scream free bed time for the first time in weeks although last night she did wake 3 times...I actually called the Dr the other day in a panic, I couldn;t get her to stop crying no matter what and I kinda just panicked, I took her temp and got confused and thought it was high, I just wasn;t thinking straight beacause of the crying, anyway I probably made a fool of myself to the Dr but as I said I just wasn't thinking clearlt with her not stop screaming.

I don't think we are doing anything wrong, I am hoping they will just grow out of it.....

Emksins, thanks I am actually taking Flora to the GP I'm pretty sure its painful reflux as its different to the tired/hungry/bored crying. I don't know whether it'll help and I think a lot of babies grow out of it at 3-4 months but she is just not the baby she was a few weeks ago :cry: and its so awful I am in tears myself this morning as she has just been screaming since she woke up. Well now she isn't because I've got her in the sling, its the only thing that quietens her!

Glad to hear you had a good day and I hope things improve for you as well :hugs:

Greenlady, i hope Flora feels better soon, it is hard when they cry a lot, hopefully the doctor will have some adivce for you.

Man it's a hot one here today! We just went to view a flat this afternoon, it was really nice so we are putting in an application, fingers crossed!

Emskins - good luck with your application!

GL - replied to your thread in baby club, but good luck at the Dr, I hope you get a solution x

Lynn- great haircut! I'm dreading getting M's done (obviously a long way off!) I have trouble enough decidinghow to get my hair cut, let alone being responsible for deciding on hers! :haha:

We've been ok; M didn't nap much yesterday so had a proper screaming fit while trying to get her to sleep at 7ish. She eventually dropped off though and slept ok last night. She's still waking a lot after her 3am feed though- she'll usually only go back to sleep for an hour or two at a time. I think it's because she's too sleepy to take a full feed, I've tried everything to keep her awake but she's having none of it!

well i took EJ swiming today for the first time and he loved it hes a real water baby he didnt even complain that his feed was pushed till after our swim lol

Well the GP gave me infant gaviscon like I thought, maybe it'll help fingers crossed, but I have another appt next week in case it doesn't work. She was screaming blue murer at the GP it was so embarrassing. They said I could give her some calpol for the pain so she's had that this afternoon and 2 sachets of gaviscon, she went to sleep fine but she is always much better after her bath and at bedtime, and I held her upright for about half an hour and she dropped of so it was easy to get her down.

Cocoa I'm having the same problem, I don't know if its reflux related but Flora is up almost 2 hourly in the night so I get less than 1.5 hrs in between. This morning she fed at 5:30 and then she slept on my chest until nearly 9am, DH said 'she's sleepy this morning' (normally she'd be crying by the time he leaves for work), I said yeah that's cause she's been up every 2 hours in the night, he had no idea how does he sleep through it?? Anyway so its super frustrating because its like her sleep pattern is badly regressing.

Sorry ladies I feel like all I'm doing is moaning at the moment. I guess I'm having a bad week :cry: So here's something positive. F loves her new bouncy chair and has started vaguely batting her hands at the dangly toys. She also is kind of reaching for things a tiny bit - maybe I'm imagining it but there's more going on in the hands department so that's exciting. And we're going to France next weekend I can't wait, I just hope she's not crying the whole way to south of France on the train!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->