march lambs 2010 come on ladies

(creeps in):blush: hi ladies sorry i have not been in for a while i have had a bit of a rough time and been feeling quite down i think every thing just got on top of me but im feeling a bit better now i hope you are all well and babys are doing good ella was weighed on wed an is now 10lb 5 oz she is doing really well i cant belive how much she is changing xxx

Thanks Cocoa, she is nosy! Her dad is quite energetic and was a pretty hyper kid so I think she might have a streak of his unstoppable energy. She slept for 1 hour by the hoover in the end, then almost napped in the garden but a big burp that mummy didn't know was there prevented it! So it was in the sling again which she's been in twice this afternoon. I don't know its just she seems to cry an awful lot and it just gets me down.

Re nappies, the flips are good because you just change the inner bit and reuse the outer without having to wash the whole thing (like itti as long as you don't get a poo explosion that is). I've got 3 flips with 3 spare inserts, 4 ittis and spare inserts, 1 bumgenius and 1 pop-in. So I need several more to go full time.

Thanks Lynn we bought a fan the other day! I'll try it out
x

Hey ladies, haven't been on very much recently, Wren has been very hard work, crying and crying, I feel like she is a new born again some times.

On top of that I am trying to look for a new flat as we have given notice here and try to plan a wedding overseas, all in all a bit much I think..feeling the pressure a bit

Mummy em I am glad you are feeling better, it is amazing how overwhelming having a baby can be.

Cocoa-I feel your pain, Wren cries alot! Drives me crazy sometimes, I am like a hobo some days just wandering aimlessly around trying to get her or keep her asleep. I must have walked for hours today, I am exhausted!

Its the weekend finally which means OH is home all day...thank goodness, gonna have a family picnic i think

Hey ladies, haven't been on very much recently, Wren has been very hard work, crying and crying, I feel like she is a new born again some times.

On top of that I am trying to look for a new flat as we have given notice here and try to plan a wedding overseas, all in all a bit much I think..feeling the pressure a bit

Mummy em I am glad you are feeling better, it is amazing how overwhelming having a baby can be.

Cocoa-I feel your pain, Wren cries alot! Drives me crazy sometimes, I am like a hobo some days just wandering aimlessly around trying to get her or keep her asleep. I must have walked for hours today, I am exhausted!

Its the weekend finally which means OH is home all day...thank goodness, gonna have a family picnic i think

Sorry meant greenlady!

I am glad that I am not the only one having issues with naps!

Also getting Wren down at night these last few weeks has been awful, 1hr-1.5 of her screaming before just suddenly passing out, it is wearing us both down....gotta go, my turn to try to get her down, we take it in turns every 10-15 mins or so , helps us from going crazy!

Hi Emskins :hi: do you mean me instead of Cocoa? I'm the one complaining about my crying baby who won't sleep! I am also walking a lot but then of course you risk then crying-baby-in-pram-in-supermarket scenario which I had this morning. I stuck my head right in the pram to shush her but felt so uncomfortable with my bum sticking out! Fortunately it worked and she went back to sleep. But yep I'm with you its hard work. I am not trying to move and plan a wedding though! :hugs:

In fact several people I've spoken to who have had children (mostly of an older generation) say that girls are more difficult babies - obviously every child is different but in general girls are harder. Anyone think that's true??

Hey Greenlady, I did mean you! You know how it is, I only get a few mins to write a post which leaves room for mistakes! LOL at putting your head right inside the pram...I do the exact same thing!

Oh my goodness, I am the only one who's baby turns into a complete crying mess every evening around 5:30? We are working to bring her bedtime forward, but she is currently going to bed at 9:00pm. From 5:30 until bed she wants to be held at all times, no toy will appease her.

GL: I've heard that girls are tougher too. Seeing as Charlotte is my first I have nothing to compare her to, but she is a handful. As I have said many times she is making a good case for being an only child. She is getting better with age. She cries a lot less now than she did at the beginning. We still have her upset times (like the evenings) but she really is much calmer and happier now.

well my boys have both on the whole been redicuoulously easy as babies once they have settled into a pattern, which is nice , i dont remember my littlesest sister being any worse than my brother as a baby they both seemed about the same,

I am off to bed now though as im tired and DH will be up early for work which means i cant pump and go back to bed as he will want to chat while he gets ready for work,
looking forward to getting all done up tomorrow for my friends wedding disco

I've heard that girls are harder - and boys are much more cuddly?!

I still haven't got M into any kind of routine - sleeping or otherwise. I'm just following her lead really, easier for all of us! She tends to eat every 3 hours and falls asleep somewhere between 40mins to 1hr 40mins after waking. If she goes over 2hrs then she gets cranky and massively fights sleep (and me- got the scratches to prove it :haha:)
Most days she sleeps downstairs until 10/11ish and when she wakes up I change her, take her upstairs and feed her lying down in bed, she falls asleep on the boob (which she never does in the day now, only at night) and we co-sleep until we get up in the morning- anywhere between 7 and 10, depending on how lazy I'm feeling and how awake M is!

I feel sorry for OH as M is a very noisy sleeper - especially in the mornings while she's working on her early morning poo :winkwink: But, I don't want to move her into her own room yet, especially as it will make feeding her ALOT harder for me. Is that selfish?

hun sounds like you are getting a routine down there.
my boys are definatly cuddle monsters , Nate gives awesome cuddles and EJ loves cuddles too although not as much as Nate did

Vegas you are definitely not the only one - have the same exact story starting at around 5 and goes till 9. She is either on my breast or held, nothing else helps. Sometimes around 6 I put her down with me in bed and she passes out for an hour. I also give her a bath at around 7:30 or so. Sometimes it helps and she is down by 8:30, sometimes it makes her even more upset. You never know. Also sometimes she sleeps through after being on me for hours but doesn't really sleep through at home, only at her grandma. We are trying to figure out the routine and it's really hit and miss at this point. Can't wait for her to grow out of it!!!!

OMG Flora had a massive meltdown this afternoon! I think it must have been some kind of painful reflux/wind. She had a feed about 4 ish and was happy for a few minutes afterwards. I winded her and she seemed to bring quite a lot up. Then she just started screaming, total red-in-the-face anguished sounding crying and nothing AT ALL would soother her for nearly an hour. It was horrible! She was marginally less loud when upright, and she puked up a few more times. I also felt little rumbles from her tummy when holding her. Does it sound like reflux? She has never done that before although I have to say a close second was this morning, she did a similar thing but it didn't last as long and I assumed she was tired. Maybe she's got a little tummy bug? Or maybe something I've eaten has upset her tummy? God it was awful I'm so hoping it doesn't happen too often!

It could be a number of things hun if it keeps up then i would see a doctor about it to make sure its not something like an ear infection thats bugging her

Greenlady- Sorry to hear Flora is feeling bad. I agree with lynnkins about seeing a doctor if it keeps up.

Can a baby sleep too much? I see everyone talking about the problems getting their babies to sleep, and I feel someimes like all he does is sleep.
He sleep last night from 9:30pm - 8am. Was up 2 hours then went down for a nap at 10 and slept from 10-2. He was then up for 3 hours, and went back down for a nap at 5pm. Its now 7:45 and he is still asleep. I thought for sure he would be up by now.
When he is up all he does is eat. Is there a 3 month growth spurt? Do babies sleep more during a growth spurt?

Mika sleeps a lot more during a growth spurt, but it is often for shorter lengths of time because he wakes up to eat more often. But usually during his growth spurt he will eat, play for about 20 minutes, and need another nap!

GL-I'm not sure what that could have been, but I hope Flora is feeling better soon!

We have a bit of a routine down, have started a nighttime routine, but if he is too overtired, which happens sometimes in the evening, it just makes matters worse so he just goes straight to bed. But if I catch him in time we do a bottle, bath, book, and then bed and it seems to go pretty well.

After his meltdown a couple days ago he has been much better. Still showing signs of teething, but no more screaming and he has been smiling again. He finally did a rather large poo as well, so I think it was probably a combination of teething and constipation (he never misses a day except that one!). Our only issue with the routine is that the earlier the sun rises, the earlier Mika rises! I think a blanket over the window is in order tonight...

yes there is a 3 month growth spurt , im not looking forward to it personally lol but the last ones havent been too bad just feeding more for a couple of days followed by a couple of sleepy days then its over thankfully

Hi you guys might know, Flora is having quite a sleepy day - It's OK right? Last few days have been v busy and she's been a bit disturbed by it I think, so she might be catching up on her sleep. She's had 3 45 minutes naps this morning and since I fed her at 1:30 she's been asleep in my arms and now just laid out on the sofa. Just wondered if it was anything to worry about.

Hi you guys might know, Flora is having quite a sleepy day - It's OK right? Last few days have been v busy and she's been a bit disturbed by it I think, so she might be catching up on her sleep. She's had 3 45 minutes naps this morning and since I fed her at 1:30 she's been asleep in my arms and now just laid out on the sofa. Just wondered if it was anything to worry about.

Chase is the same today hun, he had three nights of sleeping 5-6 hours then another 2 hours after a feed but then last night he woke every 2 hours. We went to visit hubbys parents and Chase was in a foul mood and since the drive home at 12.30 he's had 2 feeds and been asleep the rest of the time! I figured he is just catchin up on sleep as he never sleeps this much, either that or were on the 3 month growth spurt.

Growth spurt or no growth spurt Mika has sleepy days sometimes. I wouldn't worry about it too much! Sometimes babies have lazy days just like we do...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->