march lambs 2010 come on ladies

Ah GL she's adorable! I'm dreading the 3 month spurt too... Although she's been feeding every 2 hours so far today which is unusual.

Just a quick boast-post - I'm finally in some pre-pregnancy clothes! :dance: Ive got a size 12 t-shirt on and a pair of River Island size 14 jeans (they were big before I got pregnant, but I tried them on a couple of weeks after birth and there's no way I'd get them over my hips!) So happy that I'm finally starting to shrink back to a normal me!

M has been crying her eyes out ALL afternoon (since I wrote that last post!) We literally had tears - we've never had tears before :cry: No idea what's wrong with her, she won't eat, napping is no different so I don't think she's overtired or anything, she's not hot or got a temperature. It's breaking my heart. :cry:

Aww, poor thing =(
I have no idea what could be bothering her, but will list a couple of things that can cause tears in Eleanor...

- Trapped Wind, usually solved by bending her forward & patting her back
- Full bowels causing cramps, I've found drinking at least a pint of orange juice a day (me) is working wonders for her bowels.
- Hair wrapped around her finger or toes

Perhaps try to see if a bath or shower will help her settle? Hope she'll calm down soon

Cocoa great news about your clothes! Its nice to at least be feeling good about your body even if you're completely shattered, isn't it? I'm sorry to hear M has been crying. I have had a tonne of crying for the past 2 weeks! :cry: proper tears and all and it breaks my heart as well. I am really looking forward to having a happy baby and bad as that sounds.

Its odd that she fed every 2 hours then wouldn't feed - maybe she's full up with trapped wind? Or maybe she's just having an off day?

I think it was just one of those days, she's asleep now after finally feeding for 5 mins. No idea what was wrong, we stripped her off and OH had her for a while and she calmed down, but every so often she'd just cry out in pain and then stop just as quickly. Possibly wind? :shrug: Who knows!

Thanks for your suggestions :hugs:

GL - good luck taking F to see Dr again, hope he listens to you. I don't know how you cope with all the crying! I get sooo stressed and frustrated because I can't do anything to help her. It's horrid :-(

I dont like this one bit not one bit:growlmad::coffee: I seem to have recoverd from the whole pregnancy and birth bit and my pre pregnancy insomnia has returned for the last couple of nights ive been waking every 1 - 1 1/2 hrs all night long, dispite all the males in my house being asleep somehow I end up wide awake the whole night. I have no idea why and the sleep deprevation is getting to me, i could cope with it when it was EJ waking me up all night caus Mums can do anything to tend to and care for their children our maternal instinct is so strong we get the energy from somewhere but when the baby is sound asleep theres no reason for me to be awake :dohh:

oh lyn that must be such a pain i hope you start sleeping again soon xx

cocoa i hope m is ok ella keeps on have times like this mainly in the evenings last night it was wind i think bless her xx

well i think we have finaly cracked the sleeping throughthe night thing has been about 2 weeks now so im a happy mummy lol.
im off to the london zoo meet in july and i know a few of you may be coming im really excited lol be great to meet some of you its just a shame that some of you are so far away xx

well i slept a bit better last night, got to somehow keep the house tidy today though as have small group for church here tonight so got to vaccum and make some cookies and keep Nate from destroying the living room lol, i might take the boys out to the playground this afternoon if the weather stays nice

Glad you slept better last night Lynn.

Mummy_em - I'm not on the front page! Can you add me please? Megan born 6th April 7lb 12oz
I'd come to the meet but it would take 2-3 hours to get there which is a bit too far for us at the mo I think- plus I'm skint! Always wanted to go to London zoo though. Maybe next time!

i will add you now where abouts do you live its going to take me about 2 and a half hours to get there but im sure it will be an adventure lol

glad you mannaged to gret some sleep lyn i hate it when you know the house has to be kept clean for a day as people are coming round as that will allways be the day it will get trashed good idea about the park tho xx

(front page done did you want me to put on how late she was xx)

Thanks em - you can do- she was 9 days late.

I live in east Kent x

Lynn glad you slept better hun, like you say its a totally diff situation if your up with EJ but when everyone else is asleep, sooo annoying. Hope the weather stays good for you its gone really dull here after a sunny start and looks like rain, typical as i've got the bedding on the line.

mummy_em thats great you have got sleeping through sorted, come on share your secret. Chase is so random with his sleeping, last week 4 days of 6.5 hours, then a few days of waking every 2 hours then last night he went 5 hours. If i go to bed at the same time as him he seems to sleep longer, but if i put him to bed and stay up a bit every time he wakes after 1 1/2 or 2 hours of me going to bed, could just be coincidence but it happens every time? he doesn't wake when i come to bed so its not cause i'm waking him :shrug:

GL hope the doctor prescribes you something to help with Flora's reflux and you can get it under control. Has your thrush cleared up? We've still both got it, its really stubborn!!

I'm not sure if Chase has had his 3 month growth spurt or not? He's been definately feeding more the last few days and sleeping more on the day and maybe thats why his sleeping went off the rails after doing so well? I say i'm not sure because if he has its not been as bad as the other growth spurts, which is why i'm not sure as I heard it was really bad.

Ahh he's still coughing bless him i hate to see him cough. You can see its like a tickly one as he'll cough a bit then carry on cause he can't stop. Its not really bad and he's not coughing all the time but i'll take him the docs if it doesn't improve just to get him checked out.

JJ how do the last feeds of the night go? i found EJ' slept longer after cluster feeding in the evening and now caus hes on EBM in the evening then his 2 bottles ( 8oz each ) are only 2 hours apart and hes started requesting the second one earlier so im gonna have to bring it forward a bit then he can go to bed earlier lol Yay more evening

JJ how do the last feeds of the night go? i found EJ' slept longer after cluster feeding in the evening and now caus hes on EBM in the evening then his 2 bottles ( 8oz each ) are only 2 hours apart and hes started requesting the second one earlier so im gonna have to bring it forward a bit then he can go to bed earlier lol Yay more evening

From about 7 o'clock he feeds on and off usually until he falls asleep, sometimes he falls asleep at 8 and i wake him for another feed as 8 is too early for his last feed, mostly he will feed till about 9. I just wish he wouls stick in his routine instead of going 4 days then back to square one ](*,)

Thats great EJ is wanting his scond one earlier! soo jealous.

JJ - thanks I hope so too she is really not a happy baby at the moment, I mean there are little glimpses but majority of the time we spend trying to distract her from crying or stop her from crying. The gaviscon is useless. I read somwhere today that reflux is usually gone by 8 months. 8 MONTHS!!!! I am SO hoping that it goes before then, or at least hoping that the worst will be over soon.

I have decided to give up giving up dairy :)wacko:) just until after our hols because in France it will be very hard to avoid dairy. Also with family meals every lunch and dinner I can't see me having to have a separate this or that every time it will get on everyone's nerves especially mine. So gonna do it when we get back. She may even have improved by then fingers crossed.

Hmm I think the thrush has gone mostly, I don't get the severe pain I had before but my nipples are still pink and one of them still hurts occasionally. She seems OK though. I think it is possible it might flar up again but maybe my good bacteria have regrwon themselves and are keeping it at bay now.

Lynn sorry to hear about you insomnia, not fun! Last night I put F down after her 2:30 feed and she went into a deep sleep which I was expecting to hear her shuffling and groaning, but she didn't. It was so peaceful I couldn't sleep just lay there thinking.

And JJ hope Chase's cough improves, and his sleep even's out! I want to know mummy_ems secret too!

lol i dont know what the secret is my self to be honest its been the same with all of my children but i must be doing some thing right we are in a routine but its a quite relaxed one we get up in between 6 and 7 (not my choice but have to get kids to school lol) ella sleeps when she wants really and i feed on demand i will then spend the evening with her really she usualy does a lot of feeding and some playing then she goes to bed in between 9 and 10 and will sleep till 6-7am its fine for us at the moment gonna start trying to get her to bed a bit earlyer soon but works well for me at the moment.

GL glad to hear you thrush has all but gone now

this is very much like my evenings with the feeding xx

EJ woke at 4.30 this morning so i reswaddled him and put him back down but he fussed and fussed and when he did sleep it was noisy sleep and i was awake the whole time till i got him up at half 6 for his feed, im gonna need a nap this afternoon

Flora has been crying in pain for most of the morning :cry: I don't know how much longer I can bear it. She is sleeping fitfully in the sling but even that is starting to lose its magical properties. I am going to beg the GP to prescribe something this afternoon (not gaviscon as it made her poo really dry and formed and it had a tiny bit of blood in it where she had to strain to get it out :( ) and tomorrow I'm taking her to see a cranial osteopath, you never know it might help.
:cry: :cry:

Have you been giving her colief? Might help reduce the lactic acid in your milk in the mean time? Not sure if that will help the reflux, but worth a shot (I think GPs can prescribe it if you beg enough)
:hugs: for Flora, sounds like she's in so much pain, poor little thing. :hugs: for you too x

Flora has been crying in pain for most of the morning :cry: I don't know how much longer I can bear it. She is sleeping fitfully in the sling but even that is starting to lose its magical properties. I am going to beg the GP to prescribe something this afternoon (not gaviscon as it made her poo really dry and formed and it had a tiny bit of blood in it where she had to strain to get it out :( ) and tomorrow I'm taking her to see a cranial osteopath, you never know it might help.
:cry: :cry:

Ahh poor Flora hun, i'm sure the Dr will prescribe something else, Gaviscon i've heard is like the weakest one so there is better ones but i think they just like to see if Gaviscon works before they prescribe any of the others. What time is your appointment? Hopefully its not too long off! Let us know how you get on xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->