march lambs 2010 come on ladies

GL so sorry to hear that Flora is not feeling well. I've heard good things about going to the cranial osteopath so hopefully that will help her.

Not much to report here. I got my AF and have had it for over a week now. The worst part is that it is way early. I am on the pill and shouldn't even be starting a period until next week. Wonder if it will stop and I will get it again? I'm just ready for my body to go back to a regular (and predictable) schedule.

Charlotte turned 16 weeks on Thursday and I was wondering if we would see that sleep regression that many say happens at this stage. Thankfully she has been sleeping better than normal and not even fussing when I put her down. I on the other hand am having a hard time sleeping, but I think it must be the AF hormones. Super fun being a woman isn't it?

just wrote post one handed then lost it. thanks for support guys and will update after appt at 3:20

EJ wasnt sleep much this morning till about quarter to 11 then he fell asleep and slept till half 12 then pretty much fell asleep again right away after i winded him on my shoulder and then slept with only a few very short moments of opening his eyes to noise from DH or Nate till after 3pm when i woke him to feed him, hes now sitting in his bouncer happily watching his dad and brother have some rough and tumble time.
oh and NZ held Slovakia to a Tie in their first World Cup game which is awesome

Well teh doc gave me the ranitidine, she gave me a bit of a talking to before hand just making sure I wasn't a numbskull who would pump their kid with medication at the drop of a hat. She implied that rantidine is more of a serious medication than gaviscon. I assured her I had done research and I have waited as long as I can but my baby is distressed for a good portion of the day, so she agreed to give it to me thankfully. Well I hope it works. I am starting on a small dosage and will up it when it seems to works less or she gets to 5kgs which will probably be next week. Also I'm hoping that the holiday will be good for her, with a change of scenery and a load of other people around to help out with her and distract her.

ANyway guys just wanted to say thanks for your support and putting up with my moaning lately, it means a lot to have somewhere to vent frustrations. I just never envisaged myself with a baby who cries all the time, I always thought 'd have a happy baby, who doesn't I guess? And the reality of months more of this is quite depressing. But I feel more positive now, so thanks again :hugs:

Lynn well done NZ! I missed the second half of the aussie game, but I assume Germany thrashed them? :cry: EJ sounds like a very chilled out baby. DO you want to swap for the day? :haha:

Vegas, are you sure its actually your period and not just bleeding/spotting related to going back on the pill? I thought the whole point of the pill is that you don't get real periods, only a withdrawal bleed on your week off?? I hope you manage to get more sleep!

GL-Hope it goes well at the Dr's for you and Flora., let us know what happened

Lyn-hope you get a good nights sleep!

I am dreading getting AF, I am not taking the PILL yet and still BF full time so I am hoping it won't start for a while yet.

I am also taking Wren to the Dr's tomorrow her crying is getting worse not better, I just want to make sure she is OK. She is sleeping really badly still, she is waking every 1hr to 1.5-2hrs from putting her down at night, last night it took 2 hrs of screaming to get her down and then she woke like 40 mins later and then every 1.5hrs all night!

Good news though, wehad her follow up scan and her hips have been given the all clear! We are super reieved. Also we got the flat that we saw last week whihc is also really great and I got my engagement ring back today after it being resized.

The bad news is the wedding venue I had my heart set on turns out to be too expensive so now I am back to square one!

Emskins just do a little research about reflux and see if she has any other signs cause it could be that - I hope not but it sounds like she isn't great at the lying down, does she vomit or anything? ever cough or gag? Cry after feedng? It probably isn't that but I find it helps to know what you're talking about before you go in they take you much more seriously. Anyway I hope you get to the bottom of it and hope she starts sleeping better soon :hugs:

I'm sorry the venue is a no go, but you'll find something don't worry. And its great news about her hips!!

GL-I don't think she has reflux, it may be her teeth or gastrointestinal issues still.

Hope the medicine works for you

GL yeah you guys got thrashed 4-0 by germany Sorry,
Well both boys are tucked up in bed,
Nate seems to be cutting his second set of Molars as hes been teething all day and really fragile which is sooooooooo abnormal for him and im thinking EJ is teething a bit too but not anywhere near actually getting teeth yet just the teeth moving around annoying him somewhat. im wondering if i missed his growth spurt caus he had it early and thats why hes slept so much today ( totally not normal for him to sleep so much he slept for another hour while DH was cooking dinner ) it did seem like he was requiring more top ups the last few days and that after his Boob time in the daytime that i was more empty than before and my supply seems to have increased a bit as in the morning i could still pump more after getting 8oz off each side, i wil be happy if i did miss his growth spurt his other ones werent bad just a bit hungrier for a few days then a bit sleepier for a day or two he didnt wake in the night or change his night sleeping habits for them but this morning was up early and has definatly been hungerier today

Glad you got what you wanted GL, fingers crossed it works quickly.

Lynn- you've been lucky with his spurts! Hope both of their teeth aren't giving them too much trouble :hugs:

M has been unsettled today, feeding more often and hardwork to entertain. Not sure if it's the beginning of a spurt or just a fussy day. She's slept in til about 9am for the past couple of days which is nice (bed at 8, feed at 11, 3 & 6:30, then up at 9ish)

We're dogsitting for inlaws from tomorrow for a week, but found out today that the dog has got a tumor in or behind her eye, so it's got to be removed :-( Luckily they are waiting until the inlaws get back from holiday to have the op done. I've got a massive phobia of eyes so there's no way I could deal with bathing an eye wound etc.

Big news of the day...Charlotte rolled over! Finally! She did it twice so I know it is not a fluke. I hope she will do it again for DH once he gets home.

GL: Let's hope this new medicine works for Flora and you can have the happy baby you always imagined you would have (you are right we all think that our babies are going to be these sweet little dolls and the reality is a bit different).

Wrt to my period it is too much blood (TMI) and has been going on for about a week so I don't think it could be anything but AF. Again, there are just so many hormones, natural and from the pill, that my body is totally confused.

Lynn: I am so jealous that you can pump 8oz off each boob! If I could have done that I would have totally kept BFing and pumping. On a good day I would get 4oz total from a pumping session. Of course I had a manual pump. What pump do you have? Next baby I plan on doing things differently.

Em: Are you sure the venue won't work for you? My mom owns and operates a wedding and reception business here in the states and offers big discounts during certain off months (like January and February) and also for any day other than Saturday. So if you don't have to have your wedding on a certain day or time of year you may be able to get the venue you want at a discounted price. It may be worth it to ask.

Cocoa: Sorry about the in-law's dog. Poor dog.

Go Charlotte!

I've been persavering with tummy time and M tries to push herself onto one side, but definitely hasn't got the strength yet. Probably won't be long as she now weighs 13lb 7oz! Can't believe she weighs nearly a stone at 10 weeks old!

i just have the TTCTN hand pump, and i only get 8oz each side in the morning i get about 6 each side in the evening ( 10.30-11ish ) after not feeding from the breast since his 3pm feed,
goo charlotte, EJ hasnt shown signs of trying to roll himself during tummy time yet but im not worried he will roll in time, Nate could move backwards around the room on his tummy before he rolled over

hey ladies hope you are all dong ok i think ella is a little under the weather bless her not quite her slf and the amount of sick that came out of her yesterday i did not think it was possibal poor thing.
going to sound really silly but what is tummy time is it just putting them on there front for a bit i had never heard it before.

GL i hope this medication works for flora bless her heart x

mummy, yeah - tummy time is just letting them play laying on their tummy.
I hope Ella gets better soon!! :flower:

thankyou, Ella does not like being on her tummy much she allways starts crying is that the same for every one to begin with x

Aw thanks mummy-em and I hope Ella gets better too. These babies, always having us worried hey!
I took her to a cranial osteopath today.. and interesting experience! We'll see if it makes any difference. I've got a follow up session booked in 3 weeks after my holidays.

And this evening when I had her on her tummy she pushed from one armsideways so she was sort of leaning on her other shoulder. her legs were a bit akimbo so didn't go any further but its a start!

thankyou, Ella does not like being on her tummy much she allways starts crying is that the same for every one to begin with x

Zander still hates it... I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I'm the only one that lets him do it though. and I work 3 days out of the week for 10 hour shifts so for those 3 days he's mostly in his swing (stupid BIL) :growlmad:

Lynn: I am even more impressed now that I know you are using a manual pump, you have been blessed with a great supply.

You know if it wasn't for all of the books saying we should do tummy time to help build neck strength or whatever I don't think I would have ever done it. Charlotte does better for longer than she used to on her tummy, but she has never really loved her tummy time. From the sound of things few babies really take to it from the get go.

So Charlotte refuses to roll over for her dad. We tried last night and again around lunch and she just wiggled around a bit like a slug and then started getting winded from all the activity. So I took pity on her and turned her over. One of these days she will show daddy her new trick.

GL: Have you stated Flora on the new medicine yet and if so have you noticed any improvement? Not sure how fast these things are supposed to work, but let's hope quickly for both of your sakes.

Lynn: I am even more impressed now that I know you are using a manual pump, you have been blessed with a great supply.

You know if it wasn't for all of the books saying we should do tummy time to help build neck strength or whatever I don't think I would have ever done it. Charlotte does better for longer than she used to on her tummy, but she has never really loved her tummy time. From the sound of things few babies really take to it from the get go.

So Charlotte refuses to roll over for her dad. We tried last night and again around lunch and she just wiggled around a bit like a slug and then started getting winded from all the activity. So I took pity on her and turned her over. One of these days she will show daddy her new trick.

GL: Have you stated Flora on the new medicine yet and if so have you noticed any improvement? Not sure how fast these things are supposed to work, but let's hope quickly for both of your sakes.

Yes yesterday, but I'm starting on the lowest dose and I did read somewhere that it can take up to a week to kick in. She has had some good moments today but was bad in the early morning... so not sure really its just up and down all the time. Thanks for asking!! :hugs:

So funny that she wont roll for your OH. What's the bet it'll be that way for everything, sitting, crawling, talking!! Typical!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->