march lambs 2010 come on ladies

No teeth here either! Though lots of gnawing going on!

I did baby massage with Olivia and she loved it, really helped with her constipation too. We also have our name on the waiting list round here for it!

Roman is 3 months tomorrow - cant believe it!

We arent going to start weaning for a while. We had to wean Livvie at 4 months cos she was so hungry all the time. I still have all my pureeing stuff from last time as I made mostly all my own food for her and stuff so will probaly go down that route again when the time comes!

its a rubber giraffe toy i think,

no sign of teeth here just bumpy gums and drooling heaps with red cheeks sometimes , he loves something cool in his mouth so i keep a rubber tipped spoon in the fridge for him to chew on lol

Oh god I want to buy a sophie, a jumperoo, a bumbo... you guys are a bad influence!! I still have many more cloth nappies to collect as well so I'm going to have to reign myself in a bit!

no teeth here, F drools a lot though and loves sucking her hands. I like the cold spoon idea Lynn might nick that one. Weaning - haven't thought about it much but I will probably wait until 6 months. I want to try BLW as well. God I suddenly feel like I'm a bit behind on the mothering/baby development thing having been on holiday. We are also starting a small business now, well my husband is but I'm helping so doesn't seem much time to research all these things. :dohh:

Cocoa - congrats to your friend! I wish my labour was so short!!

Here's Sophie, Dee

Quite expensive for a teething toy but I've heard fab things about them and M loves giraffes

https://www.coobabydesigns.com/shopcoobaby/images/giraffe.jpg

She squeaks! lol

Runny icing is yum! You can always just add more icing sugar to thicken it, though. I love the idea of grilling cupcakes too. I'm so going to have too try that.

jj, there's no way sophie would survive a doggy encounter since she's made of soft rubber.

As for teeth, no sign yet here either. He drools like a leaky faucet and likes to chew on his fists and fingers but his pediatrician said they're normal developmental behaviors and not necessarily indicative of teething. :shrug:

We ran outa icinng sugar!! And dont grill them! I just did it coz our ovens broken and i had to keep making big holes in them so theyd cook through then i had to take them out and turn them upside down coz the bottoms were still mushy :dohh: mission!!
x

No teeth here, but tons of drool. Gabriel is definitely not ready for weaning yet. I expect he won't be ready till closer to the 6 month guideline.

So weaning....still haven't gotten him to eat more than a spoonful of anything, but he had more watermelon and a small piece of chicken that he sucked all the juice out of today, he liked that. OH let him suck on a piece of avocado, but he wasn't too impressed, not that I can blame him!

No teeth for Connor either just lots of drool!!!
As for weaning, Connor has one small meal a day. So far just 1 tablespoon of cereal mixed with some breastmilk, and 2 spoonfuls (baby spoon) of squash. I breastfeed afterwards. The first night he only ate a couple spoonfuls but now he is fininshing the whole thing.

Cocoa, what signing book did you get? Let me know how you like it once you've had a chance to read through it? I really enjoyed Rapley's book. I'm so looking forward to doing BLW with the monkey.

Congrats to your friend as well on her birth. I know how you feel about doing it again. As great (and as short) as I think it went the first time around, I'm in no hurry to do it again!

GL, don't worry about feeling like you're so far behind. I'm still winging it day by day and tend to remain oblivious to what's next until it's looming on the horizon and actually becomes important. Funnily that's exactly how I was in school with studying for exams too. :haha:

How did the cupcakes turn out after all that MM? I'm still so tempted to try grilling them!

Seity, how's Gabriel's weight gain coming along?

BnK, I have to admit it's going to be tough for me to keep offering and serving up foods that even I don't care for just so the monkey gets exposure to them!

Soooo...anyone else's LO's developed a foot fetish? Ronan's all about the toe sucking these days. :rolleyes:

I kind of think that the grilled cupcakes sound kind of good too!

Hivechild-Mika just started discovering his toes Sunday, but he hasn't tried to suck them yet.

Thought I would post a couple videos of the little guy. The first one was when I tried to put him to sleep, but he just kept laughing at his swing, lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPEghP3GPfQ

In the second, bad mommy gave him another chicken bone...excuse me chattering in the background, he loves it when I make music noises along with his jumperoo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3ebjUxWn7Y

Heh! How cute is he? That first video is too funny with him laughing away.

Dee - I got my off Amazon for £11 something, but google it - you might find one cheaper somewhere

Hivechild - I ordered this book - But didn't realise it was out of stock. Never mind - it'll be a few months before M is ready for it anyway! I've read good reviews of this one.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d.html/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1278488983&a=1904550045&sr=8-1

Mika is soooo cute!

those videos r soo cute!!! :)
I have to really work to get ella laughing stil

Found this on the net and it made me chuckle!

SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT - A BABY'S PERSPECTIVE!

OK, here's my situation. My mummy has had me for almost 5 months. The first few months were great - I cried, she picked me up and fed me, anytime, day or night. Then something happened.

Over the last few weeks, she has been trying to STTN (sleep through the night). At first, I thought it was just a phase, but it is only getting worse. I've talked to other babies, and it seems like it's pretty common after mummies have had us for around 6 months.

Here's the thing: these mummies don't really need to sleep. It's just a habit. Many of them have had some 30 years to sleep - they just don't need it anymore. So I am implementing a plan. I call it the Crybaby Shuffle.

It goes like this:

Night 1 - cry every 3 hours until you get fed. I know, it's hard. It's hard to see your mummy upset over your crying. Just keep reminding yourself, it's for her own good.

Night 2 - cry every 2 hours until you get fed.

Night 3 - every hour.

Most mummies will start to respond more quickly after about 3 nights. Some mummies are more alert, and may resist the change longer. These mummies may stand in your doorway for hours, shhhh-ing. Don't give in. I cannot stress this enough:
CONSISTENCY IS KEY!!

If you let her STTN (sleep through the night), just once, she will expect it every night. I KNOW IT'S HARD! But she really does not need the sleep, she is just resisting the change.

If you have an especially alert mummy, you can stop crying for about 10 minutes, just long enough for her to go back to bed and start to fall asleep. Then cry again. It WILL eventually work. My mummy once stayed awake for 10 hours straight, so I know she can do it.

Last night, I cried every hour. You just have to decide to stick to it and just go for it.
BE CONSISTENT!

I cried for any reason I could come up with. My sleep sack tickled my foot. I felt a wrinkle under the sheet. My mobile made a shadow on the wall. I burped, and it tasted like pears. I hadn't eaten pears since lunch, what's up with that? The cat said "meow". I should know. My mummy reminds me of this about 20 times a day. LOL. Once I cried just because I liked how it sounded when it echoed on the monitor in the other room. Too hot, too cold, just right - doesn't matter! Keep crying!!

It took a while, but it worked. She fed me at 4am. Tomorrow night, my goal is 3:30am. You need to slowly shorten the interval between feedings in order to reset your mummies' internal clocks.

P.S. Don't let those rubber things fool you, no matter how long you suck on them, no milk will come out. Trust me!

bNk - I know I posted on the vid you put up on FB (the swing one) but Mika is sooo cute! What a gorgeous laugh he has :D I've found that Lachlan likes it (well, sometimes...when it suits him :lol:) if I tickle his neck while saying "Cheeky boy, cheeky boy, cheeky boy!" (probably sounds a bit mental haha). I got a video of him laughing and squealing at it so I'll try and put it up. Dw Andi hun, he's the same with his laughing, cheeky bubbas! I'm sure they'll be laughing more in no time!

Cocoa - Thanks for the laugh, that's such a funny post :lol: Good find.. Who comes up with these things eh!

I wonder if we can get Sophie giraffe in New Zealand, hmmm...I will have to have a nosy around. They look pretty plain, but I have heard mummies on here raving about them so will have to see what all the fuss is about!

xxx

BnK, soo cute!
Cocoa - thats hilarious thanks for posting.
Hivechild - yeah I was like that at school too, I did well in everything but it was always done the night before it was due! I feel like I am winging it but its OK, she doesn't know that her mummy is a little bit random! I haven't seen my antenatal group for a while but they are usually a good source for what's next type things.

Feet - she's looking at them a lot but still not really grasping them, although I have put them in her hands a few times. She is cluthing on to everything that goes near her at the moment, muslins, clothes, hands. I need to start getting some rattle into those teeny mits!

EJ loves his muslins hes leaning over my arm ( sitting on my knee facing outward ) with his muslin in his hands shoving it in his face right now lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->