march lambs 2010 come on ladies

I grew up about 5 minutes away from Disneyland, CA. I love theme parks and roller coasters and have visited a few around the US. I'm sure that when we go out to California to visit my family we'll make sure to visit Knott's Berry Farm and Disneyland on some of our visits so Gabriel can experience the fun too.

I also love theme parks and roller coasters. I can't wait till Connor is old enough to start enjoying rides.
I have been to Disneyworld too many times to count. As a child we went at least once a year. I also love Busch Gardens in Tampa, FL its only a 30 minute drive from my house and they have the best roller coasters.
We plan to take Connor to Universal Studios in Orlando in September. I can't wait to go to the new Harry Potter area they just opened there.

I also had a bad night last night but the night before she did nearly 10 hours again?? I can't complain too much but I'd love a bit of consistency!

Welcome Steffi! Your little guy is very cute!

Flora doesn't have a big bum :shrug: least I don't think so. But I guess there is probably a difference in the general shape of boys and girls bodies. I'm getting a bit sick of people asking if its a boy even when she's wearing a pink dress!!! Just because she doesn't have any hair!

Speaking of hair, my MIL said that in some cultures (e.g. Indian) they shave their children's hair off two or 3 times before the age of 2/3. This is to make it grow back thicker and stronger (dunno if this is true just quoting her). My niece had hers shaved when she was about 2 because she had head lice. She lost her baby curls, but now at 9 years old has got really strong, long thick dark hair. Flora hasn't got much barnet and it appears to be growing rather slowly so I'm not sure but it might help? I've always had slow growing hair and didn't really have much to speak of until I was 3. A bit worried Flora is going down the same road... Any thoughts ladies on shaving your babies hair off???

People are constantly calling Zander "her" or "she" when HE's clearly wearing dark blue boy clothes. :dohh:
I don't think I'd shave Zander's head- not unless he got lice. ATM all he has is peach fuzz for hair and that's how I was as a baby too. I didn't really have hair till I was one. And now, I have the thickest hair in my family. I'm hoping Zander will end up the same.

Erised: Wow, I had no idea that Disney offered so much help to moms with babies. Of course parents with small children is their target audience. We have friends coming in from Vegas today and they are going to all the parks, but we didn't think that we could join them. Maybe we will. Like you said we can buy a yearly pass and come back. I think if you are a resident of Florida you get a discount.

Still going to wait till fall for Harry Potter. Since it is new I know it will be super crowded.

Also, about my dual city status. We are living here in Orlando now, but we still own our home in Vegas. Not sure if or when we will move back, but when I started on this site I was living in Vegas full time. My poor husband commuted every other weekend between Florida and Vegas (a five hour flight) for six months before we moved.

Pineapple: I must say that I am happy to hear that there is another adult living in the south who has not been to Disney World. I was pretty sure I was the only one.

GL: Charlotte has loads of hair and people refer to her as him all the time. I am usually carrying her in her dark gray baby bjorn or she is in her blue stroller (I totally thought I was having a boy even though I was on team yellow). No way I would shave it as it is thick already. I think this is the same theory behind shaving your legs, etc is that if you shave it then it will come back thicker. Also, I think you are getting close to more consistency with Flora's sleeping. It takes them a little while to get used to not waking up, but I think you will notice more of the long sleep nights and fewer of the wake up all the time nights. That's how it worked with us anyway.

I think shaving it to make it thicker is an old wives tale. The thickness of your hair is determined by genes I'm afraid, I can't see how shaving would lead to thicker hair follicles? Indian people generally have thicker hair as a rule anyway don't they? My hairdresser sister says that different races have different hair follicles which cause hair types - eg Afro hair, black straight hair for Chinese people etc I was practically bald until I was 2 but I've got masses of hair now - irritates the hell out of me'! OH & his family have all got thin hair so we'll have to see what M gets.

I think shaving it to make it thicker is an old wives tale. The thickness of your hair is determined by genes I'm afraid, I can't see how shaving would lead to thicker hair follicles? Indian people generally have thicker hair as a rule anyway don't they? My hairdresser sister says that different races have different hair follicles which cause hair types - eg Afro hair, black straight hair for Chinese people etc I was practically bald until I was 2 but I've got masses of hair now - irritates the hell out of me'! OH & his family have all got thin hair so we'll have to see what M gets.

I'm sure you're probably right cocoa! I actually have fine hair but lots of it, in fact I'm quite proud of my barnet. Hubby has great hair too (and all of it still there!) so perhaps I should just take what MIL says with a wheelbarrow full of salt as usual. Just wondered if anyone else had heard of it.

Vegas - I hope you're right! she has been a bit irritable since her jabs on wednesday and its so hot, I think she might've woken last night because she was hot and then I fed her but not that much and she went back to sleep OK so she can't have been that hungry. at least I know she CAN do 10 hours its only a matter of time before she does it more regularly.

Oh and congrats on the 10 hour sleep-a-thon! M has still only managed 6 hours (once)

I think she'd probably go longer if she fed more in the afternoon/evening, but she's never cluster-fed and (unfortunately) I can't force her to! :haha:

She's done it about 4 times, and a few 7 and 8 hours as well. But the nights surrounding can be as disrupted as ever, my poor boobs dont know whether they're coming or going! I don't really cluster feed her but her last 2 feeds will usually be about an hour apart, I take the last one into the bedroom and she just understands that means bedtime and mostly goes down easily. However the dummy plays a big role in all of this so I'm not looking forward to the day I decide to wean it off her... sooner rather than later would be better I think.

Sam has had a crappy last night as well,he decided it'd be wakeup time at 4am. It took about 2hrs to get him back down. The night before he went down at 8pm and slept until 9.30am with two little feeding interruptions. He usually has a 4-6hr stretch and then he wakes to eat which is in our bed and then the rest of the night we usually co-sleep.

Welcome Steffi :hi: your little guy is very cute!

Thank you for the advise lynnikins and Pineapplehead.

Julchen and Greenlady: Thanks...it's so nice to be here. Love to look at all the baby photos and videos. They are all soooooo cute!

hi ladies,

Welcome Steffi!

Great pics and videos.

Wren slept from 8ish-2 and then 2-5ish and then woke around 8am last night, this is better than most nights recentlyso I am quite please een though I know it could be better!

It is soooo HOT here right now, feel like there is no air at all and there is no respite anywhere as Switzerland has a law banning airconditioning in buildings! There are a few that have air con and supermarkets do but it is not very strong, I need to buy an outfit for this wedding in ia few weeks bujt I can't face boiling to death, I might just hacve to wear my birthday suite at this rate!

There is a theme park just over the border in Germany which looks interesting but my OH is not into theme parks o I doubt we will get the chance to go.

My oldest sister was born a carot top and my mum was mortifed as her and my dad have dark bron hair, a woman told my mum to shave her hair as it would grow bck darker...so my mum did!! This was 43 years ago though, my sis now has strawberry blond hair!

:hi:
What shaving does to make the hair thicker is it makes the ends blunt rather than thin and whispy making it appear thicker, it doesnt actually make your hair thicker for real. :)

I'm so jealous of you guys in the heat it is so cold here, we have had to turn off one of our heaters because we can't afford the power bills :wacko:

Ella has been waking up during the night the last few nights *sigh* Last night it was 1am the rest were about 1.30.

I've been feeling sick, yay, Like at the same time every night i'll feel nausious and last night it was accompanied by bloody heart burn, i never get heart burn. Dam winter is screwing up my system!! :dohh:

I hope evryone is having a great weekend :dance: x

Welcome Steffi :hi: :hugs: x

Oh no!

M slept from 8-2, then came into our bed and slept 2-6 but she didn't really wake at 6, just stirred a bit, but my right boob was soooooo engorged that I had to feed her! She probably would have slept longer if I hadn't shoved a nipple in her mouth! :haha:

How do you BF mamas cope without feeding overnight (or only feeding once?)

na we've only had sex twice!
I do have a really sore tum right now though like period pains. and a hweadache i think i'm just maybe getting the flu i havn't had one yet!!!

becki , I express at 11 pm then again at 7am , caus i feed both breasts at a time then with EJ feeding about 3 hrly in the daytime then im able to keep nice soft boobs its only the 8 hour stint overnight that ends me up engorged but thats easily sorted in the morning,

Andi you really dont want this heat its muggy and horrible and trying to keep the boys cool is a nightmare and our electric bill is HUGE caus i have to have the fan on or sit them in the bath all day long

afternoon everyone, how are the UK mommas coping with the (ahem!) heat! Its around 32 here and got both the kids in just their pants, air con machine and fans on and we're still melting. It seems a shame to stay inside but its just too hot to take them out!

coping? Nate is in the bathtub its the only way i can keep him cool and EJ has only a nappy on with the curtains closed, windows open and fans going , computer is trying to tell me its only 28 here, pmsl its way hotter than that

Wow Lynn!! I wish I could take a few degrees off you guys and add it to ours,its 17 and raining.

Been up since 6am with Sam,he went back down at 7am for an hour and it is now at just after 10am fallen asleep in my arms again.All of this while my stepdaughter and OH are still sleeping in...

It's cooled off here thanks to some long overdue rain, so it's only 24 degrees. Nice and cool. We don't have Air Con, so when it was 36 degrees we were all melting. Luckily our LO likes it warm.
Cocoa - It must be my low milk supply because the one time Gabriel slept for 7 hours my boobs didn't even feel full.
Last night was not one of those nights. He slept 9:30-1, 1:45-2:45, 3:15-5. At 5:30 I gave him 2 oz of formula and he then slept 6-7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->