march lambs 2010 come on ladies

Hey girls- PP pics look fab! I still look atrocious naked and weighed myself today - I've lost 15lbs...... so only another 40lbs to go :cry:

Had MW round this morning and LO weighs the same as her birth weight, which has really made my day as I was worried my milk wasn't doing much! Slowly getting the hang of BFing now, milk has come in and boobs are so full, tight and sore! She was really fussy and gassy last night but I think she couldn't get a good latch and my nipples were so engorged! Taken to expressing a bit off before each feed now and it seems to be helping. She only feeds for 10-15 mins each time though- then she falls asleep, I wake her up to change and burp, offer her the same (or second) boob and she's not interested at all. Might go to the local BF support group this week for a bit of expert advice and encouragement!

Not sure if Mummydee has updated on here- her and Roman are still in hospital due to her & him both having infections. Looks like they might be home tomorrow though so she can tell you all about it x

[/QUOTE]
I was enjoying it but now I find it just painfully boring cause it takes so long sometimes...
[/QUOTE]

I totally hear you with this! I love b/f feeding Chase but get frustrated at not beinga able to do anything. Like today, from 9.30 he's hardly been off me and it's now 1.30! Supposed to go to my friends christening, gt hubbs uniform in the washing machine that i need to put on the line, but he is just totally having a booby day. Passed him to hubby a few times so i could get dressed and do my make up but after 10 mins he's crying cause he is hungry again :dohh: no idea if we'll make the christening now, still have to do something with my mess of hair. He was like this yesterday too, wonder if it's another growthspurt??? I even expressed, but he's not keen, going to have to persevere with that one.

Hi everyone.. knew this thread had been started but it took some searching for on my mobile ha. How is everyone and their little lambs? This is one of my first posts out of 'third tri' and it feels straaaange!! x

Hi everyone.. knew this thread had been started but it took some searching for on my mobile ha. How is everyone and their little lambs? This is one of my first posts out of 'third tri' and it feels straaaange!! x

its wierd isnt it!? a bit sad at the same time :cry: x

I was enjoying it but now I find it just painfully boring cause it takes so long sometimes...
[/QUOTE]

I totally hear you with this! I love b/f feeding Chase but get frustrated at not beinga able to do anything. Like today, from 9.30 he's hardly been off me and it's now 1.30! Supposed to go to my friends christening, gt hubbs uniform in the washing machine that i need to put on the line, but he is just totally having a booby day. Passed him to hubby a few times so i could get dressed and do my make up but after 10 mins he's crying cause he is hungry again :dohh: no idea if we'll make the christening now, still have to do something with my mess of hair. He was like this yesterday too, wonder if it's another growthspurt??? I even expressed, but he's not keen, going to have to persevere with that one.[/QUOTE]

To be honest hun, I think it sounds like comfort suckling. I had just this problem with Lachie and it was doing my HEAD in. So, though I'd said I never would use one, I resorted to sticking the dummy in his mouth. Makes it tricky how you've said Chase won't take the dummy :wacko: You poor thing. I think keep persevering with that, you won't choke him - sometimes it makes Lachie dry retch if it hits a certain spot in his mouth but after a bit of wriggling it round he takes it okay.

xx I mentioned it to the midwife, about my problem (he was 'feeding' from 11pm to 4am :nope:) and she said there was no way that was feeding as he didn't need that much food.

I hope things get better for you soon in that respect, you must be a bit at the end of your tether with it :hugs:

i tried the dummy thing too 4 that reason but she doesn't take it!

EJ will take a dummy when hes tired and your holding him but will spit it out the moment you leave him with it which is annoying caus Nate used to take his so easily and settle so nicely, EJ just wants picking up instead

Health Visitor came today at last,
EJ is 11lbs 2oz and has grown an inch in height too, he peed on the sofa while getting weighed though then proceeded to burp up a wad of sick onto my shoulder while i was dressing and calming him but he went to sleep like a dream, i'll just need a shower later to wash my hair:dohh: that will teach me not to tie it up lol, HV was also suitably impressed with Nathaniels progress

wow what a good size! that's awesome!!
I should've gone to bed hours ago. ella went to sleep at 10ish now its midnight. up in 3 hours. night :) x

night hun, i know what its like not wanting to go to bed and just getting caught up doing something you havent had a chance to do with the baby around,

Hello :wave: may I join pleassse? I had my baby on the 17th of March, a week early. She weighed 6lb 13oz and we've named her Lexie May. x

of course you can join us over here hows it all going xx

any of you not on front page yet sorry just tried to update it all got right to the end and server went funny and i lost it all so will try an do it tomorrow sorry xxxx

I totally hear you with this! I love b/f feeding Chase but get frustrated at not beinga able to do anything. Like today, from 9.30 he's hardly been off me and it's now 1.30! Supposed to go to my friends christening, gt hubbs uniform in the washing machine that i need to put on the line, but he is just totally having a booby day. Passed him to hubby a few times so i could get dressed and do my make up but after 10 mins he's crying cause he is hungry again :dohh: no idea if we'll make the christening now, still have to do something with my mess of hair. He was like this yesterday too, wonder if it's another growthspurt??? I even expressed, but he's not keen, going to have to persevere with that one.[/QUOTE]

To be honest hun, I think it sounds like comfort suckling. I had just this problem with Lachie and it was doing my HEAD in. So, though I'd said I never would use one, I resorted to sticking the dummy in his mouth. Makes it tricky how you've said Chase won't take the dummy :wacko: You poor thing. I think keep persevering with that, you won't choke him - sometimes it makes Lachie dry retch if it hits a certain spot in his mouth but after a bit of wriggling it round he takes it okay.

xx I mentioned it to the midwife, about my problem (he was 'feeding' from 11pm to 4am :nope:) and she said there was no way that was feeding as he didn't need that much food.

I hope things get better for you soon in that respect, you must be a bit at the end of your tether with it :hugs:[/QUOTE]

Yeah the cheeky lil monkey is defo comfort sucking, i can tell when he is feeding and when just sucking by the way his mouth moves. We'll have to try the dummy again, a few people have said maybe he's just a bit young, but i know babies younger than him have them no problem.
He's been really good today, managed to get loads done for a change :thumbup: Although i met my friend at the park and the tears started, i thought babies were supposed to like going out in the pram :shrug: not Chase it would seem.

I really need to start expressing on a regular basis i think to get him to take from a bottle or i'll never be able to leave him at all. Ahh mil came round yesterday and said if he was on a bottle she would have taken him for a couple of hours so i could sleep or catch up with stuff. Ooh and she slipped me £40 as she left and told me to go shopping, good times!

Everyone that is b/f did your LO's just take a bottle no problem? and how frequent do you express?

ej took a bottle tonight for his 9pm feed as we had visitors and i didnt want to feed im going to pump now though to give my breasts some relief and so it doesnt mess up my supply, he drank it very quickly even though i kept stopping to stop him taking it too fast and being sick he had 150ml though and then burped a few times and has gone to sleep on DH,
I expressed this feed for him by pumping for a few min after each feed today and combining it for the feed, it means alot more washing and sterlising of my pump but i found it ok doing it this way and i'll probably have my pump clean so if he leaves me with a bit after his night feed that i can pump it off so i dont end up too engorged in the morning,

of course you can join us over here hows it all going xx

Very well thanks, she's a really good baby just feeds then off to sleep, she only crys when she wants feeding or a nappy change. I'm loving every minute of being a mummy :cloud9: but I never thought I'd say this but I'm missing my bump. I was so fed up of being so huge in the last few weeks and was really looking forward to wearing pretty summer clothes but now I totally miss having a bump! x

i have to dig out all my summer (non preggy) clothes and hope they fit over my HUGE boobs lol,

i have to dig out all my summer (non preggy) clothes and hope they fit over my HUGE boobs lol,

:lol: I too am having this problem. It's great having bigger boobs and all but I want some more tops that fit (and perhaps show them off nicely :rofl: For round the house of course..don't particularly want to be labelled a milf :haha:) x

lol its crazy i need tops that are easy to breastfeed while wearing as well not just any old tops lol and since my wardrobe is jeans and tight tops/halter neck tops normally then i need some light floaty tops for summer

Everyone that is b/f did your LO's just take a bottle no problem? and how frequent do you express?

Sam is taking the bottle with no problem. The first couple of times he was kind of gagging on it...but then went to take it with no problem. He is getting one every other night or if I need to go out. Not expressing though, we actually give him some formula as I am ok to miss up to two feedings. He will not take the soother though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->