march lambs 2010 come on ladies

just quickly popped in to see how every one is for those of you expressing just in case you dont know remember the milk you express in a morning should be fed in a morning and the milk you express of an evening should be given in a evening just thort i would share.
greenlady i have 1 boob that does not produce as much milk as the other she is still feeding fine from it tho xxx

just quickly popped in to see how every one is for those of you expressing just in case you dont know remember the milk you express in a morning should be fed in a morning and the milk you express of an evening should be given in a evening just thort i would share.
greenlady i have 1 boob that does not produce as much milk as the other she is still feeding fine from it tho xxx

How come? i've never been told that. i just use mine in order of how i've pumped. usually if i express in the morning that milk will be used in the afternoon, I refridgerate it, so it's ok to use for the next 48 hours x

i hadnt heard that either Em i just know that at this stage your not supposed to keep milk stored frozen for more than a month as baby will grow and your milk will change to suit baby so older milk wont statisfy baby.
i got 150 ml in about 10 min this morning as i woke up engorged and EJ couldnt take it all so i had to pump it off so it will be helpful if i want to sleep in tomorrow caus thats probably as much as he can take in one feed at the moment, need to get some size one bottle teats or sterile cups to feed him from though as i chucked all the size one teats after ds1 so only have 2's and 3's which will flow to fast for EJ,
I have both boys all on my own today for the first time which will be a challenge but so far its going ok, but dh only left 40 min ago and EJ is in bed, but i have gotten the dishes done and ds1's breakfast done and me fed

omg Lynn your a pumping queen! jealous. I'm pumping now and got one measley ounce in 10 mins so far :rofl::rofl: what pump do you have???? Also how long refrigerated does it keep? We've got a christening to go to tomorrow and the plan was to pump now and later this afteernoon as won't have time tomorrow morning. I thought it was 48hrs but me tommee tippee book says 24hrs :dohh:

lol i have a good supply and my let down is very quick , 5 min into every feed EJ comes unlatched and milk goes everywhere caus its coming so fast lol, im also being really strict about making sure i eat everytime i do a feed and drink plenty so now that im sleeping more im producing more,
I have the TommeeTippie Hand pump , i think its the most comfortable pump ive used and its really easy to clean too, i have used electric pumps at the hospital in the past and found them annoying and had to run them on high to get anywhere near a decent flow rate going,
different books say different things about storing breastmilk , i dont store it for more than 24hrs in the fridge if i know im not going to use it within that time i freeze it so i can use it at a later point, im going to probably split what i have expressed today into 2 feeds and freeze it when i get a chance to go into the kitchen lol

lol i have a good supply and my let down is very quick , 5 min into every feed EJ comes unlatched and milk goes everywhere caus its coming so fast lol, im also being really strict about making sure i eat everytime i do a feed and drink plenty so now that im sleeping more im producing more,
I have the TommeeTippie Hand pump , i think its the most comfortable pump ive used and its really easy to clean too, i have used electric pumps at the hospital in the past and found them annoying and had to run them on high to get anywhere near a decent flow rate going,
different books say different things about storing breastmilk , i dont store it for more than 24hrs in the fridge if i know im not going to use it within that time i freeze it so i can use it at a later point, im going to probably split what i have expressed today into 2 feeds and freeze it when i get a chance to go into the kitchen lol

Sounds like we have similar boobies lol! :haha: Lachie comes unlatched with milk coming out his nose and his mouth :rofl: Poor little guy, I think he get a bit overwhelmed. It's bloody messy. I got a similar amount of milk to you the other day too, about 150ml in 15 mins.

I hope your engorgement sorts itself soon hun, it's it terrible :nope: xx So glad mine's gone away, I thought I was going to die...so painful.

Look at the wee suits i got- one for Ella and one for RWhite's little man :cloud9:

https://i42.tinypic.com/1zf5u2s.jpg

This is Ella in hers.

https://i39.tinypic.com/8x7brn.jpg

I can't wait to Rosy's wee lachlan in his :dance:

x

sorry the pics are so big, i'm new to using a mac and i'm ot sure how to resize them :blush: any ideas??

i dont know what software is avalible for mac's that resizes pictures but you can upload them to facebook and copy the link of the thumbnail size from there to make them smaller,

Thanks she seems to be getting plenty from it once I get her on, its getting her on that's tricky. I wonder if its because I'm right handed she prefers the right boob. Also the left nipple is a bit ravaged!

Does anyone else's LO cluster feed in the evenings? Flora will have 4 or 5 feeds between 6 and midnight, making it a bit tricky to have dinner at the same time as anyone else. Thankfully she then sleeps really well between midnight and 4 or even 5am. I hope its oK to leave her that long, I figure she's just had a lot to eat before bed and is full up for longer.

i dont wake EJ after he goes to be around 11ish and normally he wakes between 3-4 then i wake him to start our day at 7,
EJ did cluster feed in the evenings but we seem to be past that now

I have a question for the ladies that aren't bfing. My milk didn't come in until almost day 7 and then was very very little. The LC said I actually wasn't producing nearly enough milk and since Mika was losing so much weight wanted me to just go to formula. My point being, I have never had much milk, but I haven't nursed for the past five weeks and I still have some? I honestly feel that I have more now than I did before as my breasts have never been sore/full feeling until now?

How long does it take for your milk to go?

Look at the wee suits i got- one for Ella and one for RWhite's little man :cloud9:

https://i42.tinypic.com/1zf5u2s.jpg

This is Ella in hers.

https://i39.tinypic.com/8x7brn.jpg

I can't wait to Rosy's wee lachlan in his :dance:

x

:hugs: Hehe yay! xx Thanks again hunni

hi ya just another little bit for thoses of you who are expressing You can store milk in the fridge for up to 5 days at 4°C or lower (usually at the back where it is coldest) Breastmilk can be stored for two weeks in the ice compartment of a fridge or for up to six months in a freezer but like lynnikins said at this stage when they are younger try and use it within a month but if you dont it will still be ok to use hope this will be helpful to some one lol xxx

I have a question for the ladies that aren't bfing. My milk didn't come in until almost day 7 and then was very very little. The LC said I actually wasn't producing nearly enough milk and since Mika was losing so much weight wanted me to just go to formula. My point being, I have never had much milk, but I haven't nursed for the past five weeks and I still have some? I honestly feel that I have more now than I did before as my breasts have never been sore/full feeling until now?

How long does it take for your milk to go?

when i stopped bf-ing ds1 it took about 8wks for my milk to full dry up but ive known it to take longer for some people

Just wondering, girls that are expressing - I expressed some milk (managed to get nearly 200ml in a short amount of time, whoot :dance: OH was amazed lol!) for tonight's night feed, as I get bored with Lachie suckling endlessly while I'm dozing back off (not to mention it's cold out in the living room :wacko:). Anywho...how do you girls normally warm up your EBM before giving it to LO? I had been putting the bottle in a container filled with boiling water, but it seems to take forever. Is it okay to put the bottle in the microwave for a little bit, or is that like to melt the bottle and/or put fumes from the plastic in the milk?

xx Thankies! :hugs:

I feed with a bottle of 120ml emb at night (bout 3am) hun its alot quicker than breastfeeding (which i mostly do in the day), a bottle takes about 10mins while she could be on my boob for an hour suckling and dozing on and off for an hour. then i put her in bed. i change her 1st on the night feed so i dont disturd her after ive fed and burped her coz i find it quite hard for her to go back to sleep then as she wants to play. when shes in bed ill express milk. then ill head back to bed. Whenj she starts stirring and i slowly wake up lol (lucky she doesnt cry for ages, so i can slowly get up and she wont wake OH), I put on my dressing gown, flick on the jug, get her up, change her, i only have one light on and speak to her quietly. i put the boiling water in ameasuring cup and put the bottle in, then sit on the couch and feed her, then burp her whilst she is pretty much asleep, wrap her back up (arms out ofcourse lol) and into bed. most of the time she is fast asleep by the time ive finished expressing- i quickly check bnb at the same time haha. this is all usually with her going to sleep bout 9.30pm, waking at 3ish, then she will wake again about 7.30 :)
x

I feed with a bottle of 120ml emb at night (bout 3am) hun its alot quicker than breastfeeding (which i mostly do in the day), a bottle takes about 10mins while she could be on my boob for an hour suckling and dozing on and off for an hour. then i put her in bed. i change her 1st on the night feed so i dont disturd her after ive fed and burped her coz i find it quite hard for her to go back to sleep then as she wants to play. when shes in bed ill express milk. then ill head back to bed. Whenj she starts stirring and i slowly wake up lol (lucky she doesnt cry for ages, so i can slowly get up and she wont wake OH), I put on my dressing gown, flick on the jug, get her up, change her, i only have one light on and speak to her quietly. i put the boiling water in ameasuring cup and put the bottle in, then sit on the couch and feed her, then burp her whilst she is pretty much asleep, wrap her back up (arms out ofcourse lol) and into bed. most of the time she is fast asleep by the time ive finished expressing- i quickly check bnb at the same time haha. this is all usually with her going to sleep bout 9.30pm, waking at 3ish, then she will wake again about 7.30 :)
x

Gawd I so agree with the breastfeeding at night taking forever, and they do doze off! Really gets your hopes up eh :haha: What bottles do you use hun? I bought some of the Closer to Nature ones, but Lachie just won't take them that well...takes him ages to latch to them for some reason, and then he ends up dribbling most of the milk out down the front of him and down his neck :wacko: So went and got a NUK teat today as he seems to latch better to those (but Tom had previously bought a formula teat so I got a breastmilk/water teat today). It's handy cause my pump is NUK too so the bottles are compatible.

How do you express without engorging yourself? The midwife said I shouldn't as it increases milk supply when you don't need it but I can't figure how to do it successfully...I just get so frustrated and bored when breastfeeding to be honest! I was enjoying it but now I find it just painfully boring cause it takes so long sometimes...

Her bed/feed times sound really similar to Lachlan's - that's so good :) I'm glad she's sleeping well for you. So much bloody easier when they have a routine eh...although Lachie's asleep now so god knows what his sleeping will be like tonight. Uh oh.

Thanks for the advice hun :hugs: That's really helpful - how long do you normally leave the bottle in the boiling water for before it's good to go?

I havn't heard that. i seem to use all that i express but breastfeed. I get full boobs but I will express every few hours. she is catching up to me now. I use avent bottles to pump into coz my pump is avent, and usually i store them in those and then tip what i need into a baby's best bottle. they are 140ml or something bottles they are cheap, like 4 dollars each, from the warehouse but they work really well with her, so we went and got more, but i also use the small avent ones we have with a size 1 teat :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->