march lambs 2010 come on ladies

I am impressed with the weights of your LOs,in comparison Sam seems so tiny with his 14lbs.

Been up with him again since 3am...he has been waking up a lot lately. He is just wide awake and wants to play. It usually takes between an hour or two to get him back settled. It is starting to get bright out now. :cry:

I hope he gives you some more sleep! mummy needs rest! Do you ver co sleep hun? x

Hive: Sorry Ronan hasn't been sleeping. I keep expecting that we will have a period of sleep regression, but so far so good.

Seffi: What a relief! So glad to hear your LO is gaining.

PH: Wow, Zander does sound like he is going to be tall when he grows up. I think Charlotte will be too. Her father is 6'-4" and she is almost off the charts for height and totally off the charts for weight. DH is already planning out her athletic career (so she will get a college scholarship). Time will tell, right?

Em: Good luck with the vaccinations.

So yesterday I got a baby gift from a friend. He (or probably his wife) bought Charlotte several adorable outfits. Only problem is that they are for a 3/6 month old and C is already too big. He sent the receipt so I decided I would trade them in for a bigger size. Well I took them to the store and it had been over 90 days (91 days to be exact) since the items had been bought :saywhat:. So they said they couldn't help me. My friend must have put the package in his trunk to mail off to me and then forgotten about it until last week :dohh:. I feel bad because the clothes were really cute and expensive and now we can't use them. Suppose I will just have to have another little girl one of these days. :haha:

MM what a cute video! :)

julchen, how old was ur lil guy at birth? Cause Zander was a big boy at birth too. I wouldn't feel bad though. A friend of mine has an 11 month old that weighs less than Zander and is shorter (he's always been a tiny baby though).

vegas, that's too bad about the clothes! I have several like that that Zander was never able to wear. one outfit my great aunt sent (she lives in tampa) and I guess she just thinks that anything north of Tampa is absolutely freezing cause a week ago I got a sweat pants and jacket outfit meant for 6-9 month olds. which, is the size he's wearing now but it's been in the 90's here... there's no way my kid is wearing pants and a jacket now.

I don't know if anyone else from the US has heard this, but I had to share with everyone. This is a real customer service call from Dell. In my opinion, totally hilarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0q8ARphbHw

I am impressed with the weights of your LOs,in comparison Sam seems so tiny with his 14lbs.

Been up with him again since 3am...he has been waking up a lot lately. He is just wide awake and wants to play. It usually takes between an hour or two to get him back settled. It is starting to get bright out now. :cry:

I hope he gives you some more sleep! mummy needs rest! Do you ver co sleep hun? x

Actually I do. We put him down into his crib in the evening and then when he wakes at night, which used to be around 2am but lately has been midnight, I take him into our bed, feed him and usually we both fall asleep pretty quickly. However the past few night have been nothing but stirring around, so we both did not get a good sleep. It is 9am now and he is still sleeping. Which is great...but I rather have him not get up in between. I would love to get out of this habit, it just seems like he sleeps so much better in our bed - even if we are not there. :shrug:

Hive: Sorry Ronan hasn't been sleeping. I keep expecting that we will have a period of sleep regression, but so far so good.

There is such a thing as a sleep regression period? I wonder if that is what we are going through. His sleeping is all over the place. He never really slept through the entire night (although I was told by the pediatrician for a bf baby to sleep 5 hours at a time is considered sleeping through), but he was somewhat consistent. Now it is different every day. Only thing that stays the same is that he needs a nap after about 2hrs awake time.

julchen, how old was ur lil guy at birth? Cause Zander was a big boy at birth too. I wouldn't feel bad though. A friend of mine has an 11 month old that weighs less than Zander and is shorter (he's always been a tiny baby though).

He was born 9 days overdue at 8.8lbs and 21.5 inches. According to his pediatrician he is perfectly on the 50% with weight and height, the head is 75% , probably a bit stubborn :haha: It just seems that most of the babies are over the 50% then. I am not really worried though.

Yeah, Zander is well over the 50%... he's at 95% for weight and 99% for height. :saywhat: :shock:
As long as his doc isn't worried then I wouldn't be. I'm sure he'll be one of those that hits a huge growth spurt in middle school or something like that and he'll tower over you soon enough! lol.

Well my little darling woke me every 2 hours from 1am last night! She is completely inconsistent and if there is ging to be regression from this sleeping pattern then I am seriouslt in for a rough time! I'm not sure how to get her to sleep longer - she has done 8-10 hours several times so I know she can. Anyone got tips? I was thinking of doing some sort of sleep training. Hivechild didn't you follow some kind of sleep training routine?

And then she went and had a 2 hour nap in the middle of the day which is unheard of. So I'm well confused last few days.

Julchen - Flora is smallish, she is 25th percentile probably not quite 12lbs yet. But also younger than a lot of the others.

Mummydee - Infant gaviscon didn't work for us it just made her poo really dry it was gross. Ranitidine is the next medication they give you which is working quite well I think, although she has her bad moments still. She puked a lot today and was a bit whingy when we met up with some friends. So not perfect but better than she was.

MM - cute video. I must get our jumper thingy out soon, I think she's strong enough to use it!

PH, no wonder Zander looks so much more grown up. I love the picture in your Avatar by the way!

I dont mind at all if it takes a while for Sam to tower over me :haha: A friend of ours has a 11 week old baby weighing almost 18lbs...now that is crazy...the little guy is off the charts...she feeds him 4oz every 2 hours. Seems a lot to me.

julchen - Sam is bigger than Gabriel. He gets weighed tomorrow and I'm not even sure he'll be over 11 lbs. He's such a tiny guy.

PH, no wonder Zander looks so much more grown up. I love the picture in your Avatar by the way!

I dont mind at all if it takes a while for Sam to tower over me :haha: A friend of ours has a 11 week old baby weighing almost 18lbs...now that is crazy...the little guy is off the charts...she feeds him 4oz every 2 hours. Seems a lot to me.

good grief 4 oz every 2 hours DOES seem like quite a lot. I'd up the bottle size and go for longer in between but that's just me. her 11 week old is one pound less than my 19 and a half week old. :shock:

Connor was in the 90th percentile when he was weighed on June 1st, but I think his weight gain has slowed. Guess I will find out when we go the doctors on July 30th.
Connor has been sleeping through the night (8pm- 7am) since 13 weeks, but he just hit 4 months so I'm waiting for this 4 month sleep regression to hit.

Does anyone else have a baby that has found their voice? Connor has started screaming. He has a happy scream, and an I'm upset scream, but they are both very loud and screechy. We went out to eat the other night, and he was so excited to watch people that he was screaming with joy :dohh:
I could only quiet him by feeding him.

M is 91st for weight and 50th for height! Lol

She's been mega cranky the last few days, entertaining her is so hard and I'm in a foul mood. I hope she grows out of it, I don't want a grumpy baby!

GL - M is the same - her sleep is so random - no set pattern at all. She still hasn't done a sleep longer than 6 hours though.

And M hasn't rolled over yet, although she is better at tummy time now, does about 3-5 minutes before crying. She seems to want to push herself forward rather than sideways/over.

I'm having a well deserved glass of wine once she's in bed!

I don't know if anyone else from the US has heard this, but I had to share with everyone. This is a real customer service call from Dell. In my opinion, totally hilarious!

This is why I don't even bother calling customer service. :haha::haha:

Also, I think there is a new comedy coming on this fall about a customer service call center in India. The previews look really funny.

Jul: Yeah, there is suppose to be a big time sleep regression period at four months. There used to be a support thread in the baby section. I was stalking that thread before Charlotte hit four months, but she never regressed so I never posted.

PH: Love it that your great aunt thinks that it must be cold in Georgia. If she is older (you did say that she is your great aunt) then maybe she is cold all the time and just assumes that your baby is too. Still, it is upsetting having clothes for them that they will never get to wear.

TBH I am a little jealous of the smaller babies. I feel my baby is growing so quickly that she already doesn't feel like my little baby :cry:. And the funny thing is that I am barely feeding her any more than I was two months ago. She's happy and healthy so I know I shouldn't complain at all. I am going to be a complete mess on her first birthday, I just know it!

This is why I don't even bother calling customer service. :haha::haha:

Also, I think there is a new comedy coming on this fall about a customer service call center in India. The previews look really funny.

I've seen previews for that show "outsourced" I think it's called. It looks pretty funny. And yes, my great Aunt is elderly. She's in her late 80s, so who knows what she was thinking with the outfit LOL.

Kel.... YES!!! Zander has found his voice a few weeks ago. I'll still get the random "aaah gooo" or "mmm bah" but for the most part it's screeching. Like Connor he has a happy one and an upset one. Even with his upset one though he smiles cause it seems like he finds his voice funny. :shrug:

cocoa, Zander's rolled once and I think it was by accident. He hasn't shown any interest in doing it again. he's more interested in army crawling on his tummy or standing in his jumpy seat.

Flora has definitely found her voice. She is doing all sorts of sounds its amazing. She also does that good creaming but its not nearly as loud as her unhappy screaming (which she did a bit of about an hour ago :dohh:)

M is 91st for weight and 50th for height! Lol

She's been mega cranky the last few days, entertaining her is so hard and I'm in a foul mood. I hope she grows out of it, I don't want a grumpy baby!

GL - M is the same - her sleep is so random - no set pattern at all. She still hasn't done a sleep longer than 6 hours though.

And M hasn't rolled over yet, although she is better at tummy time now, does about 3-5 minutes before crying. She seems to want to push herself forward rather than sideways/over.

I'm having a well deserved glass of wine once she's in bed!

Me too!!!!! Sorry M is cranky, F is quite often as well so I'm with you on that one (as usual!):hugs:

Julchen, yep there are a few big developmental growth leaps between 3&5 months that can do a real number on their sleep and appetite as well as make them extra clingy and cranky. Joy!

We were doing really well like I said until this past week when it's all just gone to pot. Today though he's decided that he can and will consistently roll onto his back when I put him down on his tummy, which would be great except that he only settles for naps on his tummy and while he can roll back to front he orders to just roll around like a turtle squealing until he gets overtired and starts screeching.

GL, I did pick up/put down with Ronan at 7 weeks and it worked great. Even if his sleep isn't great now we still have a solid foundation and it's not as bad as I think it would be otherwise!

Gabriel has been able to roll onto his back since forever (3 weeks). He usually only does it in the crib when he wakes up. When we do tummy time, I can put him down and he'll be good easily for 30+ minutes. I can leave him for an hour sometimes. Usually he just gets upset because he's not going forward. Lately he's been inching forward and it's actually gotten him more upset because it's not good enough.
I recorded about 6 minutes of him on his tummy the other day you can watch it if you'd like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzqVAhmBu88
He's been super chatty all day today. Going "mmmmm, mmmmm" over and over and over. It's super cute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->