march lambs 2010 come on ladies

PH - poor little Zander! Fingers crossed it drops on its own :hugs:
Cocoa - sorry to hear about your work troubles. I don't suppose you could ask them to contribute to your childcare costs? I've been tarting to feel like I should be having more contact with work and think I'll go in for a few half days here and there. I feel pretty out of the loop now!
Seity - Gabriel is gorgeous and I agree there's got to be small ones to balance out the big ones etc etc. I love the video of him on his tummy he is really ecellent at tummy time!
Erised - wow Eleanor is sitting already! That's great! She's adorable.

I have taken a leaf out of everyone's book today. 1, I have ordered a sophie and a bumbo! :happydance: and 2. I have started uploading vids to youtube. I don't know if I'm doing it right as it seems to take a while but hey, its a good way to share them so I can be patient.

I hope this works, this is Flora on holiday reacvhing out for and talking to her little lamaze bumblebee that she loves:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5Vv1o3O0WM

All the videos of your babies made me jealous so this weekend I ordered a camcorder, and it just showed up today.
I can't wait to get home and get some video of Connor!

Seity- thats a great weight gain for Gabriel!
Pineapplehead- I hope it drops on his own :hugs:
MM & Cocoa- cute pics of your little girls! Makes me to start trying for number 2 soon with hopes of a little girl
Erised- I can't believe how well she is sitting up already! She is just too adorable

Ah shes so cute. Trying to get M to sleep though so didn't have any noise!

My videos always take AGES to upload too x

I look forward to seeing some video of Connor soon Kel.
And yes, youtube takes forever to upload.

Julchen - even with Ronan's disrupted sleeping I know he's still doing far better than some. I think I would cry if he was waking every hour needing me!

Erised - Eleanor is so cute. Look at her sitting up! What fantastic strength and control she has there.

Seity - Hah, we must have! I haven't seen it on there again since. Glad to hear Gabriel's weight gain is doing so great as well. Hopefully he's in good spirits now. Ronan was grizzly for that first day, the poor mite.

Vegasbaby - I am excited but at the same time, it's so hard to know when he'll really be properly ready since we're going to do BLW. He grabbed my banana today and broke it in half and almost got it to his mouth before it slipped out of his hands (whoever thought it was a good idea to use bananas to see if they're ready!? They get so slimey!) Anyway, I held the end of it and let him grab it and he crammed it right into his mouth, chewed off the top and was moving it around in his mouth and chewing it. I'm pretty sure he swallowed some, too but I'm not sure he was so impressed by the taste! :rofl: He actually looked suprised that it had a taste that wasn't plastic, wood or fabric! :haha:

I hope you've recovered from your hangover by now, and try not to let it get to you too much about missing friends. I know how hard that can be, though!

CocoaOne - Well that's both good and not so good news, but perhaps the best outcome you could have hoped for given the circumstances? Such a lovely smile M has, too. She looks like she's having fun there with tummy time.

mummydee - It's not impossible that his mumumum is aimed at you! The words for mum and dad are so similiar in a lot of languages around the world because they're some of the first sounds babies learn to make. Either way, we can pretend, and rub it in that they're not saying dada, right? :mrgreen:

PineappleHead - I hope Zander gets to keep both his family jewels! Have they scheduled the endoscopy yet? I would be beside myself at him having to be under a general.

greenlady - Flora is so adorable. What a cute little video of her. :thumbup: on ordering the bumbo and sophie! You know you couldn't hold out that long. :haha:

kel127 - looking forward to seeing some videos of Connor once you get the camcorder!

PH: Sorry that Zander has to keep going to the Dr for this issue. Let's hope it falls soon or it can be easily retrieved. I agree with the rest of the ladies that although he may know that he only has one ball no one else will likely know. And I too have heard that can put an implant in. Do you think that they would give him a little implant now and a bigger one when he gets older? Not sure about how boy parts grow!

The videos are so cute. I need to start putting videos up on YouTube so that I can share them with friends and family. The good news is that I just got a new fancy camera so the quality of my still photos should be getting much better. Lord knows I take enough photos to justify the new camera.

Kel: While girls are cute, boys appear to be so much fun. I would like a boy for my next baby (whenever that will be). Wonder if you can do anything to improve your chances of one sex over another? Maybe I will google to see if there are any tips/ old wives tales.

Seity: Hope Gabriel feels better from his shots.

What kind of camera did you get vegasbaby?

As for improving your odds, apparently boy sperm is faster and stronger but girl sperm lives longer so the closer to ovulation you dtd the better your chances for a boy.

I really enjoyed viewing all the piccies and videos. Your babies are absolutely adorable!

Pineapplehead: I pray that things resolve on their own for Zander.

When I brought Gavin for his check-up, his pedia told me I could start giving him rice cereal and fruit. We started him 2 days ago with the cereal at night and he surprised us by sleeping 6 hours straight! Woo hoo! He used to wake up every 3 hours. Last night he slept 6 1/2 hours straight. We are so happy! We are hoping this continues forever! Will take a photo of him later while he's eating. He seems to enjoy eating with a spoon.

Keep those photos and vids coming! They surely make me smile!

I'm loving seeing all the new pics and videos!

I'm just getting on here quickly before I start doing laundry (yay.).

We had a bit of a nightmare a couple days ago. Mika developed a couple mongolian spots right above his little bum when he was a few weeks old. This is completely normal in mixed race babies and our Dr. told us nothing to be afraid of. Well, one of the spots suddenly got a lot darker and developed some mottling in it. The doctor didn't think it was anything to be concerned about, but had us bring him in just to put our minds and hers at ease. She took a look and said it is perfectly fine, his skin is still darkening and probably hasn't reached its final shade yet and that's probably what caused it.

Well, one of the nurses knows that he is a bit of a cranky boy sometimes, but had never really examined him or seen him naked. When she saw the spot, she didn't agree with the Dr. that they had been there since he was younger and decided they must be a bruise. So she called child welfare. We had to have a home study with a child welfare worker, who was very understanding and apparently had a daughter who had mongolian spots as a baby, but still it was stressful! I couldn't believe that the nurse didn't believe the Dr. And it was further complicated by the fact that I'm working at the same child welfare office starting next month, so I had to call the woman who will be my boss and have a note placed in my employment file regarding the exact circumstances so that I can still practice social work with that agency.

Ok, that's my rant for the day. I'm just a bit annoyed by the whole thing. Especially since this is the second time we have had this issue (not the same nurse) with someone seeing the spot and assuming its a bruise. I understand being concerned for a kid, but it hurts me so much that someone could think I might hurt my child!

I just uploaded my first 2 videos. These videos show Connors two favorite things- His Jumperoo and his bathtime
Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71NOL6qLfFg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeI5-XbzD9k

BnK- Thats an awful thing to have to go though :hugs:
Steffi- Yay for good sleep. I'm glad the rice cereal is helping Gavin sleep better!

BnK -that's horrible. Nurses like that should be fired in my opinion. It's one thing to question without knowing more, but when a doctor knows it's fine then that should be the end of it.
Steffi - that's great. Since supplementing with formula Gabriel started to go 5 hours at night finally. That little bit of extra sleep is brilliant!
Kel - Love the videos! Connor sounds a lot like Gabriel (not too surprising) with all his noises.

Steffi - Glad to hear Gavin is sleeping better for you!

BnK - I would be sooo livid if I were you. I can't imagine how horrible that was to have to go through, not to mention the BS you have to go through to ensure it doesn't affect you working.

Kel - I love Connor! How cute is he bouncing around and splashing? I love his hair, too. The one video I have of Ronan in the bath he decided to pee for the camera. :rofl: You can bet I'm hanging onto that one for blackmail material when he's older! I really should get more of him in the tub (minus the peeing).

Bnk: Oh I can imagine how you must have felt. The nerve of some people! Gavin is my only baby that was born with a small mongolian spot. It is also quite common in Asian babies. It seems to be fading now though.

Kel: Oh my! Those videos were too cute. At what age did Connor start using his jumperoo? Until what age do you think he will be able to use it? I think I want to get one for Gavin but the price is double over here. It costs around $210. It sure looks like he is having the time of his life with his new toy. My son used to have something similar to it 9 years ago and he loved it.

BnK thats disgusting behaviour from the nurse, you would think she would know better really :(

Hivechild- That makes me feel better actually, coz watching your videos i was like omg Ella isn't even close to doing what he is doing~ then when i realised it was actually from you Ronan is 5 months not 4! I feel abit better now lol.

jj- Ella arches her back in her bumbo too. i can only put her in it if she is in a good mood. The 1st time I tried her in it she was hungry and kept arching her back. i can't imagine that would be too comfy :dohh:
I don't have many pics of me and Ella either (well none that i like!) And even less of the 3 of us together!

mummydee- Ella always says mumumumum. She looked at me the other day and said "mum" i was like omg u said mum! then realised its too early and was probably just a sound effect :dohh:

Erised- That is so great Eleanor is sitting up! How exciting our babies are learning things so fast time is just flying by!!

Vegas- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you had a great night out- you deserved every one of those drinks!!! :hugs:

Cocoa- Don't worry, Ella's not rolling yet either. Has M shown any signs that you think she is about to?

Seity- yay for the great weight gain!! Do they know why he is so little? Or is he generally just a small boy? What is his length now? :D

julchen- I didn't know when babies were meant to double their birth weight. I will know Ella's weight next Week on Wednesday for her 4 month check. Argh 4 months! She is 4 months old tomorrow little chub!!

PH- That sounds like a terrible thing for you and Zander to have to go through. I really hope he doesn't need surgery but if he does I hope things can be up and running for him soon, poor wee guy :hugs:

GL- CUTE video!! Ella has that same Lamaze bee. She also has the bug. I put them on her wrists and she follows them around when she waves her arms :haha:

Kel- yay yay yay for new cam! Always exciting to get some new toys :dance:
Thats the 1st time I have seen a jumperoo! I thought they were like a jolly jumper but they arnt. I want 1! he looks like he is loving it! The bath time is so cute his hair is going everywhere :haha: I'm too scared to take my hand out from under Ella's head- does it float like his bum does?

Steffi- Does he open his mouth for the spoon or does he do what ella does and just sticks his tounge out and tries to lick it? It makes things so messy :haha:

bnk- That is absolutely horrifying! I would be appauled at that nurse, you poor thing. I would so complain! And the fact that you are going to go and work at that place would make things so hard, I really hope it gets sorted asap. Not something you should have to go through unnessasserily (sp). x

Not much to report this way. Me and Ella went and visited a friend today. She has a 7 and a half month old girl, layla. Layla was very intrigued by Ella and kept trying to grab at her and gave her a scratch and Ella cried. LOL Bully!!! Watch out Ella will be able to attack back very soon :haha:
It's 8.45pm and I have a baby and a hubby in bed, house is clean, i just have to hang up some washing on the clothes horse and i can just sit back for a couple hours. :happydance:

Miss Muffet: He opens his mouth up a little and you have to be quick to get the spoon in. Of course his hands get in the way, and his nose too, so by the time we are done with the feeding he needs a major bath. LOL!

May I ask you all a question? Gavin sleeps on his back, but sometime during the night would flip over to his tummy. I would check on him, and turn him over but I always find him back on his tummy a few minutes after. I am aware of SIDS and the importance of putting the babies to sleep on their backs. What do you all do when this happens? Sometimes I even find him with his face down instead of on the side. It scares me to see him this way. He seems to prefer the tummy position and I notice he sleeps longer, still I can't help but worry that it's not safe.

have you tried a safety sleep thing hun? I think you can but them they are like sheets that wrap around them so they don't roll over in bed. I havn't had this problem yet coz Ella hasn't rolled over yet, but i can see it being a problem when she does. I think we are going to buy one of those things, i will have a look and see what they are called x

They are like this- Safe T Sleep sleepwrap

https://www.olivers-baby-care.co.uk...06f020e43594a9c230972d/s/a/safe-t-sleep-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->