• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

march lambs overdue thread

Well MW won't give me a sweep until Monday 5th. If that one doesn't work, I'll be booked in for another on Wednesday 7th. And if that one doesn't work, I'll be booked in for induction, probably on Sunday 11th. Got a bit teary earlier as I've got a horrible feeling she won't come before my Dad leaves on Fri 10th.
She's still only 1/5th engaged too. :cry:

I know exactly how u feel CocoaOne. I got v depressed and weepy when my midwife said i had to wait till I was 13 days ova (over a week at time) til induction date. U get to due date, get so excited and then.... nothing. It's v deflating and added pressure like yr Dad leaving just makes u feel more emotional. Why wouldn't yr midwife give u a sweep - they shld if ur overdue? Was it due to unfavourable cervix? If it's any consolation mine did bugger all when I had 1. Big :hugs:

It's their policy not to offer sweeps until after 41 weeks unless medically necessary, I said that other areas do them at 40 weeks and MW said the reason it's 41 weeks is because evidence suggests they are more effective after 41 weeks than at 40 weeks, which I've read before so I understand. I know sweeps are less likely to work on first time mums too, so I suppose the longer they leave it - the more likely it is to work (or the more likely you are to go into labour naturally)

No signs from your LO Hattie?

Been having cramps all evening, but at usual - nothing that I can time. So frustrating!

It's their policy not to offer sweeps until after 41 weeks unless medically necessary, I said that other areas do them at 40 weeks and MW said the reason it's 41 weeks is because evidence suggests they are more effective after 41 weeks than at 40 weeks, which I've read before so I understand. I know sweeps are less likely to work on first time mums too, so I suppose the longer they leave it - the more likely it is to work (or the more likely you are to go into labour naturally)

No signs from your LO Hattie?

Been having cramps all evening, but at usual - nothing that I can time. So frustrating!

Oh that makes sense then. I had 1 last week b4 41 wks. Got another (hopefully) tmrw at 41+ 3 so....fingers crossed. No signs from my LO, just achey cramps now and again like u and quite a few 'shock' type pains down below by head. Frustrating it sure is!

hi gals,

had a few major BHs tonight too but dont appear to have amounted to anything - TBH noone is going to believe me if I go into labour before 12 noon tomorrow anyway as theyll think its an April Fool!

hi gals,

had a few major BHs tonight too but dont appear to have amounted to anything - TBH noone is going to believe me if I go into labour before 12 noon tomorrow anyway as theyll think its an April Fool!

I was worried about this too!:haha:

I knew she would come on April 1st!!! Wish me luck ladies - have had what i thought were contractions since about midnight - and just went to the loo and my waters went!!

Have to go to hospital as have strep B so need antibiotics as soon as waters go. Am scared silly!! Labour dust to you all xxxx

Good Luck Em!

Looks like the remainder of us March Lambs are officially turning into April Sweetpeas if theyll have us!

BTW - shall we do a roll call and see who is left???!!!

mummydee - 4 days over!

Awwwwwww..overdue March Lambs..... come on over to April SweetPeas. You're going to have a baby this month!! x x x x

CocoaOne - Four days over

Dee- love your new blinky!

Saffy - thank you! I think I'm technically on the April list as my original due date was 3rd April (before scan). Maybe I should have stuck with that date so I'd be less dissappointed now?!

I feel so sorry for myself today. I really wanted Crunchy nut cornflakes forbreakfast, but then realised I'd left the milk out on the side all day yesterday and overnight. Then I got excited about having marmite on toast - only to search for ages and realise I've got no marmite :cry:

Awwwwwww..overdue March Lambs..... come on over to April SweetPeas. You're going to have a baby this month!! x x x x

aww yes please, thank you! the march mummies thread is all baby talk now!

CocoaOne - Four days over

Dee- love your new blinky!

Saffy - thank you! I think I'm technically on the April list as my original due date was 3rd April (before scan). Maybe I should have stuck with that date so I'd be less dissappointed now?!

I feel so sorry for myself today. I really wanted Crunchy nut cornflakes forbreakfast, but then realised I'd left the milk out on the side all day yesterday and overnight. Then I got excited about having marmite on toast - only to search for ages and realise I've got no marmite :cry:

thank you, thought it was appropriate!! :winkwink:

sorry but had to laugh at your morning experience - although I can totally sympathise, I think our hormones are getting the better of us!:flower:

I was awake from 1-330am again last night and I kept talking to myself about utter random crap - I knew I was doing it but I couldnt help myself and none of it actually made any sense anyway! :dohh:

Lol Dee! Either you're having a baby or going slightly mad! Can you remember what you were saying? Did hubby hear you? Lol

I've got a headache and pelvic area is really achey today (and obviously I'm very emotional :haha:) but all normal apart from that. Maybe we'll have Easter day babies- they'll be like messiahs or something?! :haha:

Lol Dee! Either you're having a baby or going slightly mad! Can you remember what you were saying? Did hubby hear you? Lol

I've got a headache and pelvic area is really achey today (and obviously I'm very emotional :haha:) but all normal apart from that. Maybe we'll have Easter day babies- they'll be like messiahs or something?! :haha:

something about my friends australia photos being on facebook (which they arent?! :shrug: ), my friends little boys and forgetting where I'd put the milk or something..... going overdue has made me lose my marbles!! :dohh:

sorry tohear about the headache - I had one for the last few days but its gone today. bit tmi but I was in the loo about 6 times yesterday, I mean I suffer from IBS but that was a bit much even for me - pre-labour clear out.... I'm not even going to attempt to get my hopes up!

I've decided I just need to not read into ANYTHING and therefore bury my head in the sand until such a time as my waters break or I am in agony with contractions... until that point I refuse to believe anything at all is happening!

My mum said yesterday maybe we are cooking easter bunnies... I was trying to think of Easter names and could only come up with Jesus or Daffodil! :haha:

hey still here too was due 24th march so im now 8 days over with my 3rd,gotta see midwife this afternoon so hopefully shell do a sweep even tho im dreading it lol rather that than be induced

hey still here too was due 24th march so im now 8 days over with my 3rd,gotta see midwife this afternoon so hopefully shell do a sweep even tho im dreading it lol rather that than be induced

Good luck, hope you get a sweep :thumbup:

im 6 days over due today and am hating every moment off it, it feels like we have done our time and not being rewarded for it. Iam having a sweep tommorow which sounds awful but hope it works or else i will be induced which does actually sound worse. However everybody keep smiling as we know we will definalty be having our babies this month xx

That's true Jentomo- we'll all have our babies within a couple of weeks.

I've just had a bit if a clear-out and my whole hip/pelvic/back area is REALLY achey today. Feeling a bit more positive - hoping that my waters break during dinner at the restaurant tonight - maybe they'll give us our meal for free?! Lol :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->