march lambs overdue thread

Hi Lynn...I know you weren't looking forward to an induction, but I'm glad you have a time set where you'll be with your lo & (hopefully) the pain you've been experiencing will either go away or at least be diminished. I'll definitely be thinking about you on Friday. :hugs:

will be thinking of u to!! but fingers crossed you have baby before then!!!

does anyone else feel like their baby keeps brushing past and onto there hip/pelvis?? it only happens on my right side, cos that is way she is laying, but sumtimes it really hard and quite painful!!! i just keep willing her to break my waters!!! unsure if its actually possible mind!

Hey,
Still nothing for me.... had loads of contractions last night, started timing them they went to 8-10 mins then i fell asleep and woke up this morning thinking D'OH didn't happen then!!!!!

Strange thing is haven't really felt baby all that much today, getting the odd foot/bum movement but all seems quiet.. am thinking might call midwife just for a bit of reassurance i know its all likely to be fine but i just don't like the quiet..altho I had heard they quieten before labour but no idea how true that is..anyone else heard that?

xx

i heard they do quieten beofre labour, but if u have any worries i wud get checked out!!!!

glad you got an induction date Lynn, hopefully your LO will be here before the weekend is out then, the end is in sight girl!!!

I asked about babies quietening down yesterday, but it seems some of them stay just as active right up until labour starts, so I wouldnt take it as a sign. my mw said you should still get bubbs regular movements and if at all worried that you arent then to contact them - definitely call Lisa!

Boonies - I just get little man headbutting my cervix constantly - well thats what it feels like anyway!

glad you got an induction date Lynn, hopefully your LO will be here before the weekend is out then, the end is in sight girl!!!

I asked about babies quietening down yesterday, but it seems some of them stay just as active right up until labour starts, so I wouldnt take it as a sign. my mw said you should still get bubbs regular movements and if at all worried that you arent then to contact them - definitely call Lisa!

Boonies - I just get little man headbutting my cervix constantly - well thats what it feels like anyway!

Thanks - will def give them a call...trying not to have a little panic! am sure it'll all be ok tho!

keep us updated lisa.

birthing ball looks so big and uncomfy!!! does sitting looking at it work??

rofl!! boonies you may actually find the ball very comfy - I prefer it to the laptop chair at the moment!

good luck lisa, keep us posted!

god look at all us sadbored march mummies waiting for something to happen lol! I'm so bored I have actually started my next uni assignment, I must be desperate!

blimey mummydee thats either dedication or shear boredom lol

i even started reading through the past overdue threads, and tried working out when each of them went into labour and what signs they had, as if that will help me work out when i will!!! bad times!!

have had a relatively good day today though, a good walk and some nice chillaxing! just wish hubby wud get better :(

I've decided sign interpretation now is just as bad as when ttc! everyone is different and everyones signs are going to be different - unless my waters break or I start having regular painful contractions that dont stop, then I'm not in labour!

I've decided sign interpretation now is just as bad as when ttc! everyone is different and everyones signs are going to be different - unless my waters break or I start having regular painful contractions that dont stop, then I'm not in labour!

that is soooo true lol!!!

amazing how u can have 'signs' which arnt even there but u want them to be so much lol

Well I had a sweep today, it was bloody painful! My cervix was closed but soft so mw was able to feel LO's head when she gave me a sweep. Poor DH was in the room with me and said he hated seeing me in pain! Mw said that I may see some of my plug and it may start something off, but if not I am going back in on Friday morning for another sweep and to arrange an induction for next week. At least I know I will have my baby by the end of next week!

Have had the smallest bit of a show since the sweep so fingers crossed it worked!

Lynnikins, I hope you start soon!

:dust: to all the mummies waiting!
x

sounds like your appointment went much better than mine, your OH will have to get used to seeing you in pain unless he doesnt plan to attend the birth,

my plans have changed, not caus im contracting but because they cant fit me in on Friday so will hopefully ( beds permitting ) be inducing me tomorrow night or at least taking me into hospital and giving me the first pessary then we will see what happens im booked to go up at 9 but have to call them at 7 and check they have a bed up there for me, fingers crossed they do or im in labour before then and can go to the MW unit as otherwise they cant fit anyone else in for Friday or Saturday so i would be waiting till Sunday which i definatly dont want to do

I know! Bless him! LO is still 2/5 palpable and has been for 5 weeks and he's going to be big so really should get moving, he must want more space by now!

Hopefully you will be induced tomorrow! Fingers crossed for you!

x

sounds like your appointment went much better than mine, your OH will have to get used to seeing you in pain unless he doesnt plan to attend the birth,

my plans have changed, not caus im contracting but because they cant fit me in on Friday so will hopefully ( beds permitting ) be inducing me tomorrow night or at least taking me into hospital and giving me the first pessary then we will see what happens im booked to go up at 9 but have to call them at 7 and check they have a bed up there for me, fingers crossed they do or im in labour before then and can go to the MW unit as otherwise they cant fit anyone else in for Friday or Saturday so i would be waiting till Sunday which i definatly dont want to do

Hope everything goes well & they're able to fit you in...or you go into labor on your own. :hugs:

Well I had a sweep today, it was bloody painful! My cervix was closed but soft so mw was able to feel LO's head when she gave me a sweep. Poor DH was in the room with me and said he hated seeing me in pain! Mw said that I may see some of my plug and it may start something off, but if not I am going back in on Friday morning for another sweep and to arrange an induction for next week. At least I know I will have my baby by the end of next week!

Have had the smallest bit of a show since the sweep so fingers crossed it worked!

Lynnikins, I hope you start soon!

:dust: to all the mummies waiting!

x

I've got a sweep booked in 4 Friday...and am really dreading it. Don't kbnow wot to expect. Does mw just use a gloved finger? And is it REALLY painful? ARRRGGGHH I'm scared!!

normally a gloved finger or 2 , and it isnt always painful the mw today who checked my cervix had really small hands and she tried with 2 fingers to pull my cervix forward but couldnt really and it wasnt painful at all but the one last week was really sore so it depends on who you get and how good they are and how ready your cervix is with ds when they actually did a proper sweep when i was 2-3cm dilated then it wasnt painful jst a bit uncomfortable

i had a sweep today, and ouch i was almost climbing up the bed. had ome painfall cramps since then on and off, dont know if thats a sign of anything.

Midwife said im not eating enough food and that i am tiered as iron still low, need to work on these and get some help as am running round after a 1 year old.

Anyhow phone hubby, who wouldnt have the time off to come with me, to tell him what she said and that i have to take it easy as my body wont go into labour at this stage because it cant cope. well this was at 2 today

He has to much to do at work and wont come home, so again dinner and bed routine on own and tidying the house alone... great help that is. his answer to much to do and doesnt want to miss out on anything important. how about your wife and your child????

grrrrrrrrrr, no rest for me, so no labour likely until induced on monday

its probably being busy and stressed worrying about ds and running around after him which has kept my labour away and my body not preparing for it as well mummyra so i can understand where you are coming from even though my DH has been home 2 full days and 2 half days a week for most of the month it still doesnt give me much of a break caus on the days he back out at work then im cleaning up from having him home as he tends to let things slide when he is here,

MORNING ladies!!!!! anyone sneaked off into labour overnight?? i sure havent but had an amazing night sleep and only woke up once (didnt even go to loo) acheivement!!!! :D

so how r u allll???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"