march lambs overdue thread

boonies86, birth balls are great fun, get it blown up you will need to do it in 2 stages to get it full enough as you have to allow it to streach a bit but it needs to be full enough that when you sit on it your hips are higher than your knees , then you use it like a space hopper lol i tend to sit on mine and rock back and forth and side to side and rotate in circles as well as bouncing lightly, also they are great to lean on when kneeling on a pillow on the floor in early labour

lol pregnant brain! i meant mummymia!!

why are you not allowed until then? my midwife offered me yest on my due date!! unable gto do it but she still tried bless her!

I wasnt sure if you meant me or not lol! I have no idea, apparently its policy with second babies here to wait until 41 weeks and cos I am 41 weeks on Easter Sunday and they are chocka, I have to wait til the Tuesday :growlmad:

having your pelvis open does help but you need to make sure your hips are above your knees

lol pregnant brain! i meant mummymia!!

why are you not allowed until then? my midwife offered me yest on my due date!! unable gto do it but she still tried bless her!

hehe :haha: yeah she said my cervix was still pretty back but was very soft and she managed to reach it.....she didnt say how dilated I was and Im still 2/5ths engaged so wey hey hoping for sumthing x x x x

Dee - it's our PCT policy not to offer sweeps until after 41 weeks for all normal pregnancies. Seeing as I'm 41 weeks on Easter Sunday too - I'll probably have to wait until normal MW appointment for a sweep - which would be 7th April. And I think induction wouldn't happen until 42 weeks (which again is a Sunday) so the earliest they'll get me in will be Monday 12th April - which means LO could possibly not be born until 15th April or something ridiculous like that! It's an age away!

Dee - it's our PCT policy not to offer sweeps until after 41 weeks for all normal pregnancies. Seeing as I'm 41 weeks on Easter Sunday too - I'll probably have to wait until normal MW appointment for a sweep - which would be 7th April. And I think induction wouldn't happen until 42 weeks (which again is a Sunday) so the earliest they'll get me in will be Monday 12th April - which means LO could possibly not be born until 15th April or something ridiculous like that! It's an age away!

I know, it seems insane it could be that far away. I am due to be at a christening on the 18th (I am godmother!!!!) so am praying like hell he turns up before I have to be induced! surely they wouldnt wait until the 12th april - we'd be bloody 15 days over when they STARTED the induction!

I'll be seeing my consultant on the 7th if I havent had him by then anyway so will make a right hoohaa about induction then!

boonies86, birth balls are great fun, get it blown up you will need to do it in 2 stages to get it full enough as you have to allow it to streach a bit but it needs to be full enough that when you sit on it your hips are higher than your knees , then you use it like a space hopper lol i tend to sit on mine and rock back and forth and side to side and rotate in circles as well as bouncing lightly, also they are great to lean on when kneeling on a pillow on the floor in early labour

thanks for great advice :D my sister brought it round blown up so i will get hubby to put some more air in it!! i think my hips go lower than my knees!!

was playing on mario on the wii while sat on the ball earlier haha!!!!! :D

i wonder if my hospital have them or if i need to take it with me when i go into labour?!? hmmm

your hospital should but might not have them, i know mine has them on the delivery suite as well as on the MW suite so im in luck with getting one as they keep them in each room , not so much in luck with having the birthing pool if labour doesnt start by itself in the next 5 days

Just got back from my Dr's appointment. To my surprise not only did they talk to me about an induction date they actually set one! If lo hasn't arrived by Sunday at 7pm they're going to induce. Excited :dance: & terrified at the same time.

I'll be 41+1 at the time. I'm wondering if they set it because I've lost 5 lbs in the past two weeks because I don't have the room to eat & they're worried about lo getting the nutrients she needs?

They want me to go back in on Thurs for a whole bunch of tests to check the amniotic fluid level, her growth, her movement & the standard checkup. Not sure if this is routine before an induction or if its because of the weight loss? When I asked them about the weight loss they said its not unheard of at the tail end of pregnancy & that I shouldn't worry about it, but I'm still wondering if that's why they set the induction date so early?

overdue by a week, having a sweep tomorrow so fingers crossed. otherwise booked in for inducement on monday

thanks for this thread was starting to feel alone

I agree with mummyra this thread has been so helpful in keeping my sanity & not feeling so down since going past my due date. Thanks again boonies86!

nearly 10days over now, and not any more signs, just had a bath with about 1/4 of a small bottle of clary sage in it tyring to relax and unwind n just let my body start but my SI pain is back and i need to get dh to massage i and not having any BBH that i can tell so im really really really hoping this is going to be a labour that just starts and goes with proper contractions suddenly rather than a slow build from BH to contractions

Lots of labour dust :dust: for you hun. My friend was overdue and her waters broke when she got out of the bath so you never know - things can just happen x

I hope so for you too lyn you've had a really rough go of it. Sending lots of good thoughts :hugs: & labor dust your way. :dust:

I'll throw some in too you never know, third time lucky!
:dust: :dust: :dust:

double post: what the hell, 4th time lucky!
:dust: :dust: :dust:

Two days until my due date and I'm already massively fed up. First baby so hoping MW will give me a sweep tomorrow. Hugs to all you overdue lambs! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->