MARCH-MALLOWS 2020

Happy baby month ladies <3 can’t believe it’s finally here! I’m currently bouncing on my ball have had quite a few period pains and contractions on and off since yesterday but not increasing in strength yet. Hoping she won’t make me wait too long but knowing me il be still sitting bouncing next week. Having tons of pressure today x

Well my backache has mostly gone :( so wasnt start of anything i dnt think.... just had a hot bath with the radox muscle soak bubble bath as ive heard tht sometimes helps bring on labour or something ... gonna have some hot and spicy chicken with chips for dinner hahaa.

aww gemma hopefully this is start of it all for you! sooo jealous though hahaa im just dying to get going now. Although me and my partner are now loaded with the cold (definately not coronavirus! Before anyone says lol)

Hi there! Well, I'm 38 weeks (39 if we go by my original due date, 39 on Thursday by the revised one).

I'm feeling a bit of pressure because I kept saying baby will definitely come in week 39 (like my two boys) and everyone has taken it as gospel... My mum is off this week from work just in case an everything! I don't feel anything will happen any time soon, but I hope it did!!!

We had a bit of a scare last week at the hospital. They offered me a sweep but then did a mini scan and baby's tummy was way behind in growth. So they asked me to make plans to have the boys looked after as I might have to stay for either csection or induction pending further testing. They did a big scan very quickly to check blood flow from umbilical cord and placenta and everything was fine, also baby although small still had grown fron the previous month so they let me go home. Now I'm just raging I didn't get my sweep!!! I won't be back until next week now unless baby is born before then....

Other than that we got our pram (never heard of the superstition) we actually asked for it to be put together at the shop so we didn't have to deal with the boxes. We went for the babyzen yoyo+ in the end, I couldn't face taking out the bugaboo chameleon in and out of the car every time.

Also, today I made some padsicles for the postpartum recovery. I've had tears with both boys so I'm hoping they will help.

We still don't know the sex but based on the scan from last week I think it looks like a boy. Definitely looks like their brothers anyway....

So here is baby

And my padsicles hahaha. I shall report back on its effectiveness when the time comes hahaha.

Happy baby month ladies <3 can’t believe it’s finally here! I’m currently bouncing on my ball have had quite a few period pains and contractions on and off since yesterday but not increasing in strength yet. Hoping she won’t make me wait too long but knowing me il be still sitting bouncing next week. Having tons of pressure today x
EEeek that's brilliant that you're having contractions. Hope its the real deal for you!!! How are ya feeling this morning?

MollyMallone you've been busy! Good thinking on preparing for recovery though. I hope it easier then with your boys. That is the cutest scan picture. Those cheeks are something else! Hope it all kicks off for you soon. We had the same with the baby's measurements. Kept saying his stomach was on the small side. Turns out the consultant charted it wrong on one of the scans. Baby is small anyway and the growth scan showed that he is growing on average from his 20 week scan so all is good now.

Completely jealous that some of you are at the end now lol. I'm 36+3 today so it feels like it's dragging in. I did have cramps yesterday and some lower back pain so I'm hoping my body is getting ready but also don't want the baby to come too early because he is already on the smaller side so don't mind him cooking for a few days past his due date either!

Still sitting here #-o stayed 10 minutes apart until about 1am then fizzled out!! I’m just hoping it’s doing something in there lol I’m going to have a sleep this morning and then get up and start moving and try and get them going again.....

Ah I’ve done the padsicles too, sitting in the freezer for when ever this little lady comes out.

Oh Gemma It Will probably start soon! My colleague has been admitted to the labour ward twice already in the past few weeks (that I know of) and then discharged because things stopped. At least you didn't get to that point. Rest as much as possible!!

I keep getting stomach cramps every so often, but I think it's digestive issues not labour related and continue with Braxton Hicks. I've had them most of the pregnancy anyway so nothing to indicate impending labour . I am a bit afraid of having this baby this time around though... Don't know why!

Wheres best to buy stuff to make these pads?? I might make some just incasee

I bought the aloe gel in Holland and barrett. The witch hazel on Amazon (to lazy to leave the house that week haha) but boots has its own brand too.

My colleague from work had her baby this morning, one day overdue. I'm nervous now!! She was a week ish ahead of me.

Lots of labour dust to everybody that's due right away! It's gone by so quickly.

I've probably got awhile left still... 36 weeks tomorrow. But I'm starting to feel very unprepared. We're just now starting to paint her room (though she'll be in a bassinet in our room for the first few months). Still haven't packed a birth center bag and I need to pickup some nursing pads and nipple cream. I've also been wanting to prepare some easy meals to freeze that my husband can just defrost and throw in the oven/slow cooker for the first couple weeks she's here, which I haven't gotten around to yet. :|

I bought the aloe gel in Holland and barrett. The witch hazel on Amazon (to lazy to leave the house that week haha) but boots has its own brand too.

My colleague from work had her baby this morning, one day overdue. I'm nervous now!! She was a week ish ahead of me.

i might pop out tomorrow, get my daily long walk in hahaa im just worried il buy the wrong thing hahaa

well baby has been giving me quite alot of fanny daggers last hour or so so hopefully thats her droppin even lower ready to pop lol

I just came back to moan. I'm not sure what baby did this afternoon but it felt like he was trying to dig his way out my vagina by digging knives or nails through my cervix. It was so painful that I screamed and had to hold my crotch (luckily at home and no visitor). My husband got such a fright and wanted to bring me to hospital.

That was at around 5pm, it's nearly 8 and I'm still so sore and tender... If I could I would take a neurofen plus and try to sleep it off. Was it a nerve being hit??? No contractions or anything yet.

I just came back to moan. I'm not sure what baby did this afternoon but it felt like he was trying to dig his way out my vagina by digging knives or nails through my cervix. It was so painful that I screamed and had to hold my crotch (luckily at home and no visitor). My husband got such a fright and wanted to bring me to hospital.

That was at around 5pm, it's nearly 8 and I'm still so sore and tender... If I could I would take a neurofen plus and try to sleep it off. Was it a nerve being hit??? No contractions or anything yet.

think your having what most people call ‘fanny daggers’ or ‘lightenin crotch’ its just baby pushing down/moving on ur cervix as far as im led to believe i get these everyday multiple times sometimes its not too bad sometimes im doubled over and lose my breath for a few seconds. Its ment to be a good sign that baby is moving down ready for birth :) but can still be weeks away from labour unfortunately.... if its a constant pain though that lasts more than id say a minute or so id maybe just give triage a call but if its just a sharp few second pain i deffo think its fanny daggers :)

Yes lightening it’s absolutely horrible! Baby is just getting low and pressing on your cervix but it is not nice whatsoever. I had it last week and for the first time in about 5 weeks I found my stomach muscles and jumped straight out of bed lol x

Last edited:
Yes lightening it’s absolutely horrible! Baby is just getting low and pressing on your cervix but it is not nice whatsoever. I had it last week and for the first time in about 5 weeks I found my stomach muscles and jumped straight out of bed lol x

i didnt have it with my first so i was shocked when i first experienced it lol im gettin it more and more everyday so im takin tht as a good sign.

you had anymore signs?? Ive started gettin abit of period pain this morning but ive been busy tidyin ive no had a chance to time them etc... but i dno if its period pain or gas pmsl! I was doing alot of number 2s yesterday (sorry for the TMI) so i dno if its just from that maybe.... we did have sex last night as im sooo desperate to get this baby out lol

Does lightening last that long? I've had like electric bolts that lasted a few seconds and stopped me on my tracks. This was longer and it literally felt like by cervix was being digged up with nails and knifes. At one point I thought my water might go during the whole ordeal.

I hope it doesn't happen again. I was so so tender all night down there everytime baby moved.... Better today but still not back to normal. A bit more sore than usual

Does lightening last that long? I've had like electric bolts that lasted a few seconds and stopped me on my tracks. This was longer and it literally felt like by cervix was being digged up with nails and knifes. At one point I thought my water might go during the whole ordeal.

I hope it doesn't happen again. I was so so tender all night down there everytime baby moved.... Better today but still not back to normal. A bit more sore than usual

if your worried you could always phone triage :) but i think it is most likely fanny daggers

I'm not worried about anything being wrong, just of it happening again hahaha.

i didnt have it with my first so i was shocked when i first experienced it lol im gettin it more and more everyday so im takin tht as a good sign.

you had anymore signs?? Ive started gettin abit of period pain this morning but ive been busy tidyin ive no had a chance to time them etc... but i dno if its period pain or gas pmsl! I was doing alot of number 2s yesterday (sorry for the TMI) so i dno if its just from that maybe.... we did have sex last night as im sooo desperate to get this baby out lol

Goodluck! I know with my boys I always got a sore stomach and my body kind of cleared itself out before labour started. Could possibly be something.

Molly- Does just sound like really bad lightning crotch. Baby could have hit a nerve the wrong way which makes them worse. But it is a good sign that baby is moving low and into position.

Goodluck! I know with my boys I always got a sore stomach and my body kind of cleared itself out before labour started. Could possibly be something.

Molly- Does just sound like really bad lightning crotch. Baby could have hit a nerve the wrong way which makes them worse. But it is a good sign that baby is moving low and into position.
Had nothing since :( soooo frustrating! Even tho ive gt my wee boy his labour started in my back so any pain in my front is all new to me so im like jumpin at every little pain but think im jst gettin my hopes up

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->