March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Aw cute posts on here lads!!!! Totally get what you mean about personality too... I think Noah is cheeky, impatient, coy and chattery. He has the kindest eyes when he smiles. Less so when he's hungry when he has his furious shark eyes on!!!!
I've had roast ham hock, mash and creamed leeks followed by sticky toffee pudding. Dead low fat. Not. Oh well going to start the shred for real tomorrow. 20mins. How hard can it be????! Ha!

Oh and FT you have the best baby ever... Effectively you could lie in til 10am every day after one wake up at 5am??? Wowsers. X

I'm the same, I can't believe I have "Children" !! I remember being blown away the first time I said "my son" and thought. Omg, I'm actually a Mummy! Its not any easier to absorb the second time either!

Oh and the personality thing, totally! Roh and F are really different. Roh was always (and still is) really curious and fascinated with things, and was very active and energetic, with a lot of enthusiasm, but very thoughtful and empathetic with it. F is sweet and smiley and just wants to chat away all the time. She is only really interested in faces and chatting rather than toys. She already has a longer attention span, and is calmer, way more chilled out, and more pensive than Roh ever was. She definitely kicks off more easily though! :haha: So yeah, personality definitely shows this early on!

Having a glass of wine!! :wine:

Yes to personality definitely! I was saying to my mum this week I know I'll be getting calls from the nursery everyday to say hes bumped his head or tripped up. He's going to be into everything and a typical rough and tumble boy! Even now he doesn't seem fussed if I accidentally bump him against something and he's always on the go. He's desperate to crawl but hasn't got the muscles!

Putting him in his own room tonight, eek! That's if I ever get him down, he seems to have discovered cluster feeding at last. Apart from
A short break fur a bath I've pretty much fed him for 3.5 hours!

Missy - hooray for a bathroom! Hope you can have a long soak, is your DH still away?

Oh, and I want to try and "out" a final stalker of this thread... Blessing2... We don't bite!

Good luck tonight Lozza... Has Z got a double bed in his room???!
Oddly N has also been cluster feeding (I think) since Monday... Just feeds and feeds with 30min breaks from 4-7 and it's helped him drop a night feed so fingers crossed it works for you too!!
Lozza I met an 8mo little boy at a baby group the other day and he really reminded me of Z in looks and personality (and sleeping habits!!!) he crawled at 6months and was into everything!!!

Yeah, two more weeks of OH being away :( he's missing T so much I think.

Bath might be a good idea... i'm swimming tomorrow, with T. Need to shave the old leggies!

I'm sort of jealous hearing about the cluster feeding, F is hardly feeding at all at the moment it feels like. She rarely feeds for more than 5 mins, and I'd say that we have maybe 4-5 decent feeds a day (5 mins ones) and then a couple where she just fusses about and I hear her gulp a couple of times. :( its frustrating, and I'd worry less if her weight gain hadn't slowed so much. The HV seemed to think she was fine, and she's really happy most the time, except if she's tired, so I guess its ok. :shrug: plus I gave her a 4oz bottle yesterday evening then fed her for a couple of minutes. Then once she was asleep I expressed and got 5oz in 5 mins. Maybe she just feeds really fast? :shrug:

Probably I'm just having normal Mum insecurties and she's having a non- growth spurt week. :wacko:

emera - really hope the feeding gets better :hugs:

waula - yep G is good at sleeping / napping LOL

missy - all the time. i still cry happy tears sometimes x

right lads we bought this jumeproo, as i thought it looks real good for the price! https://www.johnlewis.com/231468943/Product.aspx?SearchTerm=RecentlyViewedList

Also got a Olympic 50p coin for him to keep :blush:

and DH is going to get him this for Christmas.... hahaha.... will be a while before he can ride it :haha: but its lovely
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ROCKING-MO...sr_1_38?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1343920921&sr=1-38

will catch up tomo properly lads.... night all xxxx

Emera! That is exactly what T is doing! I have taken to timing his feeds with an app on my phone and he's gone from about 2 hours feeding a day over about 8 feeds to 30-60 mins a day over the same amount of feeds. Today he's had 47 minutes bt that was with one 20 minute one where he was basically asleep and i don't think he was swallowing.

His normal feeding time is about 3 minutes...

FT, that's the jumperoo we got, from amazon. It's ace. LOVE that motorbike!

Ha...N had obviously read my earlier post as I'm up feeding him again after feeding for half an hour at 7.30!!!!!! Really should have learned not to say anything on here!!
That motorbike is amazing!
Emera :hugs: not like you to be insecure about feeding :hugs: she's happy and healthy (look at her on that fb picture!!) and obviously getting enough...5oz is a lot of milk to express...maybe she's honed her feeding skills to uber-suction??!
Missy cool app...how is T's tongue tie holding up?? enjoy swimming...tell T he's got to swim like phelps!!

Oh and anyone with a wide (!!) baby (yes Noah is enormously wide!) the sainsburys dry fit nappies are immense and cheap (£5 for 60). His side bottom was hanging out of the pampers ones! X

God, oh is obsessed with t being an Olympic level athlete... Currently either swimming or table tennis... Oh lost 8 stone swimming so is slightly in love with it...

tongue tie isn't too much of an issue at the moment. He is a noisy eater but seems ok... And as you can see on fb he loves poking it out now

Ok.... I guess I'm finally 'outed' then!.... (thanks to Lozza :haha: )

This is my first ever post on here or anywhere online! ....I've never been part of a forum before so I guess I've been a bit scared to post....

Right, here goes....

My name is J.e.n and I I live in Hertfordshire UK with my lovely hubby. We have a beautiful daughter called E.l.i.s.a who' s 8. After a huge 8 year gap and a miscarriage inbetween we found out we were expecting and I guess, after the miscarriage I had I never thought that we were actually gonna have our baby. We were blessed with another gorgeous blessing (Hence my name!) ...A.n.t.o.n.i.o was born on the 13th March via an elective c sec.

I've been stalking you guys since our first trimester :haha: but I never thought I would actually have my 'for keeps' baby. As the weeks past it never felt 'real' to me and I guess I was in denial for most of my pregnancy, I even worked until 2 days before he was due!

You guys are just brill! ...You have all unknowingly helped me through the best and toughest parts of pregnancy,the early days and now too.
My hubby knows all about 'that baby website' and even my daughter moans every time I take the laptop out ' oh not that baby website again!'....

Now that I'm out of the closet I'll look forward to joining in on the fun!
Just wanna say thanks to you all as you have helped me through the most amazing time of my life -having kids is a blessing I'll never take for granted and though being a mum is hard work, its the bestest thing ever..... Thanx for outing me Lozza :flower:

...oh gosh ... just incase your wondering ... I'm not preggers again! Gonna have to figure out how all this works!

Yay!!! :hi: blessing!!! Lovely to have you on board!!! Xxx

Think Lozza has some kind of 'outing stick'!
Welcome Blessing....... until you get renamed :haha:

Blessing you gorgeous secret March mamma! You brought a little tear to my eye. How lovely.

I still find it weird that there are mammas we don't know.

Welcome!

(my oh is bored of you lot too, though since I met some of you I just refer to you as my friends)

Oh...and just so you guys know ... A loves his jumperoo too!...I bought it for £40 as I used up my tesco vouchers -they have it in tesco direct. I've heard you can also use your nectar points and buy through amazon. Just make sure you go t nectar website and then theres a link to amazon

:flower: ...thanx girls... you see... this proves how lovely you all are! (and missy I do have a tear in my eyes now :winkwink:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->