March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

:hugs: Lozza, hope you get some rest!

Blessing, welcome! How lovely to have our "listeners" out and joining in the fun. And we don't have to worry if you'll like us, the way we would if it were a new person to the thread, because we definitely would have scared you away by now if you weren't up to the challenge. :haha:

Welcome back, kaz! Great tips, thank you!

MsC, huge hugs about your dad. Glad it was "just" pneumonia, though that's plenty serious, especially in someone who's unwell. Glad E is being so cooperative and letting you spend plenty of quality time with your dad while he's on the mend.

Skadi, ooh, your story about the ghostie thing sounds creepy. I'd definitely call a priest... they shouldn't think you're crazy, all of that stuff is in their line of work!

WT, hurray for little P (it was P, right?) flipping over!

Glowie, I used to have carpal tunnel when I was an assistant and spent all day typing. I would ice my forearms, 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off, and that would help a lot.

Cuppie, you poor thing! Worrying that they're not getting enough food is scary. But mixing bm/f sounds like a great plan. It may not be that he doesn't like the flavor but just that it's foreign to him. So if you ease into it he'll probably have no problem! Good luck. :hugs:

I hear you all on Christmas gifts. My mom is a horrible overbuyer. One year she got my sister's kids so much stuff that they got bored and wanted to stop opening presents. :dohh: I've told her ONE niceish gift... but even that is a problem, because she wants to give G "special" stuff that she'll cherish forever, and I'm like... if you get her one heirloom for her birthday and one for Christmas every year, by the time she's 18 she'll have 36 treasured items from Grandma!

My mom saves greeting cards and that kind of stuff and it's hard to get her to understand why we don't. She got sad when I told her I recycled the cards she sends unless she writes something meaningful, and then I'm like, "If you want me to keep them, write a letter or something!" But she never does. So we're at an impasse.

I call you all "my March Mamas" to DH. He's tolerant. :haha:

lol city about pissing on the nurse. That reminds me of OH intently watching me pee during labour. Dur. lol

Thanks for the kind words. What I had truly thought had been a positive turn for my dad became less so. They found the Epstein-Barr virus in the Hickman line removed last week. To treat this he effectively has chemotherapy again. It's a drug which, as we understand it, could be very "difficult". It throws everything into shadow again and tomorrow is a real uncertainty.

E has been great but managing her at the hospital has been very hard. Understandably for her and the patients safety she can't go onto the ward. Not that this stopped some people taking a newborn onto Critical Care.....talk about irresponsible. Anyway, so we've been swapping out so someone is always with her. It's meant days in a pushchair for longer than I'd like thou I have her ins blanket on the floor too. She has nappy rash which has been impossible to sort because of having a harness between her legs. The hour long journey each way is no help either.

In addition, her sleep is all over the place and back to waking at least 2-3 times between midnight and 7am. Not surprising as some days has meant getting back at 10pm. Bt then I don't get to bed until much later either. Last night it was earlier and she was in bed for 9.15pm but she woke up at 12.15 and again at 3.30. I can't get her back to sleep. I'm losing it, exhausted and alone without MrC so I've come to have a cup of tea and left her shouting. Twenty minutes later she is still shouting but feeding her isnt working. I don't think I can take anymore. Of any of this.

Sorry of all the me posts. I don't know what else to do.

Glow I'm bummed you have to go back go be checked again, all this and the numbness isn't much fun.

Cupcake, I really hope trying a mix of ebm and ff will do the trick, I can imagine how stressful this is. When a friend was unable to get E to drink ebm I would come back from a meeting and just feel total guilt. However, I'm sure you'll work this out. I second the advice on eating your OH to feed him, R being able to smell you means he has no motivation to try the bottle.

Oh, MsC, what a tough time. :hugs:

I'm so sorry for you. No doubt E is a tough little lady and she'll come out of it all completely fine. But poor you! And that is just awful about your dad. :(

It's a long shot, but G almost always relaxes if I turn on music and slow dance with her.

A million positive thoughts for you. You've had the most crazy year!

MsC - I am so sorry you're going through such an awful time. Although I can't imagine what you're going through, please know that you're not alone. You're dead right to take half an hour and have a cup of tea. I always say, these babies will never remember these awful nights but we never forget them!
I don't have a magic bullet, but like CityMouse's little one, our Z relaxes with some classical music or when I sing to her.
I really really hope things look up for you soon.
Take care xx

pissy mouse (who will join.in very soon) REALLY help:haha:.
Hey, the ONE thing I have never been is pissy! You're thinking of Missy. Although I did pee on the nurse while pushing. And I said, "That probably happens all the time, right?"

Oooops sorry RASHY!!! Baby brain still striking

Catch up with you all later...just a quick stop...

Mscrow...big hugs though and kaz...thanks for flying.tips x

MsC - :hugs: and thoughts with you again.

Kaz is right, they do seem to forget the crying. After our bizarre 30 minute screaming fit in the middle of the night Z is happy as larry this morning. It's like it never happened. It must be very unsettling for E but she and you will get through it together xx

MsC, I'm so sorry that things are so difficult. I really hope that you and your family have some light soon. Remember that it's really important for you to look after yourself and E will not remember if you don't go to her immediately. Twenty minutes on your own with a cup of tea can work wonders although I appreciate it is small help at the moment. Remember too that none of us mind you using us to sound off. Even though we can't directly help, we can listen.

Xxx

Thank you for listening.....and assuaging my guilt in the middle of the night! Tea was a good choice but you saying so is helpful. The night before I felt awful as I winded her too hard and she looked at me in distress and just burst into tears. I just feel like a crap mother at the moment, mostly she's my sanity, to focus on and bury my face into her neck but there are times when I feel like I fail her like then. An hour and a half later she finally konked out after I went back in, told her to go to sleep (the pointless remonstrating with a baby) and put her soother in. She woke back up 3.5 hours later so I fed her and left her to it and I think she's asleep again. I know she hasn't had enough and needs to rest.

Mum's gone over to the hospital to see how dad is, fearful of calling in case they don't allow access (haematology is often a closed ward during treatment) and will call with an update. I hope things are ok, that I can go over with E later with one of my brothers. I miss my dad, I wish we could just steal him away and it would be ok. I feel heartbroken, I can't even take away the nightmares that flash into his mind. Memories of what's happened.

Changing the subject, I'm wearing some Lilypadz, silicone nursing pads.....and no bra! Why have I not had these before in my life?

Huge massive :hugs: and healing thoughts to all your family MsC - glad E is giving you some solace in a very shitty time. Xx

She is Waula, I can't forget she's been a star with coping with the journeys, hanging about and making us feel a bit brighter.

[video removed]

I showed it to dad yesterday and it was his one smile aside from seeing us. On coming round a few days ago and seeing me he mouthed "baby" through the mask. E's his joy.

Oh mscrow...you have me in tears...your dad must be sooo proud of both you and E and is probably so grateful that you are there for him. Glad E is bring a source of comfort and being an angel...she wont remember these tough times rest assured. I cant believe how strong.you.are being and please dont ever feel bad about coming.on here to.vent and be me me me....totally.understandable. We are here for you...certainly put my.occasional vents in perspective. Love to.you all:kiss:

Msc I'm so sorry about your papa. E really is gorgeous. I'm in tears for you. X xxxx

tell me about lillypadz... What are they like? I'm scared they might give me thrush or something...

We did our world record attempt this morning. Fun its at 10.30 local time all over the world! Are any of the us girls doing it? It was super fun!

Awww E is such a sweetheart! I am sorry about your dad, I really hope he pulls through everything and that you have the strength to get through it. <3

MsCrow - I am so so sorry for your pain lovely lady xx I understand the absolute heart-renching sorrow of seeing your parent lying in critical care and feeling just helpless. You aand E just being there will be of great joy to your father. I'm glad that E is being such a star. If you ever need to speak to someone removed from your friends and family who has been through this journey and come through the other side please let me know and I'm here. I am sending hugely positive vibes for you and your family. Your dad sounds amazingly strong man and a real battler. Take good care of yourself as well as E xxx

Hope everyone else is good?

Mitch - hope the photoshoot went well? Can't wait to see the pics!!!!

AFM well dad viewed the house today with Oh and he loved it!!! Argh. Think we're gonna put an offer in for it!! Gulp. It's on for £400k - what's a good offer in thiis climate do you reckon?

Will have a read back now...

Lots love xxxx

Nic, exciting stuff on the house!

MsC, so glad i managed to see that vid on my laptop before you took it down, E is adorable, i can understand why she's your light at the moment. :) Knowing what babies are like i can also understand why sometimes she's too much aswell! :hugs: You aren't a bad mother in any way, just a strong mama who has a lot to shoulder right now. :hugs:

Missy when do you know if you got the record? :)

Sheesh, i'm really disproportionately knackered today! The kids have been a real handful, although adorable, and i've had alot to do around the house. I've had way to much sugar and not enough real food today and now i feel awful! :(
At least my Mum is coming over tomorrow, not that that will be relaxing at all, but i always love seeing her, so yay! Plus Roh is just old enough that he gets all excited when he sees her now :)

Got thunder here, maybe thats adding to my feeling dodgy, weird air pressure maybe?

Going to make a nice smoked haddock and clam chowder for lunch tomorrow i think!

Nic - exciting about the house! I don't know what would be a sensible offer, 10% off so £360k? Guess it depends how long it's been on for, how desperate they are to move, how strong your position and how much you want the house! Good luck! Cupcakes the mist recent seller so probably has better advice.

Got some exercise today... 4 mile round trip fast walking to Majestic wine to stock up! Feels like the first time we've had more than one bottle in the house since before I was pregnant. Lovely. Now if only Z would sleep so I could get downstairs to have dinner and drink some!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->