March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

I've been trying to get the baby to sleep for 45 minutes... He just drops off in my arms and oh comes in asking about when the internet is changing over to the new provider... Wide awake boy now....

Oh....and we go see photos on 21st August...should get them a week or so after that

Shred starts tomorrow!!! Today is all about Twirl Bites yummy

my dear hub has just made a delicious looking lamb hotpot thing with sliced potato on top but has told me it won't be ready until 9.30pm! not sure i can last that long!

another day at work tomorrow.. just taking the baby and not the dog this time

nic - have you made your offer yet or are you doing it tomorrow? good luck x

im calling the agents tomorrow but I won't get too excited because we fully expect it to be refused

Good luck with the offer Cupcake

Dominos pizza here....before starting to shred tomorrow:happydance:. Hotpot sounds amazing though...yum

Cupcake - id be in bed by then! Sounds nice though (or it would if I liked lamb!)

We're having Jamie Oliver sticky chicken thighs tonight, cooked by DH while I feed. He bought me up a glass of wine though which makes a nice change from the usual pint of water!

Sleep no better unfortunately. He doesn't seem to like his expensive mattress, or more likely being on his own. Last night he did about 10.30 to 1.30 then because I somehow thought it was light outside I brought him into our bed, woke just before 3 as I must have fallen asleep feeding, then coslept (or rather dozed) til 6.30. Cosleeping with feeding def doesn't work for us, he snacks and wakes every half an hour! I need to just sit and feed him properly.

I have a real struggle feeding in the day, he gets so distracted, or he's just not hungry, then he's making up for it at night! He either gets distracted or thrashes around shouting. I don't know if there's not the milk there? But he doesnt do it at night. He's also got a cold so that's not helping.

Yummy food all round lads!! We're having the not so glamourous but oh so yummy fish finger cobs with homemade chips and salad.
Lozza N very easily distracted when feeding but not enough to stop him feeding so he just slurps along, he's currently twiddling a button on my cardi and trying to get it in his mouth as well as boob. Idiot. Sorry nights are still crappy. I reckon just do what you have to do to both of you get as much rest as poss and worry about getting him into his cot another time... Enjoy your wine :) xx

Lozza, F's cold really buggered her feeding. Problem is at this age, they are so nosey and distractable that they only feed well when they are proper hungry, otherwise they just take enough to satisfy. And that's when they are healthy! Saying that though, they are also A LOT more efficient at feeding than a newborn, so often don't need to feed for as long as you think.
If you sit and feed Z at night, how many feeds is he having between 10pm and 6am? And how many feeds (of 5 mins or over) is he having per 24 hours?

Sympathies on the sleepfail, same trouble here! Ergh. :hugs:

F currently driving me mad, she's so tired but WON'T go to sleep! :dohh: Occassionally, just occassionally its understandable that they had to pass a law in Italy saying you couldn't put you babies head in an unlit oven to get them to sleep. :shock: :wacko:

Ha emera!!!! N is exactly the same, he goes down ok at night but during the day...no way...I end up feeding him into submission or taking him out in the pram. He used to be really easy in the day...but I'm not complaining as nights are currently much better...
When are you starting F on solids? X

T has been distracted at feeding and rubbish at going to sleep at the moment too.

Dinner = freezer splat... Pizza, pie, canapés, salad, garlic bread, smoked salmon, followed by home made tiramisu.

Missy you crack me up! :haha: I'm such a fan of pizza splat x

Waula, I'll start F off whenever she seems ready, been looking for signs etc, but currently nothing, she's not even remotely interested in our food yet, despite me eating borbon biscuits right now right in front of her!! :shock: So yeah, not going to wean yet. I imagine in about 3/4 weeks or so I'll start sticking random stuff on her highchair tray when we are eating, see if she goes for it. :shrug: then I'll start in ernest at the 6 month mark. Pretty sure she's getting enough milk as she's quite happy. I gave up trying to get her to bed, as she's cheered up, so she's just sat on my lap and we are watching x-men 3, which she seems to be finding a lot more entertaining than I am! :haha:

Mmmm, freezer splat. Nom nom.

freezer splat! love it.

my dinner is nearly ready (ive convinced hub to take it out at 9pm, im sure half an hour wont make any difference)

sympathies to those with non-sleeping babies

R also gets easily distracted so no more watching telly whilst feeding for me

enjoying the olympics!

Ahh, the Olympics! Good stuff. Roh has an Olympics (official!!) T-shirt, whch he has been insisting on wearing everytime its on the tv! Its "limpicts" though apparently. :haha: he also gets bored with the mucking about before they actually start the races, and just stands infront of the tv shouting "ready, steady, GOOOOO!" Over and over until they start. :haha:

Waula, you crack me up too! Calling N an idiot made me laugh hard.

I've tried to with a few things as he looks so jealous of our food but he's not been bothered at all. He had a couple of spoons of avocado today and I'm pretty sure he spat it all out.

:haha: freezer splat sounds gooood!

Cuppie - not put an offer in today but have registered our interest and asked the estate agents if the vendors will accept an offe - they're now offering all blinds, whiter goods etc and will accept an offer but apparently not too much lower. OH is calling tomorrow or tues am with our offer...gulp! Good luck with your offer - fingers crossed they accept!! xx

Lozza/ Emera and anyone else with sleep- allergic babies...hope tonight offers some rest and sleep for us all xxx

Just been to our friends for a bbq (mmmmmm!) Sausages, burgers, chicken and veg kebabs followed by homemade dark choc mousse and kiwi's I delish! Their kids are ace!!! Little girl nearly one and lad three in Oct. Too adorable and they love A! Back now and A in bed...hopefully for a while!!! Now setttling down for some Olympic action, ahhhh.

Got a wedding on Friday...how long does it take for the shred to work :rofl: :rofl:...hmmm perhaps I'll stick to the old control pants on this occasion!!! :haha:

Xxxx

Awaiting the mens 100metre final:happydance:...should be a cracker. Knackered and want to go to bed....got in at 2:30am this morning....hubby sorted M but was just dozing 7:15-9 ish then up. Pooped.

M still showing no signs of needing/wanting solids...i.have a feeling my pureeing of carrots and parsnips may have been a waste if she goes to 6 months :haha:. I am right in.thinking baby can have anything really after 6 months except honey? And obviously.watch salt and sugar content if they are.eating out food. Obviously not planning.to give M burger and fries at 6 months but.more solidy food is fine eh?

Glad she doesnt seem ready yet...but excited to start when she does. Not much success with sippy.cup...have taken to.giving.it to her to practice holding.etc etc rather than.put milk/water in it....

Hurry up Men's 100m final...I'm knackered and want me bed!!! :haha:

I want the 100m final over before Z wakes! He o ly went down 20mins ago so fingers crossed. We've discovered how to make our tv 3D so about to have bolt run into our lounge!

Emera - ill keep a note of the next 24 hrs (if I can remember!)

Mitch, yeah, not honey until 1 year and not whole nuts until like 5 years is recommended I think due to choking risk. Otherwise basically anything after 6 months, but still introduce stuff gradually. I think reccommended is veg, fruit, rice/ rice cereal first then all cereals and pulses, meat and dairy, then fish, nut pastes, and egg after. Basically leaving the more obvious allergens until later on, and introducing things one at a time and waiting a few days before introducing the next new food stuff, so that if they have any intolerances or bad reacrtions you know what it is right away.
Its still going to be a few weeks with purees I'd say, maybe with other things mixed in if they like it. Also, puree can be used later on as a simple sauce, for example, carrot and parsnip puree, add some chopped basil, shredded chicken and chopped up spaghetti and grated cheese and you've got a great meal for a 10 month old ;). Easy to make up just with leftovers from adult meals ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->