March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Mitch - what a bummer, not having much luck with photos :hugs:
Waula - yep one wake up sounds lovely! Z has def fed better today and is having a good feed now, hopefully es worried he won't be fed tonight again!

Loo - good luck with the room move, hope it goes better than ours!

Had a nice morning with antenatal lot, a couple are onto baby rice,one a week older thanZ and one 6 months whos on purées too. The week older one is also doing controlled crying (I think). She leaves him for 2, then 4, then 8 then 16 minutes then supposed to be 32 but said she did the 16 twice the first night. I can't think of anything worse! I think her first slept through from about 6 weeks and this ones different. Each to their own but sounds awful.

Oh, and loo I'm not shredding! I'm mainly eating cake :dohh:

He's mega cool. He directs musical theatre. Not famous but very talented and clever. The project about to start is macbeth...

Oh god. Worst vomcano ever! During a feed... In my mouth, in my slippers, dripping down my back...

Thanks ladies....kodak will not know whats hit them!!!

Missy..i am really local to Guildford so if you want to catch up and have lunch/coffee i am up for that. Tuesday i have baby sensory at 2pm so not great for us....Friday 17th is cool though x

Fingers crossed for your offer cupcake. Did nicnak make the offer too? Any news?

gross vomcano... in your mouth??

waula - he seems to feed fine now! he has obviously got the hang of it he probably had about 14oz during the day today! and obviously bf morn and evening. going ok at the mo but hoping he wants to feed soon as im feeling fulll but he prob won't wake until 11pm...aaaah!

Cuppie, sooo pleased for you that R has got the hang of things! :). Glad work went well, and fingers crossed for the house offer!

Missy, musical macbeth???? Oh also, in your mouth? Ick, ick, ick! :sick: poor you!

Lozza, ee, controlled crying! :( I tried that with Roh when he was about 10 months and it was a nightmare! Ended up doing cry it out and just leaving him, which was also horrible, but less heartbreaking as I just left him to cry, rather than going in all the time and soothing him only to abandon him again! :cry: It was a horrible night for me, but it was only the one night. The second night he cried for less than 5 mins, and the 3rd night 30 seconds. After that it was fine. He was a great sleeper once he was asleep, he's always slept through since about 3 months old, but it used to take like 2 hours to settle him down every evening, which is why we did it in the end. F is the total opposite. She settles down well most the time, but also generally sleeps for only about 3 hours at a time, max. They are all so different!!

Yes... Musical macbeth! I was skeptical too. But it's amazing. Actually brilliant, really scary and fab. The composer is so talented too.

Mmmm controlled crying...i couldnt do it. Never left M to cry....actually maybe once when i.could feel myself losing it during.those earlier weeks when we started to put her down around 7 ish. We are really lucky at night she is either flaked out on last bottle or more often awake and kicks her legs up a few times...finds her thumb and self settles. During the day if i catch it right its thesame....but sometimes if she is not quite ready or overtired she cries for a bit....usually.only 1-2 mins and not constant.....i know i have got it right when she cries...finds her thumb...and stops immediately and sighs aaaawwww:kiss:...she will break.off for another little whimper/cry but i know ha ha

Isnt it amazing how well we know these little people and their signs??!! I never thought i would have a clue. I.remember emera advising me to look for tired signals etc etc....and i was like 'what signals??!!':shrug:...she doesnt have any. Sooo wrong was i.

I do love how well i.know my little girl (until she shakes things up and changes:haha:)

Ooo exciting news! Just picked up some last minute tickets for the Olympics on Wednesday! Was already going to canoe sprint on Thursday but am now going to volleyball quarter finals at earls court too. Well excited!

Have to take A with me though and Im a bit worried about the noise but I think taking her is better than her not eating for two days as she won't take food from anyone (anything) other than my boob!

evening lads

Welcome back Loo! Fab you've had a great relaxing hols and D was a star - yay!! Good luck with the cot tonight! xx

Waula - go N on his cucumber and banana...they're slippy little devils at the best of times, let alone in tiny babies hands!! :haha: no wonder he gets mad! love it. xx

Lozza - hope that sttn fairy finds you hon. You must have a confusing address but when she finally gets it, she'll stay I'm sure :hugs: xx

Mitch - so sorry honey :hugs:

Missy - BOO on the OH being away again...YAY for him being a cool director type person!! :winkwink: xx

WT - yeah...defo come over here!!!! We need you mega-mummy!! :kiss: xx

Cuppie - :thumbup: for a good day at work and brill news on the feeds!!! :happydance: I'll keep my fingers crossed for the house for you, definitely sounds more promising than you first thought. As for us, hubby is putting an offer in tomorrow!!! Think we're going in quite high so they know we're interested but also say we won't go much higher. Scary/ exciting times ahead for us all :happydance: xx

Emera :hugs::hugs: OH are sometimes complete and utter cretins. End of. gets lots of hugs off your gorgeous babies xx

Laura - YAY!!!! Olympic tickets! :thumbup: xx

Vomcano hit us yesterday...after I'd just put on a clean pair of jeans (on both of us)...straight into my lap and then down my back...lovely...:dohh:

CC - nope , just could not do it. At least not at this age. You cannot spoil a baby at this age with too much love and cuddles :nope:

Bugger...cannot remember it all...

Ok, gotta log off - need to iron and sterilise bottles...oh the glamour it kills me. :haha:

night night lovelies xxxx

I found a couple of little videos of macbeth (this is the one from last year, this year will be a bit more scary mary)

https://vimeo.com/32566974

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1jvSTEpans

F is still awake! :dohh: no idea what's going on with her, but I'm flipping knackered! :cry:

Oh Emera :hug: go to sleep little F...the exciting world will still be here in the morning gorgeous xx

Cool missy!!! Very cool... X
Emera poor you :( is she happy awake or melting down?! How about a walk in the pram for your (naughty) OH??! X
Loo don't feel like you have to do Davina....I have failed to do the shred. Oops. Tomorrow...ha...
After a mammoth feed at 7 on both boobs...N managed an incredible 2hrs!!!! :dohh: there's no pattern to him at all...unconvinced this will be a one wake up night!!!!!! Lozza the fairy has left here...hope she's with you x

I too failed at the shred! I ache SOOOO much from ysterday too.

I'm getting really sick of having no clothes that fit. I'm pleased that i'm skinnier than i was but it's really depressing having no clothes and NO cash. :( I did a photoshoot for a magazine last year and got given some jeans from there which were lush and now they fall off me.

OH been asleep for hours :haha: he's nicer like that today. ;)
F is finally dozing off :dohh: She's been swinging between playful and relaxed to insane meltdown all evening :wacko: She's usually so good at settling, so this must be a phase :shrug: In desperation I've given her gripe water, teething powders and calpol! :rofl: I decided to save the oven thng for if I get really desperate. :lol: Argh, no, she was dozing off, but I just looked over and she's smiling at me and chewing her foot! :dohh:
She's lucky she's so damn gorgeous!

Hope you're all sleeping! For some reason i'm not!!!

I just signed up for this site... it's like groupon but for mamas.

Hi, all! Just catching up. Welcome back, Loo!

G had her 4 month shots today... So far she's still in good spirits.

Missy, tell us more about the magazine shoot!!

Mouse, hope G is still doing ok? D slept so well after her shots :haha:

Lozza, cake is always a better option to shred! Hope Z had a better night?

Nicnak, you're moving? Gah! STILL not had an offer on our welsh house (and only 4 viewings :cry:) hope you have some good luck with your offer. :hugs:

Cuppie, has R had trouble feeding? Glad to hear it seems to be sorted. What happening with you and the move? Did you hear owt from the letter? Found somewhere else?

Mitch, how did the angry letter writing go? :hugs:

As for us, D was a monkey yesterday and after initially catching up with a few hours sleep she then refused to nap throughout the rest of the day and just got exhausted. Anyway, Al had a nightmare putting her to bed as she will only settle for me (this is why we are persevering with Al doing it each night). However she screamed until she couldn't catch her breath anymore, so I ended up having to do it but she STILL wouldn't sleep. After two whole hours of rocking, shushing, bending over cots (and repeat) we eventually gave her a warm bottle with 3oz of water and 1 scoop of formula and she crashed out.

Al and I then spent our free time constructively by having a row (neither of us had slept the night before due to the flight and were exhausted too) and went to bed grumpy and 30 mins after D did :haha:

However.......she did sleep from 9.45 until 6.30!

Ok... Massive vomit at 7pm...then slept until 5.30am had a 2 minute feed.. Now has woken up again and won't feed... He must surely be starving?

his overnight nappy is practically dry too...

Oh and loo yay for getting your sleeping baby back!

My photo shoot was for Best magazine and was just looking at types of jeans... Was fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->