March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Ha ha. I was wondering if someone would pick up on that. Ha ha. I don't know what the sp word is...

Faggots are like meat balls kind of... They are yummy but also gross

whats the sp word?

fagg**ts is two things here - both a food; AND a naughty word! we like to be confusing. Personally i think faggots sound gross.... never had one though :haha:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_(food)

Loo - i actually bought my dress WITHOUT trying on it, as i had found it online, fell in love, saw price tag, fainted, saw a local shop selling their sample for 1/4 of the price - so bought it as a risk! and it was PERFECT. but then i knew i could sell it on easily if needed too. Enjoy the shopping - will be MAJOR fun :)

Oh is the sp word the word thats still used in america for people with a learning disability etc? If so then yer, working in that field i HATE that word. Only because it came to take on a really horrible meaning.

Love love love faggots (the food ones:haha:)....with chips (fries:winkwink:) and lashings of brown sauce.....HP only!!!! I want some now

Well after my little worried posting on fb group about leaving M with anyone....due to possible separation anxiety...have decided that to kill two birds with one stone i shall leave M with my SIL this Friday for a couple of hours...to include a nap and feed....i can have some me time in townand she can get used to SIL before next Friday:happydance:

Architect came this morning....plans should be ready to discuss and submit in the next couple of weeks...exciting.

Feeling a bit low today....cant even think about going back to work.....hate my company/job...want a new job but dont know where to start.....also down about my marketing course...have no motivation to do assignment, am not in work and its workbased so will prove a challenge...when i put M to bed last thing i want to do is get textbooks out, watch webinars, write assignent. I feel lazy and unmotivated and a little out of my depth with this course. I think the fact that although i do a practical marketing role in work...having no marketing/business degree is showing...i have to do soo much more reading and research. I did Biology. I want a change but with extension and therefore possible bigger mortgage/savings used up i am worried

Sorry for me me me post....feel better doing it on here than fb though...just hope some of you are still around on bnb:haha:

mitch, im low about work too today - so welcome to the pity party boat :winkwink: Im exactly the same.... dont know where to start. Do i give up my career and just get a job with good hours and local? do i try to get my job but local? full time? part time? Can i really put G into care full time? what about our mortgage? bills? GAH. its all tough... so im with you hunni :hugs: but ive got no answers or advice :nope:

Oh and thanks for mentioning chips.... now i want some. :haha:

I'm still burying my head in the sand over work! Really hoping I can do 4 days and with less travel to London but as I've never spoken to my new boss who knows.

Blah, trying not to think about work either. I just don't really want to work full stop, but i think i'll need a stopgap until we relocate. That means doing a fairly crappy job for a while. Ah well, got a bit of time to work it out i suppose.

Mitch, good plan with leaving M with SIL :thumbup:

Also re: career, i'd say just go with your heart. Career choices purely motivated by financial considerations aren't necessarily the best thing and might just leave you unhappy down the line. You should do whatever you'll find the most fulfilling, because money always works itself out in my experience. :hugs:

Mmmm faggots.... :munch:

Faggots are like meat balls kind of... They are yummy but also gross

This is not exactly a ringing endorsement. :haha:

The Sp word is the one that FT referenced. However, I need to clarify that we do NOOOOT use it to describe a person with a disability. Now that I know the association in the UK, I completely understand why it is offensive to you, and I won't use it. Promise! But here, it is used to mean klutzy and goofy. It is not associated with cerebral palsy or any other type of physical disability. I mention all this simply b/c I don't want FT to think I'm some sort of awful person for using that word to describe my sweet K -- who does happen to be very klutzy. :haha: bless him!

Okay... enough of me offending an entire continent. :wacko:

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. We had out-of-town guests visit us this weekend. They have a son who was born on March 16, so it was a blast to have all the babies together. Oh, and I ate like it was Christmas. MMmmmm.

Random aside: this weekend, I roasted my own coffee beans for the first time. Have any of you done that? It is super easy, and the coffee it produces is 100% better than anything you could get at Starbucks. Especially good with a giant piece of cinnamon coffee cake.

You roasted your own coffee beans?? That sounds impressive. Weirdly I never drink
Coffee at home but always have it on holiday and usually have cappocino when I'm out, probably because I object to paying for tea as it's so expensive considering it's just boiled water - and for the price of a cup you can get a box of 80 tea bags!!

I don't think I've ever had faggots, they sound gross.

Expressed 8oz last night when I got home and breastfed him for a while. It was so nice but meant we didn't get to bed til 1.30. I think my left side is a bit blocked still, it feels a bit tender.

Also, he went a bit weird today while changing his nappy... his arms looked like he was shivering and his toes curled up and he looked a bit stiff. It was really weird, he got upset too (which may have been because he was tired, but it was odd). Should I be worried?

Lozza- it was super easy. I just put a big handful of the green coffee beans in a pan on the stove. You have to stir them pretty much constantly so that they brown evenly. They plump up and turn a gorgeous color. It takes about 15 minutes on medium heat, so maybe you wouldn't want to do it every day, but it was a great treat for a Sunday morning. Grinding the beans releases the most glorious coffee aroma.

As for the odd behavior.... I wouldn't worry too much if it just happens once or twice. It's probably just a shudder from being cold and tired. Both of my boys do some crazy things, and every time I start to worry, I take a video of it thinking I'll show the video to my doctor. Of course, that instantly stops whatever odd behavior they're displaying. Works like magic. :thumbup:

i want to eat like its Christmas too WT! :cry: there is no food in the house though.... sooooo very depressing :cry:

also ive never even thought about roasting coffee beans.... sounds fun though. We have a coffee plant in the closest ''big town'' to us and everytime we go there i crave it :winkwink:

and no worries on the sp word, its one of those things that just takes on a diff meaning in diff places. :hugs:

My wedding dress was actually a bridemaid's dress that I ordered in white. I didn't want anything touching the ground since I was getting married outside at a duck pond. And I wanted a simple skirt so I could embroider purple vines into it. I also wanted straps. The dress cost $200 alterations (to put straps on, hem and fit the bodice cost another $70. MUCH less than any of the "wedding dresses" I tried and didn't like as much.

I love Christmas eating.
Job angst - hideous isn't it. :cry: hope we all find a compromise that works...
Wedding dresses... Mine was completely different to what I imagined I'd go for but I fell in love with it and it blew my budget out of the water so beware loo!! And it wouldn't fit past my knees now. I blame Noah but really it's baking. Speaking of which it's the great British bake off tomorrow!!! :dance:

Love the bake off! Bit lost now there's no Olympics on.

Me too :nope: felt quite 'lost' today! weird really as I've never really been that sporty myself but I've missed watching all the different sports etc today :shrug:

I love the bake off too so will try and remember to watch tomorrow :winkwink:

My wedding in 1994 cost £4500, I think my dress was in the sale and was £350 off the rack and they did a couple of tiny alterations for free. Don't think we could afford to get married at the moment :wacko:

Glow...i.got married first time round in 1994....would have been married 18 years last week...my anniversary. How old does that make me feel??!!:cry: Not sure how much it all cost then as my folks paid for it but know the dress was about £300....and a right merengue. I loved it..not so much now...well it was the early 90's!!!:haha:

Married this time in 2010...paid for the whole thing ourselves....70 guests...hotel ceremony and receptionincl booze etc....did some stuff myself like flowers and invites...dress £500....whole thing cost £6500 i reckon. Cant believe average cost of a wedding these days is £18-20k or something ridiculous. Sooo expensive but can be done on a budget

Glow...dare you to post a pic of you on wedding day on fb group?? ;-)

Gah. So tired. Woke up and glanced at my phone... 4am. "wow, I thought! I've had 5 whole hours of sleep" all pleased. Then while I'm feeding I start getting suspicious as I don't feel like I've been asleep that long. Finish feeding and it's actually 00.40. Boo!

Then we have another wake up. This time it actually is 4am... Feed, change, then a poonami! I've run out of nappies at my mums so he's in one of the sample cloth nappies I got today! Nervous! It's quite massive... Making his top a bit "off the shoulder".

He's just dropped off again... Night! X

Missy, I hate it when you read the clock wrong, I do it a lot! Although this morning I've just done it the right way, I fed him at 1.15, got him back in his cot at 2 and he's just woken at what I thought was 4.45 but its actually 5.45 when i got back into bed! He'd made his way to the opposite end of the cot, naughty boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->