March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Thanks lads. We have a plan for tonight. Al is going to put her down as normal (I'm bf her now and we have a 7oz bottle ready for after)we also are going to put our tee shirts in with her, then when she wakes up in the night Al is going to go in by himself and try for 15-20 mins to settle her. If no joy I am going to feed her then try again to settle her. If no joy I have defrosted 2oz of ebm and Al is going to try that and one final last attempt at settling. If no joy then she will come in with us.

That should limit our awake time to 1 hour ish whilst also giving her lots of chances to drop off. Wish is luck!!

Good luck. Sending Dolly vibes your way! (But also saving some Dolly vibes for myself :haha:)

Loo - Im so sorry you and D are having a hard time.

Firstly want to say you are amazing mum and have done amazing with BF - esp with Ds weight worry.

Im also not great at giving advice but wanted to say you are defo not alone. I know how fustrating and exhausting it feels but it will get better - i know its doesnt feel it at the minute.

D might just need a little more time to re adjust after her holidays.

You mentioned she likes muslins. E wont take a dummy but when she gets tired she gets comfort from her muslin - which i remove onces she is asleep

I truely hope you get some rest hun - hang in there

xxx

Good luck loo!

Oh had his interview today. He thought it went OK. They've asked him to go back tonight to do a workshop which I can only see as a great thing. It means he's driven down and back twice today and it's an hour away so he is going to be knackered.

I put ewan the dream sheep on the music setting by accident today. Omg it made me feel weird! Haven't done that since about week 1...I was instantly transported back.

Oh and is it naughty that I'm getting the cleaner to come on Fri so step mil thinks I'm tidy and oh thinks I've been really efficient?

Hahahhaa no Missy (nearly called you by your real name!!) it is cunning and clever and fabulous. I want a cleaner. And I agree...great news for interview/workshop thing! xx

Loo thinking of you tonight. Hope it goes well. Got fingers and toes and eyes crossed for you. I think an hour is the max you should be trying for. You all need sleep. I sometimes think it doesn't matter how sleep comes in the short term as long as it comes. There's always tomorrow. BF then a 7oz bottle??? Wowsers!!! I have no idea how much N takes but I can't believe my mini boobs can ever produce that volume. I sometimes look at peoples bottles and check my boobs alongside and become amazed. Good luck hun xxxx

Those of you with cot bumpers, how padded are they? I wasn't going to bother but when he's waking up he gets on all fours and rocks and is sometimes falling sideways smacking his head on the bars. I want breathable ideally but if they're too thin (although obv safer) I'd rather go for the less safe padded ones! He's a le to keep himself out of trouble, but did seem to just hurt his head!

Went down brilliantly easily at 6.40 tonight, I've been clock watching and 2hrs 15 seems about right. But he woke at 8.55, 10 minutes after i said I was going to bed in 15 minutes, gutted!!

Lozza we have a bumper on now as livy kept bumping her head right at the top of the bed as she moves like a worm on her back till she's right at the top. It's a padded one and it scares me a little but generally she sleeps at the bottom and I get her out when she's awake so isn't by the bumper for long.

Missy I'd live a cleaner so do it.

I really hope you have a better night loo!!!!

Loo...good luck...sounds like a great plan. Everything crossed for you x x

We have a cleaner but have just cancelled them...they were crap!!!! Could get another but they served a purpose from when i was about 5 months pregnant to now....we feel we can do it ourselves now we have a bit more of a routine..not so tired etc. Dofferent matter when i go back to work but at the moment its going to save us £90 a month:happydance:. I managed to blitz tthe kitchen...better than the cleaner in half the time...it can be done (though i would prefer not too:cry:)

Just had a slice of chocolate fudge cake slightly warmed with double.cream mmmmmm

Cup of tea in bed i think. Had a lovely bath tonight to ease my back....terrible troubles at moment. Have heat pads for tonight

Also...good lucky Mr Missy with the workshop / job x

I'd love a cleaner, but they'd never find the stuff they have to clean under all the mess. I need a tidier as well as a cleaner!

Yeah I need a tidier too. Annoying.

Mitch, don't taunt me with tea and cake. X

MsC, so sorry to hear about your dad, but good to hear from WT that it's manageable.

Sorry I'm not caught up, lads, so happy to see this thread moving! I agree, FB is great for the little tidbitty stuff but it's confusing to try to keep up and stay on top of it. I feel like I'm missing so much there.

Thanks to whoever was concerned about me. We're good. MIL's here, and unfortunately G doesn't seem to be able to stand her, so it's actually more work for me. She's doing such weird stuff, reading the baby's cues wrong (or not at all, actually)--like when she's crying she'll try to put her in the swing (??) and when she's relaxing she'll get up in her face and try to talk to her. :dohh: Even my little sister was like, "I don't know how [DH] and his sister survived!"

Add to that the fact that G's been in a nutty mood this week and it's been a lot of baby time.

Is it really only G who hit 4 months and suddenly started wanting to eat every 2 hours during the day? Now I have not only that lovely fact to deal with but also MIL commenting on it.

Thankfully FIL gets in town Friday and got them a suite at a hotel nearby so only two more nights. But I swear having her around has just made things worse!

Also I'm using my free moments to finish my Christmas placemats. Right on time. :rofl:

Oh, and I meant to say, big hugs to Loo & I hope everything goes well tonight. You're doing an amazing job.

Also hugs to Lozza and good thoughts! Hoping you get answers soon.

I Love this thread, you lads are so supportive and helpful.:flower: And I also agree that it is much easier to read and follow.

Loo, I hope tonight goes well for you:hugs:
I've been wondering about leaving E alone at night if she wakes up but isn't fussing. DH usually goes in and tries to get her back to sleep but usually with no luck.

City- sorry about MIL. Super annoying when grandparents make your day more difficult and don't help. Glad you only have a few more nights.

Mitch- that cake sounds amazing

Loo. I am hoping that you are fast asleep And have been all night....
Urgh city, that sounds so annoying. I'm pretty happy that all our family live within a few miles of us so can't come and stay (although not for much longer if OH gets this job).

X

Loo i hope you guys are having a good night.
Mrsc thinking about you and family and sending more virtual hgs

Its e night to be a im nit sleeping monsterm a combination of having not taken enough milk during the day and teething

Yawn

Lozza, did you try the newborn insert under the sheet to stop him wriggling? I hope the rest of your night went well.

City, could G be feeding more because she needs more comfort with mil being there? Glad the hotel is booked...not long left!

Cleaner? I could hire out Al...he's pretty good, and for an extra £5 he'd do it toppless!! :rofl:

Missy, that sheep harp setting makes me want to weep!

Well a much better night. Ish. D woke at midnight which she had never done before, but Al was able to settle her with the sheep and a dummy. Then she woke at 4.15 but was quiet for 30 mins before crying. Al tried to settle her, no joy so phase two, I fed her and success! She went down and is sleeping in her cot!!

Huzzah!!!!!!!

Shame I am wide awake though.....

Gah. Now up to 1hr50 of being awake (bar a 5 min power nap). Onto phase 3 (the bottle). Al can be so thick, he's just tried to give it her ice cold out of the fridge!!!!!! Yeh, like THAT'S going to make her all sleepy :dohh: tried my best to warm it quickly. Fx this works. If not she can come in with us.

Boo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->