March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Thanks for your kind words lads.

I'm SO going to use "shut up horse face" in real life. I might have a few trials with Al and see how he reacts to it first though!!!

Vitfa- So sorry. :( Both of the boys have done the same thing in the past where they would barely eat, and it would always freak me out. One day P had 19 ounces one day followed by 21 the next. However, it seemed to work it's way out after a few days. 20 ounces is not ideal, but it is definitely enough for her to be okay for a couple days if she's teething or fighting a bug of some sort. I know that's not much of a consolation. If you are worried, call your doctor. :hugs:

Loo- Definitely try it out. Delivery is key.

Vitfa - no real idea and as much as I hate to use that old favourite - teething??- maybe its that? Hope she starts taking more again soon for you.

Been out with a friends antenatal group today. All their babies are 6-7 months and so on solids. All are doing blw so it was fun to see it in action, sucking segments of orange, breadsticks, slices of melon, pineapple, mango. Ones been doing it 3 weeks and is sucking strips of steak dry, eating hummus on bread and having a prawn tonight! Looking forward to starting even more now!

Vitfa - no advice hun...but I'd echo the lads and if you're worried phone DR or NHS direct possibly? Hope she settles for you and gets some rest tonight. Are you fully FF now?

Lozza - I'm the same as you - can't wait to get started with BLW...seeing my friends little boy have lamb tagine with rice was amazing to watch! when are you going to start? Noah is 23 weeks in a few days time so I think we're going to carry on with a bit of fruit/veg to play with for the next week or so...but I only do it if I have some spare time at the minute so some days like today he hasn't had any...after 6months I think I'll have to be a bit more organised!he's still not sitting up on his own but his hand-eye co-ordination is getting better! Exciting stuff! good luck for another cracking night tonight! xx

Loo - I cannot believe how much weight you've lost hun. You're immense. I really reaally hope there's going to be an amazing shopping trip for you to kit you out in new stuff - especially for your cuba time!!!! Please don't worry about the switch to FF. You have done phenomenally well but enough is enough hun...feeding babies shouldn't be a stress every feed - and please don't beat yourself up about lack of closeness...if you're happier, she's happier and there will be much more time for cuddles...big :hugs: I know its a big change xxxx

Glowie - :ignore: your stories of flappy nipples...:ignore:

shut it horse face...is going to be my new saying. thanks WT!

I quite like shut it horse face too!

Meant to say loo that is an immense weight loss, a whole person! And I don't mean D!

Waula - I'm going to wait at least until he can sit up straight, hopefully I'll hold out until 6 months, 26 weeks is 5 weeks away so it's not too long. It also depends if I get a paed consult - I'd quite like them to ok his digestive system before I start given I feel like he's struggling to absorb milk! Going to buy a highchair this weekend and I've bought a cup and spoon so he can join me at lunchtime maybe and start to practice.

Tonight already doesn't seem to be going as well as last night. Bathed at half 6 and he's still not asleep!

Shut up horse face. Perfect! I love! I wonder if he knows he's now world famous for making up an amazing saying.

So today I trapped my hand in my stupid push chair, it's a dumb old Quinny and it's like pneumatic so it unfolds itself if you're not careful (crushed my hand today). I've been irritated with it for a while as it's so heavy and hard to get in and out of the car. i want something lighter (maybe an out n about nipper, whcih OH wanted all along). What can I do? I told OH and he said ok, lets get rid and get something else.

Am really looking forward to blw too! I want to wait until 6 months, but might give her some fruit and stuff to play with on holiday. She won't hold it yet, I doubt, but if she gets her paws in and licks her fingers I'll be pleased.

WT, I think it was you who ages ago posted a good calculation of how much formula babes should be getting according to their weight. D is 11lb 11oz. What should an approximate daily amount be so I can get a rough idea. Thanks. xx

Lozza. Hope Z is sleeping now.

Here's hoping for good nights all round.

Night lads. xx

Loo...i looked up how much formula.they should getting according.to weight (rather than age on back of box)....some sites say 2.5oz per lb of body weight and some say 2oz per lb. I would say 2oz per lb is much more achievable. I give M about 30oz per day (she leaves 2-3oz of that) and thats plenty for her...she weighs 16lb now (i make 2 x 7oz and 2 x 8oz). So aim for 2oz per lb...if you dont get that much down her dont worry too much as long as she continues to gain x....good luck...hope you dont get too much booby ache

Wishing you all peaceful and sleep filled nights:kiss:

It is recommended to *offer* 2.5 ounces per pound of body weight. In my experience, when the boys were smaller, they got a lot closer to actually taking in that much. But once their weight was in the 13-14 pound range, I found that they were not really taking that much, so I didn't bother with the 2.5 thing anymore. I agree with Mitch that 2 is much more likely.

Also... the 2.5 ounces per pound recommendation is only applicable when they're young/little... doctors (at least doctors here in the US) recommend that you not routinely go over 32-34 ounces in a day without discussing it with the doctor as to why your baby is so hungry. I can't imagine where they would put that much liquid!! Now that my boys are in the 16 pound range, they're still only taking about 25-30 ounces per day.

Thanks lads! I'd defrosted 6oz for the feed yesterday and D guzzled the lot, so maybe she still will be on the hungrier side of things. However I can't account of how much she is getting from my boobs, so it could all average out. Thanks for the advice.

We had a successful night! She slept through until 5.30! :yipee:she was being quiet so we left her, and she ended up crying at 6.10, so still no settling back to sleep skills, but I'm so chuft she slept through. Fx it's not just a one off!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: Loo for the fairy being back in your life!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: (and she stopped by mine for a bit....11-7!!!!!)

oh and I had a look at the BLW website...and liked it! https://www.babyledweaning.com/

Yay, well done loo!

Not too bad here, technically only one wake up, unfortunately it was 12.15-2 but then he went back in his cot til 6.50 (he'd gone down at 9.15). I think that feed took so long as I was too tired to sit up and really to get him to feed properly i need to. Still, not needing to finish the night in with me is real progress!

Waula - I meant to say yesterday (maybe I did, can't remember) that apparently there's a river cottage recipe book for blw which is much better than the gill rapley one.

Lozza defo a progression at your end!!!! :dance: heard good things about that cookbook too...

Yay for the good nights lads, so pleased for you!!!

Not amazing here but only F waking up so way more managable. Only 2 wakings between 9.30pm-6am, so actually a good night :)

Way to go, D! :happydance:

Emera- Awesome that you only had to deal with one LO waking up last night.

Lozza- I love that you can have a sense of humor ("technically only one wake up"). :haha: Even though he was up for a long time, that really is a great night considering that it was not long ago that he seemed to be waking up every hour and a half. His brain must be hard-wired to be awake a lot. Think of how accomplished he'll be with all that extra time in his day. He'll probably cure cancer by the time he's 11 or something. ;)

AFM... not awful, but P is really congested at the moment, so he was having a tough time poor little bug. He kept waking his brother up, so I ended up splitting them up -- on in the nursery and one in the living room. That helped a bit.

Last night we booked our tickets for our big trip in November -- Atlanta to Brussels. Then Brussels to Dar es Salaam (without the boys :shock:). Then back to Brussels. Then back to Atlanta. When we booked the tickets, the airline wanted to know how old they'll be on the date of travel, and it made me realize that in one week, they'll be 6 months old. It's hard to believe. :nope:

wt - thanks! Actually since tuesday we even seem to have a loose routine, helped by me clock watching (something i read about on the analytical armadillo website on duracell bunny babies). I've put him in the pushchair in the dark 2-2.15 hours after he last wakes and he goes to sleep within 5 minutes with no complaining (i mean i have to push him back and forward, but still). He's had 2 1hr20m naps today so far, result!

Now if he would just use his food to put on weight instead of burning it off being so energetic i'd be happier! However, he can now almost crawl, its insane! It also means I have to keep the floor clear of non-baby stuff :dohh:

Can't believe the twins are almost 6 months, eek!

Bloody hell Lozza that's a big improvement but I seriously am fascinated he can nearly bloody crawl!!! I bet he is in a tiny percentage of babies who can do that before 6 months!!! He always was really alert!! unlike J who is a bit :coffee: whatever :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->