March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Glow, my babes are a bit whatever-ish too. They're not even grabbing their toes. (I feel so left out). I guess they think they're cute enough that I'll just bring them everything they desire so there's no need to learn how to move about. :haha:

Hey ladies

We had a better day

I think we are defo in the 'teething' stage - she seems in pain - have used powders, bongela and calpol - hopefully she will pick up over the weekend

We are now fully FF - had my last bf on my birthday - sad in a way

Are all you ladies BLW - its scares me - I have no idea what it entails

L x

Vitfa- I'm not doing BLW as it's not really workable for our lives especially since the boys are in daycare. I guess I'm doing something closer to traditional weaning, but without really following the rules. :blush: I just try to make sure they get a good variety of stuff and not overload on any one fruit or veggie. :shrug:

It's so different than when I weaned DS1. I was such a rule follower back then. :haha:

Wt - I guess you follow rules for the first, partly because you don't know not to and partly because reading up on stuff is fun, and finding your own feet.
Vitfa I'm planning on doing it as I've seen friends do it and it looks fun. It's basically just weaning without the purée stage, and they use the spoon rather than being fed. I knew very little about it until I read the blw book and there's a lot of info on the website Waula posted. It's nothing new really, probably what people did before blenders were invented!

I got a book called Weaning Made Easy by Dr Rana Conway which covers BLW and traditional weaning and how you can combine the two. Alot of people say they are doing BLW or traditional weaning but to.be fair alot of people combine the two quite successfully....i dont think one excludes the other. I got it on amazon...its an easy straightforward read. Oh.and its also got a few recipes in.it...i have also got the Annabel Karmel meal planner book for recipes through different ages

Lozza...glad nights are getting easier-ish...cant believe Z trying to crawl...exciting and scary x

Traditional weaning includes a lot of finger foods from early on, or rather can do, and a lot of people think that blw is just finger foods and traditional weaning is just bowls of puree/mashed up food. Actually its less about what you feed the baby and more about how you feed them. The overall concept of blw is that the baby decided what to eat, so you present them with options and they are then in control. You can easily offer babies purees when doing blw, by putting the puree onto a few spoons and putting them infront of the baby. :shrug: The idea being you should never really feed them, they should always feed themselves.
In my thinking the best way to do weaning is whatever you are happy, comfortable, and confident with! You can mix and match, let them decide what to eat from a choice of finger foods at lunch and then spoon feed them shepherds pie at dinner. :shrug: It doesn't really matter that much as long as the whole thing is without stress or pressure. :). Of course, if you plan to go for the full blw thing, then you are a little more restricted in HOW you feed your baby, but not what they eat. :). It is supposed to really help with reducing issues around eating later on, which are pretty common in children as its one of the few things they genuinely have control over at a young age. However, my friend did blw with her daughter and really stuck to it, and even still she has the usual toddler phases of only eating about 3 different foods for a few weeks. :shrug:

On that note, F had another rice cake for breakfast! :haha: Intentionally this time, and not a flavoured one, a plain one. She enjoyed it I'd say. :)

Yeah fussiness is def down to the child. Of my 3 nieces/nephews who were all weaned the same way, one eats absolutely everything, inc sushi at 7, the other will eat barely anything!

Lozza it was the same with me and my bro, I'll eat anything, he was and still is pretty fussy! I think all toddlers have their phases though. Weaning a baby is relatively easy. When they get a bit older though it gets more tactical, because you have to actually hold their attention for long enough to get them to eat! :haha:

Sure is quiet in here!

hope everybody's having a good weekend!

Been trying to post in here all day and my phone's been having a massive fit about BnB? :shrug:
Anyway, now busy with F on my lap, when she should be sleeping :dohh:

I have that much laundry to fold I could actually totally bury myself in it. :cry: sadly as I have to sort F out I'll just have to watch tv and eat this bar of fruit and nut. Oh the hardship!

F keeps trying to eat my phone! :haha:

Omg I just watched a film. A whole film. From start to finish uninterrupted!!
:happydance:

Suspect I'll now go to bed and he'll wake up but nevermind.

Bummer, walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth pre bed and he woke up! Hopefully he just needs a top up as he fell asleep before finishing earlier. DH out tonight so it's been a nice peaceful easy night so far, want it to continue! Every other time I've been on my own it's been a nightmare so this was a pleasant surprise!

Lozza....hope you have a good night x x

Emera...hope you enjoyed your choccy and F is now fast asleep

Worried M is too warm.....sleeping like a baby though :)

Hi, I was wondering what everyone's routine is when it comes to sleeping and feeding? x

:hi: all in here...
F boobs not phone silly... Hope she sleeps em!
Lozza a whole film??! Amazing. Good luck tonight!!!
Mitch bloody hot here too...just thin baby gro and he seemed fine when he was feeding an hour ago... She'll be fine :thumbup:
Loo thinking of you and hoping little miss D is behaving and your boobs aren't exploding. How's the conversion over to ff going??
Slightly blocked duct over here :( stupid shit tit. I've been on catch up since he slept 8hrs solid a couple of days ago. They can't win can they! Don't sleep long enough then when they do we're exploding milk everywhere and wishing they'd wake for a feed! :dohh:
Right bed times. Sod dream feed tonight. He's already had a cheeky top up at half 9. Xx

Emera I do what you do with weaning it's probably a bit of both traditional and BLw :thumbup:

10-3 tonight!
But I've fed, he's pooed so changed him (which I hardly ever do at night now), fed the other side and he's filled his nappy again. Not sure I can face a second change this hour of the night! And he looks very awake....

:dohh: Lozza, sorry about that! G was wide awake last night, it's the worst feeling (well, not the worst but you know what I mean).

Weebubbles, hope you don't feel ignored, this is just our venting/hangout thread and we don't always end up posting a lot of concrete info. Maybe try Baby Club?

Ugh, MIL and FIL are here and DH is slightly tipsy so I'm just hiding out pretending to be putting the baby to bed. Can't hold out much longer.

Went to a baby shower today, G met a little boy and watched him with a huge smile and wanted to touch him. So cute.

Must go present myself. Blergh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"