March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Mitch - I too long for weekends! Yesterday DH was crap though with a hangover from Thursday so I may as well have been on my own! At least yours had a good excuse and it's only one weekend, hope he's back to himself soon.

Emera - great news about the potential job! Hope you get it!!

Inlaws coming today til Tuesday. They want to take us out to dinner tonight - not sure of that's a good idea or not?!! Guess we'll have to give it a go, at least it's not a Saturday night.

Right, think I'll try Z with last nights Moroccan chicken...

Thanks lads....and now birthday lunch with sil and niece cancelled...nice i dont have to cook but bang goes my baby sharing with sil today too :-( Hubby taken a bit of a turn.for the worst and has been throwing up....hes gone to bed. As has M do a bit of a rest for mummy :-/

Sorry things are so crapola Mitch. I hope MrM has a better afternoon but keep an eye on the sickiness and don't hesitate to ring the hospital department for advice if it continues.

I share the wish for weekends. Mine has been similarly unrestful with MrC being ill and us falling out. I'm still unwell but it seems that doesn't factor when you have a baby. I'm also sat looking at an application I have to finish by tonight and no little will to complete. The prospect of a long week is just too much.

Was going to bake the muffins this weekend. At the moment, getting E to nap is enough of a challenge.

Hope you feel better soon mscrow....and you get E to.nap x x I think the sicknesd is still the general anaesthetic clear his system...hoping hes ok tonight as i have a quiz night with the girls...just local and M should be in bed. I need a night out so fx for me x

I.am cheering myself up.a little by checking.out new kitchen and bathroom catalogues for when extension gets done....although trying no.to think.about the prices:wacko:...i think.we may have to forgo the granite worktops:cry:....soooo expensive

Hope everyone else is having a good and relaxing Sunday x

Ladies did waula bake blueberries muffins ?? Im on the look out for the reciepe L x

Vitfa, the blueberry muffin recipe is on the recipes file on fb x

MrC, illness is crap when you are a working mum, there is zero respite! Hope you get some rest, and maybe even an apology before long! Xx

Mitch, hope OH is ok, check out about his sickness if it becomes a worry. At least you can pretty much rely on M to sleep, so should be able to go out. As you're local at least you can pop back if OH can't manage xx

Lovely morning here, had friends over who ended up staying for lunch. Roh had fun with their kiddies (3 and 5) and the 5 year old girl was very taken with F ;). Lovely, and they helped eat up all the baked goods! :). Just a few low sugar muffins and a few slabs of roast veg pizza left to demolish. Think I'll leave that task to OH!

L&L - It's amazing that you are getting help! I hope you are having a great time this week and getting lots of baby snuggles.

Emera - Good luck with the job, it's sounds perfect!

Mitch - I hope you and your hubby both feel better soon.

MsCrow - Hope you feel better soon.

Crowned - Ugh for an insomniac baby, 6 hours is crazy. I hope you guys were able to get some sleep the last couple days.

Lozza - So sorry that the sleep training was so difficult. It's so hard to listen to them cry for sure. We've been back for a week and she still cries every time I put her in her crib. The last couple days it has been pretty short though, 5 seconds to a couple minutes. I agree with the doing something else, I am now addicted to playing bejeweled when I set her down. It's a one minute game so I could keep track of how long she was crying for. I don't usually have to go back in anymore though. I haven't started on the night wakings though so I'm not sure if that made things take longer and not looking forward to the crying in the middle of the night either.

We have had such a good weekend. My DH didn't come with us for the week we visited my parents and since we've been back he's been so good with her and even wanting to read a bedtime story to her. It's cute. We went up to the local orchards and picked out our pumpkins, grabbed some more apples and squash. It was kind of chilly but so much fun. We've started dtd more since I've been back, though I really don't look forward to it. We've still only done it a handful of times but I still think it's going to be quite awhile before it doesn't hurt a lot. Now it's time to try and get caught up on Dr. Who, I am so behind on my tv shows.

Just a quick word to say to all lads, dtd might sting a bit if you've not done it for a while, and perhaps might be a tad uncomfortable to start with. Having had a baby shouldn't mean that it actively hurts though, unless you are talking maybe in the first couple of months pp when you are still healing and might have bruising etc still resolving. It certainly shouldn't hurt long term though, so if you do have more than a bit of discomfort its a good idea to visit the doctor to get checked over. :hugs: A lot of women put up with sex being painful, when its unnecessary, thinking its normal, so just wanted to mention it. Xxx

Hmmm.. I don't long for weekends. DH works 9-7 all week then web designs all weekend so the most help I can get is for him to watch N whilst I go for a run :dohh: shouldn't complain as it is all good money and it is nice to have him around but its def not much sharing of parental duties!!!

Ladies im going to put up some soup reciepes quickly and will do another when E goes down for the night.

Im bad with quanities as im a chuck it in a pot girl.

Courgette and Red Pepper Soup

X3 courgettes
X2 red sweet point peppers - Or normal ones
1 onion
1 cup of red lentils

Chop up veggies - Add lentils - Add 1000mls of stock - I use chicken stock for flavour.
Cook for 30mins. Blend.

I also took some veggies out and used baby stock for E - simple soup but so so yummy.

Another favourite

Potato, Bacon and Leek Soup

half a bag of baby pots - cut in half
1 pack of bacon, either unsmoked or smoked
x2 leeks
1 onion

Sweat of onion until carmelised,
Add in bacon and coat this in the onion until browning,
Add pots and leeks and cook for a further 3 mins.
Then add 1000mla of chicken or ham stock.

This soup is amazing but you need to defo sweat the veggies and bacon as i think that where the flavour comes from

Lx

Hey lads....well its hubbys birthday today...though it does feel like it:cry:. Poor guy still not great at all....sickness stopped but still passing alot of blood (sorry tmi) but spoke to the consultant today and was told that the procedure was much more invasive /harsher than they expected so to expect more pain than first thought. He is a bit down...cant pick up M either:cry:. Hoping he feels better for Saturday as we are going for drinks with friends in Guildford and have a babysitter sorted:happydance:...fingers crossed. Wishing i had baked him a cake now but didnt bother as his SIL had....but then they didnt come round...poop!!!?

Right moan over....off to get some dinner sorted. Carrot and corainder soup....yum....al la New Covent Garden one :haha:

Poor hubby Mitch! I hope he's on the mend. Bet he's properly feeling sorry for himself. :(

Mitch- Ah, Poor guy. Hope it starts getting better for him soon. Happy Birthday to him though!

I'm not sure anyone really wants to hear about how the whole birth and recovery thing went for me, but it doesn't really feel like something I can talk about in my real life because it's a bit difficult to talk about. But I kinda feel like I want to share to just have said it somewhere really. Her birth was going great, long, but great until the pushing part. After about 3 hours of pushing I had been up for a really long time and hadn't been able to eat much in a long time with the throwing up and food tasting horrible. They recommended an epidural so after thinking about it and crying on the toilet for awhile I just couldn't do it anymore so did that. It was still another 4 hours pushing and she wasn't moving into a better position and ended up calling the ob and she was vacuumed out. With all of that I ended up with a 4th degree tear. So couldn't really sit at all for a long time and normally for longer after that. I hate taking medicine but was taking ibuprofen and/or tylenol for the first three months. I tried to stop taking it off and on through that time but the lack of sleep and constant pain made me cranky and I figured it was better to be happy. After that I was still sore for a month, finally after a bit over 4 months I was able to start exercising again, which made me sore for another couple weeks. I've had probably about 8 follow up appointments and the last one I was assured that everything looked good and everything has healed properly. So I'm hoping that is the case. Stupid me crying while writing this. Things are just taking awhile to get back to normal and we've just getting back into normal uh intimate activities and are taking everything really slow and know that it will be fine eventually but it's sucked a lot. I am lucky though, I really haven't had many complications from it. The slightly embarrassing things I'm left with sometimes have some wind fly out that I can't do anything about and it's a bit more urgent when I have to take a poo but haven't had any accidents. It's a good thing my daughter is so cute and worth it cause otherwise I'd be pissed :)! Enough from me, thanks for letting me share. Well you didn't really get choice, but either way.

Aaaaw smiles...thank you for sharing and sorry you had a bad experience and had so much pain :nope:. It does make it all worthwhile when you look at their gorgeousness though x x glad you are getting back.to normal x

Sillysmiles. Thanks for sharing :hugs: I know its worth it to have our gorgeous LOs, but bad "collateral damage" is still hard to accept and involves a long recovery. :hugs: I had a 3rd degree tear when I had Roh (plus a couple of 2nd degree ones) and like you had a lot of follow ups to check the healing. The thing I found by about 6/7 months pp was less that I was in pain, and more that I'd totally lost confidence in that whole area of my body to behave as it should. I just didn't trust that it either wouldn't hurt, or that I had full control, if that makes sense? Consequently when we tried to dtd I was very tense, which made it impossible for a long time. In fact the first time we managed it was at about 8 months pp and I fell pregnant immediately! :haha: my doctor specifically said to me that if dtd actively hurt (beyond a bit of initial discomfort) then I should return to have a more thorough assessment of the healing. That's why I mentioned it before. I hope it didn't upset you, I just would hate to think anyone was just putting up with pain when it can be eased! Xxxx
I hope that you'll continue to get your confidence back, sounds like you've been really strong through it all, and sorry to hear your healing was such an ordeal. :hugs:

SS: :hugs: Thanks for sharing. It's hard to balance the joy and magic of creating life with the "collateral damage" that can result. I had a similar experience with DS1... except the pushing was very short instead of very long. I know that doesn't sound like a problem, but my body was not ready to have a baby as my dilation was completely artificially induced (by an evil nurse with a over-active pitocin trigger). Anyway... it led to massive tearing (and painful things *back there*) which made sitting extremely painful for a very long time (like 6 months) and DTD was a no-go for even longer. Everything eventually went back to "normal", but it really colored my view of childbirth. I guess the positive is that it made me less afraid of having a c-section with the twins (which was a super quick recovery by comparison).

Mitch- I hope the birthday celebration turned out okay. Sorry that your DH was in pain, but at least there are drinks in his future!

As for weekends... I love them, but they're not really a break from anything. They just mean we're in less of a hurry about it. I have figured out the perfect way to get DH to help out with the babies. I ask my 12 year old to help when I need something (which he does willingly and cheerfully because he's a sweet kid and he loves his brothers). It makes DH feel so guilty that he always says "no, I'll do that." It works every time! Mamas are sneaky!

SS sad about your collateral damage :( good advice from the lads. hope things settle for you soon :hugs:

mitch hows your DH and his er....you know what? hope he's feeling better today xx

laura hope the funeral went ok and A was ok with your buddies :hugs: the dumplings were awesome. xx

L&L thinking of you hun :hugs: much love to you three... x

do you sometimes have days when all you need is a big bowl of pasta with cheese and a huge mug of hot ribena? that's my day today.

emera hope you're not too worried about tomorrows bake-off/interview - wishing you the best of luck!!! xx

right, off to do some christmas shopping!!! :dance: :xmas8: is it too early??! :haha:

Waula....he is feeling a bit better today. Has had total bed rest...so we are hoping he is up to going out on Sat...fx. Has an appt to have the stent out 6th Nov...he has opted for local anaesthetic as the general made him feel rough...really sick for 2-3 days. Oh and the stent is 26cm long inside him eeeeek:cry:

Have done a couple.of bits of Christmas shopping....just one main pressie for M...the walker.....a few of Emeras friends xmas pud decorations and dribble bibs as stocking fillers. Have also purchased a voucher on groupon for 5 personalised wall calendars so should be able to do those and get ordered tomorrow

Hopeling to.get to Guildford tomorrow to buy myself a new dress for.Sat...going to a new swanky wine bar woooop:happydance:

Waula, i'm nervous-ish, but at the same time, i've done a ton of these, and also been on the other end as i've run a restaurant and been a head chef several times. I'm pretty confident i've got the skills and references, so lets just hope i'm not too rusty!

Emera massive good luck

SS - hugs to you - you will get there - it can take a lot of time to heal physically and emotional - i still feel the emotional scars are there.

Waula - :( to a rubbish day - hot ribena and cheesy pasta sounds like a must

Im pretty much finished my shopping for E and hubby - been buying as i go - I LOVE xmas shopping

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->