March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Laura - you've gone for an extended rear facing car seat yes? Which one? I'm planning on doing the same, have seen a Recaro one for £205 and the Besafe one for about £350 - huge difference in price so wondered if you'd done the safety research?

Waula - great news on the bottle front! Need to try Z with one again actually, just in case he has decided to stop taking it (after 7 months of no problem!). I think when his teeth are a bit sore he likes to chew on the bottle instead of drink which results in milk everywhere except his mouth.

Last night was awful btw - went down at 7 but then woke at 9 - resettled for 20 minutes and up again at 9.30, down at 10 then up at 12 - and then every hour & a half until 7.15 this morning. He had yoghurt for dinner - i'm wondering if there is anything in the dairy theory even though he's no other symptoms. Might try giving it up again on Sunday just for the week and see if there's any improvement. Doesn't help he's got a cough at the moment so wakes himself up with that as well as writhing around with tummy pain (at least i'm fairly convinced its that)

Poor Z. Poor you Lozza. I'm sorry for the rubbish sleep!

I've got the BeSafe one because it has the best reviews and I have their 0+ one and really rate it. Mine was about £300 - take a bit of shopping round but it is (amazingly) sometimes on special offer. I think I saw it for £320 on kiddiecare. I don't know much about the others to be honest but when I was researching it, I asked about the safety records and was told that the BeSafe one was the best from that point of view. Made my decision for me. Made me poor though! :haha:

Great thanks - which one did you go for, the belted one or isofix? Most of the time he'll be in our car so guessing isofix is safer but more expensive?!

So, i didn't feed F in the night last night, and managed to settle her without lifting her out of the (now enclosed) cot. I was desperate to though! :haha: I find it so hard to stick to my guns in the night as i'm just so sleepy, i just want to latch her on and snooze! Anyway, she did well, after much screaming she went to sleep at 10pm and woke at 3am, so quite a long stretch for her. Managed to get her back to sleep by 3.45am after on and off crying and headbutting of cot bars trying to get to me through the bars (sob :cry:), and then she woke again at 6am, which i decided was technically morning enough to bring her in for a cuddle :blush: I'm still shattered, and the whole 7-10pm thing needs so serious work, as she just wants to party all evening. But i'm hopeful she'll get with the program!

Lozza- Sorry about the MIL issues. Whenever we visit my in-laws, they take the babies into a different room of the house in order to keep them away from me since if we're in the same room, the babies will want to come to me. It bothers me ... but I usually relish the alone time (which is hard to come by in my house). :shrug: And Loo put it perfectly... you are doing a cracking job! :hugs:

Waula- I know it must be a relief to have the bottle situation mostly sorted. :thumbup:

Emera- Glad you had words with DH, and glad he saw that it was best to get F's sleep sorted before putting the kids in the same room. As for sleep training... sounds like things went pretty well for night 1, but up til 10??? That girl's a party animal! :haha: Do you stay in the room with her between 7 and 10? Or do you hang out in the living room? The good thing about plunging into the deep end of sleep training is that it usually works pretty quickly.

Ell done Emera! Glad freyrah made some progress last night!

Lozza, we picked up her seat today (isofix) and can honestly say its amazing!

WT, last night she was just awake awake awake! We put her down at 7pm and she slept then at 7.15pm she was wide awake. OH was meant to settle her, but after 5 minutes came in the living room with her, which is what he always does! :dohh: Anyway, he knows that's got to stop!! Tonight she fell asleep over her bottle, so i burped her, whilst asleep and put her down. If she wakes, i'll pick her up to burp her, and then put her right back down again. When i do sleep training i go in once, after 5 mins, settle down, tidy the cot up and then leave again and i don't go back in, for an hour. It was only ever an hour once with Roh, and after i went in, he was asleep within about 2-3 mins, so he cried for 1 hour and 8 mins the first night. Think it was 15 mins the 2nd night and 2-3 mins the 3rd night and then about 30 seconds for the rest of the first week, and then not at all.
Last night was silly really because F was so tired. At about 9.45pm i put my foot down with OH (he's weirdly perverse, he wants her sleeping sorted and to have her out the room, but then he wants to cuddle her all evening if he feels like it :dohh:) and put her to bed. Naturally she went nuts, but only cried for 8 minutes in total before conking out. I guess we'll see how the night goes.

Got a cake in the oven it smells so good! :D

Emera- Your DH sounds like mine. He talks a big talk about how the boys need to toughen up and not be so needy. But in reality, he's the biggest cuddle bug with them. :dohh: I do the same thing as you with going in once when a baby wakes up crying. It's my check-and-see visit where I make sure there's nothing "wrong." If everything seems fine, I leave them to CIO. However, I've been lucky, and true CIO has not ever lasted longer than 15 minutes, and it has never been both babies in the same night (except for the first night). Fingers crossed that the night goes sleepily!!!

F woke at 1am and 2am and had a bit of a whinge, but both times I managed to settle her in about 10 mins without taking her out of the cot. So besides that......................

She slept from 7pm until 8am, that's 13 hours!!!! :dance:

I should add I think she only woke up at 8am because I woke up in a panic and prodded her until she woke up!! :shock:

Quick reply as on my phone. Emera sounds like a better night but boo for OH being a nob!

Lozza - glad you kind of survived the outlaw visit. N is talking rubbish about BLW Z has never slept through anyway so not sure how he came to that conclusion!
Agree maybe best to leave any form of sleep training till you get back but def think it is something you should have a crack at. I cannot.imagine your sleep pattern and working or trying to do it whilst you are back at work. I can imagine it is a horrible thought because Z is such a lovely happy boy. Yay for being 7 months too.

Well done miss D for rolling! And yay for yummy cupcakes Loo x

Meant to say re car seats. We have the maxi cosi priori but my sisters friend has just given me a Britax First Class which rear faces until 13kg. We need 2 seats as i will be dropping jacob off and OH will be picking him up and dont like the idea of keep moving seats between cars too much room for error. So i am going to use the Britax one as jacob is in my car 99% of the time but he will have to go forward facing in OH car. I might stop using the cabriofix now he can rear face in the bigger seat. Im struggling to carry it now and he looks so squashed.

Glowie that's what I'm doing. 13kg at the rate N is growing is nearly 2yrs on the chart. Going to get the first class one fitted this morning...
Yay emera!!! N had feed at 10.30 then woke me at ten to 8!! Yay!! Still horribly snotty here :( poor chap.
Have good days lads! X

Yeah for great nights Emera and Waula :happydance:....you both deserve a good nights sleep.....now onto Lozza...come on Z you can do it:thumbup:

We are probably going to have to buy another car seat for hubbys car....as we will be mixing up the pick up and drop off from nursery etc.....probably just get another baby weaver one...they are great value and should last for ages. Have a question about fixing that into car so will post on FB

I have just popped the Christmas cake in the oven.....4 1/2 hours!!!!!! Gees that is going to be one well cooked cake...fingers crossed it turns out OK....what can go wrong...its just a load of fruit, nuts, flour and eggs and 'stuff'....mixed up and bunged in oven:blush:. I have high hopes for it ha ha

No other news here....hubby still suffering a bit....think we are still going out for his birthday tomorrow:happydance:...but he may drive as he is still on alot of painkillers.....I shall be drinking cocktails for him:haha:

All of this talk about car seats is depressing to my wallet. I need four of them since we mix up the drop-off/pick-up. I'm considering getting 2 and then using the infant seats up to 22 pounds (which is their weight limit). Obviously, that won't be very comfy for them, but if it's just for short car rides, I think it will be okay. :shrug:

Way to go F!!!!!!

Quiet on here:cry:

And i am the only person viewing:cry:

Have a lovely weekend all you lovely lads and no i am not drunk...no wine has passed my lips. Am saving myself for tomorrow :happydance:

I'm reading. Just not posting. Not in the right frame of mind.

Really glad to see you're making some sleep progress Emera and Waula.

Thinking of you Lozza, hoping for a quieter night soon and don't lose faith in BLW.

Mitch I think you should sample a wee bit of cake, just in case you know, it's anything less than fab.

I'm here :hi:
:hugs: crowie - things ok at your roost? Lots of love xxx
Got a snotty, coughing, sleeping baby on me. He's really not well. His voice is croaky. Coughing a lot. Just looked on nhs website about whooping cough...hope it's just a bad cold and not that :( xx

Waula - surely N is covered having had the 2 whooping cough jabs? Z got a bad cough too, thinking of getting something tomorrow for it. His nose stopped running on Monday, started again today. Fed up of colds!!

Been out tonight so thought I'd give a bottle before I went. He had 5 oz then bbf to sleep, been asleep 7-10.30 so far with a successful sssh at 9 apparently. This is longest sleep for a while - DH says I've deprived him of sleep by bf if he stays asleep much longer. Damn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->