March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Ha!!! I love your DH's attitude :haha: :nope: but good you had a few hours off and that he's back on with the bottle. Fed up of colds too... But I'm excited about you having 3.5hrs sleep out of Z *frantically searching for some wood to grab!! Fingers crossed for tonight xxx
Re whooping cough - N's had the jabs obvs - just a horrid thing on the news tonight about it - prob know a bit too much about vaccines and efficacy which doesn't help when he's snorting and coughing and croaking :( his room stinks of olbas oil, karvol, plug in!!!!

Sorry for the snotty babies :cry:...hope they feel better soon and hope you get a good night lozza x

Cold here tonight....heating on although.thermostat down low so M doesnt get cold...i.am obsessed by making.sure shes not too hot or cold hmmmm. The next few days is going to involve making sure we get radiator in her nursery and thermostat setting right...her room is small so heats quickly (dont want to.boil my baby) and on teo outside wall so probably loses the heat.quicker (dont want to.freeze my baby).

Bed for me....cosy warm and wind howling outside. Just cant believe how quickly winters come around...years gone too quick for me and M x

Love a warm bed when the wind is howling cold!!!! X

Ha, he woke at 11! That at least has shut DH up!
Massaged a few loud trumps out of Z so now feeding (as I'm rather rock-like) so with any luck now he's wind free we'll get another few hours.

Mitch - I'm sure like us they keep themselves warm. We've got a Victorian end terrace and it loses what little heat it has really quickly, and Z's room is about the coldest with 3 outside walls. He always seems warm enough when I check - they're a bit better at regulating temp than the newborn days. M will sleep through heat waves or ice storms anyway!! It was a lovely crisp cold autumn day here today, hope tomorrows the same!

MsC - hope things are ok with you :hugs:

Crap. I just googled whooping cough.... Going to keep a closer eye on this cough!

Argh, stop googling about child illnesses, you'll never sleep again lads!! :hugs:

Hey Lozza, how did your night go? I hope it was a goodun after the feed.

You all had me searching whooping cough as MrC has had a really bad cough post cold. I don't think he has, but god, I have been so saddened to hear of the baby deaths and the numbers of infection for this year are through the roof.

Sleep. I am getting about seven hours a night. E wakes up about 1or 2:30ish and feeds for an hour. Knackering. Then she goes through till 8, mostly. I'm happy with that, I don't want her to wake up earlier, but I'm also aware she perhaps ought to be sleeping through the night. I don't know whether to attempt sleep training again, aborted when she had a cold. I feel a bit meh about the whole thing.

Thanks for asking after me. Things are a bit shite at the moment. Not made easier by the early winter blues.

MsC :hugs: Sorry to hear things aren't great at the moment, i hope there is an upturn in the near future for you. When you say E is feeding for an hour, do you mean actively feeding? It seems like a very long feed to me! Is she feeding a bit then comfort sucking to get back to sleep? I suppose if it was me i'd keep the feed, but try to cut it off when the serious feeding stopped. I'm sure you could do without being up for an hour each night! I know exactly what you mean about feeling meh about the sleep thing. I guess it was F's sleeping just degenerating totally that pushed me to be pro-active about it. If she'd been waking once a night, i'd have been inclined to leave it i think.

F isn't all that happy tonight, i think its wind, but she's been a bit off yesterday and today, some really dodgy nappies, a bit off her food and milk, and not really as many wet nappies as i'd expect. She is active and cheerful in the daytime though, so not sure what it is that's bothering her. Hoping it will pass....

Poor F - hope she feels better soon :hugs:
MsC big :hugs: I'm hoping your belly pork will be medicinal for you tomorrow xxx and an hour feed does sound like a biggy... I was/am still dream feeding (considering not doing tonight as he only went to bed at half 8) but it means no wake ups between 10.30-7/8ish. Not sure when/how to drop it though (or even if I can be arsed if it means a wake up in the early hours or requires me to do some sleep training :nope:)
Sorry to have worried ppl with the whooping cough thing, thing on the local news that was all. Very sad. Noah's got bad cough but no whoop buy has properly lost his voice - very tragic squeaks and croaks :( I've literally used half a bottle of calpol over the past two weeks...
Right, hope everyone enjoys the extra hour in bed xxx

Waula, I always say to OH we should get shares in Calpol! :haha:

So obviously F (and Roh) being unsettled last night turned in to an all night vomming session :sick: and I joined in too! F and Roh seem to be a lot brighter now, and no vomming since this morning. I'm feeling shocking! :( there is still a faint whiff of sick all through the house, and I have 3 loads of laundry to do. Dry toast all round here today. At least I don't have to put much effort into cooking. :rolleyes:

Ugh emera - sounds like a ruddy nightmare...poor you all - hope you're feeling better now? No chance for mummy's to be ill is there :( :nope:

Still feeling shabby, no sleep and sick bug isn't a great combo. About to do some nice warming porridge for us all then I expect we'll all head to bed early. :)

So today Z had just two naps,the last of which he woke from at 2. He's been asleep 7.15 to 10.30 so DH has now decided he's been sleeping too long in the days! Suffice to say as soon as he declared this Z woke up... But he managed to shh him back. Keeps coughing and then moaning in his sleep now though poor thing so I'm expecting a wake up any moment!
Emera - hope you and the gang are all feeling a lot better now :hugs:

Decided to try going dairy free again. I had to polish off a box of Thorntons chocolates Zach got me for my birthday first, so have started this afternoon. If there's no change in a week (which is all it took last time if it was the dairy) then I'll abandon the plan. Good for weight loss anyway!!

No dairy! This makes me sad. I hope you get some results from it though. N sounds like a real baby whisperer :wacko: you must be so patient not to get annoyed with him!!

Emera, I hope you are all feeling better. A big bowl of porridge sounds perfect.

As for us, our friends have gone for the wknd, and it will be the last time I see one of them for a very long time. Sad. D's snotty nose has progressed to a full on cough and cold and the poor thing is just blowing massive snot bubbles all the time. She is so unhappy. I wish I could do something more as its breaking my heart but even if I took her to the docs I don't think there is anything he could do apart from check her chest is clear. Bah. Poor baby.

Woo hoo Loo!!! :happydance:
Z is the same with cough/cold - we actually would have had a better night last night but his cough woke him up a couple of times, I was able to shh him back once. Think I'm going to take him to the doctors this morning just to check its nothing. He's had it a few days and it's getting worse rather than better, sounded horrible in the night poor thing! We did have a snot bubble the size of a ping pong ball earlier this week, I was impressed and revolted :haha:

Sorry for the poorly babies lads... Noah is the same. The cough is awful at night but he seems chipper (but snotty) in the day. Never taken him before but he's still hoarse and moany at night and coughing a lot. Not sure if it's just normal cold or if I'm being a wuss on his behalf! X

Lozza, your OH makes me laugh, as if everything with babies has this amazingly simple and obvious solution! So you should switch Z to purees, formula and keep him awake all day, and that will make him sleep all night? :haha: Bless him! :dohh:

Feeling a bit better now. Spent all morning on the phone to various government departments, seeing if i can get any benefits. Stressful, because every person i talked to had accents i couldn't understand! It drives me mad, i'm quite good with strong accents face to face, but over the phone i always struggle, especially if there is alot of background noise, and the person mumbles alot! Who the hell employs someone who mumbles to do a phone based job???

I actually woke up feeling refreshed this morning, flipping amazing! F was a good girl and slept until 6.45am :) Its so nice being able to put her to bed with only a little whimpering, settle her once or twice in the evening, and then have a good night's sleep!

So took N to the Drs. He giggled, smiled, didn't cough once and I felt ridiculous. Why do they do this to us??! Anyway his chest is fine. :dohh:

Any luck on the annoying phone calls emera??
Lozza lol at your DH and emeras interpretation :haha: now you've mentioned this shhh back to sleep and I'm intrigued!!!!

Interesting night for us last night...up at 9.30 with horrid trumps, wouldn't settle/feed just horrid hoarse crying/coughing so eventually put him in our bed where he slept 12-2 then repeat - managed to feed him back to sleep then realised he was wet through - he'd taken his flipping nappy off (disposable) and so had to do full change cue hoarse crying/coughing til 4 then slept til 7. I am buggered.

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->