March Marvels 2019

Going ok, as I said over on FB, I find this the hardest time as it's too soon to feel movements and can't quite confidently find the HB on my home doppler, so I worry that things aren't ok, even though I have no real reason for them not to be.
I see my Obs on Thursday for my first appointment, she'll do a quick scan then so should get to see how baby is. I'm also going to ask for the NIPT test. Last time she didnt recommend it, but I'm adamant I'm going to be brave and request it (i love my Obs but she can be a bit scary sometimes). Yes, I do really want know the gender, but also good to know the risk levels for other things too.

BnB is a nice community. Some of the others have such hostile communities.

Poppies - I agree! It is hard to talk to providers sometimes. I can hardly wait for my 20 week ultrasound. I want to know if this baby is really a girl or not!

Hi everyone! Sorry I'm not active over here, some reason makes, or made, me feel sick 🤔
Incase you're not on FB and haven't seen had my 12 week scan yesterday. Baby was measuring 6 days ahead so due date has changed to 11th March! Next scan will be our private gender scan in a couple of weeks.
I was going to write that my symptoms had slowed down but for the first time this whole pregnancy I threw up twice (morning and night) yesterday 😂 RLS has fully started so yay.. 😏
Not much else to report, just want to know for defiant if what I'm feeling is movement or not!

Hello ladies!

Poppie i really feel the same way you do had my scan at 7 weeks which is 4 weeks ago but seems like an eternity my 12 week scan is 9/4 so still a week to go and time is passing by so slowly. So much could have changed in 5 weeks so I’m really anxious about it.. NIPT is a really great test to perform being non invasive and when you get the results if something is wrong you can prepare for it by the time you’ll give birth. Of course it’s a bonus to be able to know the gender so soon too!
From what I’ve heard NIPT isnt really reliable for a non identical twin pregnancy since they don’t have the same DNA some handicaps can be missed when the DNA of one of them is more present in my blood than the other ones and since it can be a girl and a boy i can’t know gender from that either so I’ll have to wait! I’m wishing you good luck and hope you’ll get from your ob what you want.

Rachel congrats for your great scan yesterday! Even better that baby is now due 6 days earlier that’s almost a week less waiting to meet him or her! I’m so sorry you’re struggling so much with sickness and nausea I hope it will get better soon! :hugs:

As for me like I said above anxiously waiting for our 12 week scan. The only symptoms I’m struggling with are tiredness and lower back pains apart from that I’m doing great and my belly starts showing too :)

Wishing all of you great luck in your pregnancies!

Had my scan today, all is well though they moved my due date forward 4 days so I'm now due 4th March :)

Congrats on the good scan Nafretili!

I agree that other communities are a little scary, it seems like some of them are always looking for a fight.

I had my first visit with my Obs yesterday. All went really well. She did a quick little scan and we saw little bub looking good. I didn't even have to ask for the NIPT referral, she suggested it! So I can go for those bloods tomorrow and by this time next week I'll know if we're team pink or blue!
I also found the HB on my home doppler the night before. So all seems to be going well, fingers crossed it continues this way.

How is everyone else doing?

Hope everyone is doing well! Not much is happening still. Sickness is going and I'm getting more energy so that's good!

Just need to vent for a second. Im so sick of people saying "bet you wonder if it's worth it" whenever I say I'm still throwing up or I'm really tired etc. Do they expect me to say no? I'd take feeling sick every day from day 1 until the day I give birth if it means I get a healthy baby. 😑 Sorry just so frustrated.

Rachel - I agree.. I don't see why people have to jump to that conclusion. I would probably be snappy. Not like we aren't allowed to feel. Pregnancy can either be super easy or really hard and people generally aren't as supportive as they should be.

So not much going on with me. I'm eager to have a proper bump. I'm overweight and it sucks when it comes to bumps. Thankfully once I get a proper one it looks proper since I'm not that overweight. As for weight gain.. I'm trying real hard to keep it at bay and actually am doing pretty well. Helps that everything just doesn't sound good and what does is fresh fruit and vegetables.

My two boys have been sick so I've been dealing with that. My oldest O, he got the stomach bug the night before. So we were up a good part of the middle of the night with him throwing up. Then yesterday right before bed.. right under his left eye swelled up bad!! It was really sudden. I had a suspicion of allergies because for some reason both boys had hives yesterday that had come and gone. Well gave him medicine, marked it just in case, and went to bed. Thankfully it has gone down, but still swollen. T, my youngest, was sick last week with the stomach bug. Now I'm just waiting for DH or I to get it.

I've been browsing a lot of baby clothes. I am being bad and I'm pretty set on it being a girl. I need to wait till it is confirmed!! It has been different, this time, though. I know that can mean nothing, though. What is different is I don't crave dairy products, I crave sweets and fresh food, baby is measuring right on track instead of ahead, and I've had a lot of nausea which I never had before with the boys. Time will tell!

Weather here is nasty. Waiting to see if we are going to have a tornado siren go off today. It is quite ominous out! They said the storms that are coming through are producing tornado favorable conditions. Right now it's dying down, but more are going to be forming.

Sorry for the rambling! I just want to try to get a bit more active here! I don't want to flood FB with my life story, but use to doing it here :haha: Plus the few that aren't on FB I want to be involved with!

Rachel...yes. I also hate hate hate when people insist on finding out if I prefer a girl or a boy. They just are never satisfied with my answer of “I really don’t care either way. I’m just praying for a healthy baby and either would be wonderful.” They always have to go “But if you HAD to pick...” Guess what...I don’t have to pick and I can’t pick. I want a baby. The end. Ugh!

AliJo...I’m just starting to get a bump. I started teaching again for the school year and told my Spanish 3 classes the “big secret” in Spanish knowing that the juicy gossip would make its rounds and everyone in the building would know by the end of the day 😂 Worked. Haha. Had to tell because it’s looking kind of obvious! Sorry your boys have been sick 😕 I’ve had a cold all week (back to school germs) and it’s makinf my lack of energy even more noticeable.

As for me...gender/anatomy scan booked for October 10th...the day before DH’s birthday! We are very excited to find out and hopefully settle on a name 😊

Gender scan on 28th Sept here and gender reveal party on 30th. Gonna be a tough two days! My sister's gonna be winding me up so much xD

Ama - I'm excited to see your scan!!

That's great that you're getting a bump! I look more bloated than anything. If my bladder is full and I'm laying down there is definitely a bump :haha: Otherwise it's hiding pretty well.

Naf - Everyone getting dates!! I wish I had mine. I might after the 14th. That's my next OB appointment so maybe he will have it ordered then. Hoping to get that early one from my dad because I can't convince myself to spend the money.

AFM - I'm starting to feel movement regularly. Every day at least a couple of times a day. Definitely has helped me calm down some!

Heartburn is getting worse. I was given something for it.. he told me to take it at bedtime, but it wears off before the next time bedtime rolls around. Going to see if I can take it in the morning. I'm probably going to start anyways and if he says no then switch back. I know you can take it in the morning. He may just give me something else on top of it.

My oldest is feeling a little better. His swelling went down but it is still there. Isn't eating much still.

Just catching up on how everyone is doing in here.

I've not got a real bump, just growing out of pants already and starting to get some maternity items in. We're not telling people for a few more weeks / month yet so trying to hide things.

I had my nipt blood test on Saturday, so this week is the waiting game to find out if all is ok with those thing as well as knowing what the gender is. I'm anxious, nervous and excited! I've also booked in my NT scan for 20th September, I'll be almost 13 weeks by then.

Today is my due date for the loss we had earlier in the year. Although I am sad, I don't feel as awful as I would have had we not had this bubba on the way.

Ali-Jo - what are you taking for your heartburn? I take Losec every day and if I need something extra I have over the counter chewy antacid (Quik-Eze). I've had reflux and heartburn all my life.... ugh!

I hope everyone else is doing well. xx

Zantac, generic name is ranitidine. Suppose to take it at bedtime and it's 300 mg. Heartburn returns about 3 pm every day. I have tums, but they don't work very long.

I've had it off and on in my life. Started to get it again before I got pregnant, but of course it's getting worse with pregnancy.

Zantac, generic name is ranitidine. Suppose to take it at bedtime and it's 300 mg. Heartburn returns about 3 pm every day. I have tums, but they don't work very long.

I've had it off and on in my life. Started to get it again before I got pregnant, but of course it's getting worse with pregnancy.

Zantac / Ranitidine did nothing for me. I used to be on Nexium but that isn't completely safe in pregnancy (depending on who you talk to). You could ask to try Losec (Omeprazole is the generic name) if it is available where you are. I went on 20mg per day when I was pregnant with DS2, I've been using it ever since. I also have triggers though, anything that's really tomatoey, or has pastry, also too much garlic, so I try to not overdo it on those things. Such a literal pain isnt it?

Ive updated on facebook as well, baby is doing very well measuring 10+3 right on where baby should be. Get to see baby in 2 weeks again for the nt scan... yay. Heartbeat today was 179 already

I had my 12w scan today but sadly I can’t share the best news with all of you.
We had a vanishing twin, one of both babies measured only 8+3 with no heartbeat. He/she lies on top of our healthy baby so I probably won’t have any blood loss and he/she will stay there until I give birth..
I cried so much luckely I had hubby there to hold my hand and tell me we should not only be sad but also be happy our other baby is doing great and looks absolutely fine. And that’s what I’m trying to focus on right now even though it’s really hard we had five weeks of dreaming and hoping and getting ideas for twin strollers, bedrooms, ..

I hope the rest of you are all doing fine <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->