March Marvels 2019

I'm so sorry Marv.. I'm so happy that one of your babies is doing well. It definitely won't stop the heartbreak for the one you lost. For now it will be your little angel watching over their sibling to see them born into the world. Twins are always there for each other one way or another.

Poppie - It works for me to an extent, but obviously is already starting to fail me. My next appointment is the 14th so I'll make sure to bring it up. I don't know what my triggers are. Probably anything acidic, but my diet has been crap so I really don't know. I'm probably not eating enough. :dohh:

Nita - Love seeing the updates!

AFM - I booked a private ultrasound! Will be seeing baby again on the 16th. So excited that we may finally know what little one will be!

i am so sorry Marv, this is a hard situation but if u can focus on the healthy baby who needs you to be okay.

I just posted on the FB group:
My obs phoned with my NIPT test results tonight. Thankfully all is well with those and we found out we're going to have little boy #3.

Poppie what a great news that your baby’s health is looking absolutely fine and that you’ll welcome another baby boy! Congratulations!

So sorry marv.

Congratson team blue poppie!!

I agree bnb is a nicer community than others imo. Sorry I'm not very active on here. Been a lot going on at work and just got back from vacation yesterday.

Officially 2nd tri now!! Woot woot and I'll be starting makena in about 2 weeks as I was able to get copay assistance.

Flue - So glad you got copay assistance!! It's still mind boggling to me how healthcare systems work around here. I wish I never had to worry whether or not I would be able to afford my child being sick or something happening to DH or me and putting us out of everything we own.

I actually caught a bit of a break. I have double insurance now. Already saved me 250 dollars!!! That's how much my ultrasound at the hospital cost me AFTER insurance. So crazy...

AFM - Not much right now. My weight has jump a bit and it's bothering me. I am really trying to watch it. I don't want to gain much. Might be water weight, but still.

One week till we know what we're having (if baby cooperates). I'm so excited to take the boys. I think my oldest will love the experience. My youngest will probably point and say "Baby!" over and over. :haha:

I'm excited to see the numbers start coming in for boy vs. girls. Still have awhile.. I know many of us are still not in 2nd tri yet. I'm keeping tabs on the front.

Insurance around the world confuses me too.
Here in Australia we have Private Health Insurance, which you decide whether or not you pay into. If you don't by age 30, you get taxed more. You can have different levels of cover for different things. We have the Top Hospital cover and Top Extras (extras like Chiropractor etc) and when it comes to pregnancy, you are covered for everything in the hospital, so it's super lovely as you have your own room, often double bed, really nice food etc and my hospital offers you (all being well) to be transferred to a suite at the Park Hyatt Hotel for 2 nights, which is just devine! However, to have the private hospital and everything, you have to have a private Obstetrician and you get no rebate through private health insurance for consultations or the scans and things that you go for. You do get Medicare rebates, which for example, my 13 week scan will be $220, and I'll get about $57 of that rebated. So it's something, but still lots extra even if you've already paid into your insurance.

That almost seems mind boggling to me Poppie. I just haven't heard of it like that. I basically have to hit my deductible of 3,000 before they pay 100%. I pay over 300 a month for insurance for just me so it really adds up. It will reset at the beginning of the year so basically I have to have 3k ready to pay off giving birth. Makes me want to just stay home and do it by myself! :haha:

I applied for state insurance, though. Not all state insurances would cover me, but ours is expanded. So if we make below 300% of the poverty level I qualify. They count us as a family of 5 so we just barely do. It'll save us quite a bit of money in the long run. I will keep my private insurance, though. That way I'm not taking as much from the state. Once I give birth they stop covering me after 2 months. I'll probably be without insurance at that time. I just don't see me going back to work full time with a new baby at home. We'll see.

Both of those are confusing for me.. Only thing we pay for is prescriptions and that's like £8(?) now, and dental work. But if you're pregnant you don't pay for either

Wow you ladies really have confusing medicals! We don't have insurance but rather medical aid - basic plans cover emergencies and the more expensive plans cover emergencies and other benefits. I have a plan somewhere in the middle, I pay around 1/3 of my salary for it though but covers most of my expenses, I have to pay in here and there and then planned surgery,etc. aren't covered. Like 90% of my maternity costs are covered. With people who have chronic diseases and HIV you pay around 4 times what I do, but then everything is paid, my mom and dad are on these plans as my dad has diabetes, and last year my mom had to go in for 2 heart operations which cost 300,000 rand (this is around 3 times more than I earn in a year) and it was all covered.

Wow ladies we give out about our free medical services but it's can be totally free but long waiting lists etc. I pay €170 for private health insurance where I can go to private consultants and hospitals however I didn't get maternity cover. I will get all my care free but it will mean wait in clinics (maybe not I was on crutches last time and was always seen first). The accommodation isn't great 6 in a room but care is great and when I went home midwives called everyday for a week. All woman private or public labour in same individual rooms and even if you pay private your not guaranteed a private room. I couldn't imagine stressing about how to pay for delivery and medical care after.

Crown - Are you in Canada? Sounds like Canada to me. When I mention Canada as a "it works" point. People go off saying how they have to wait and blah blah blah. I always stand by it. It's not like you guys wait if you're dying. You have to wait for none urgent/emergent situations. Just like we do in a busy ER where people often go to get free healthcare that just piles bills on them that they don't pay. They can't turn you away. These are what people resort to when they don't have insurance because they need healthcare, but can't afford it. ER bills are outrageous. Just like the billing system over here. It's insane.. some simple things like having a sterile 2x2 piece of gauze is like 5 to 10 dollars. This is what a private owned medical system brought us to.

Insurance over here is expensive, the hospitals are expensive. I make decent money but after taxes and insurance it's pretty much used up what I would have left after bills. Maybe one day my country will be okay with helping others and not acting greedy.

AFM - Brighter side of things.. my oldest baby is 4 tomorrow!! :cry: I just can't hardly believe it. Years are going by too fast. He's changed so much! Just in the last year itself. I couldn't be happier with him. He's such a kind loving child. I hope he always stay so level because as it goes now he is a great example to his little brother!

AjiJo I'm actually in Ireland but I was in Canada until I was 28 weeks pregnant last time. We give out about healthcare but at least we can have our babies without a huge cost esp if anything goes wrong.

Our insurance in the us is so expensive and you have to pay thousands of dollars into it before they cover your bills fully. So it's pretty much just there in case you get hit by a bus? We have to pay for everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->