March Marvels 2019

Thanks Ali, will PM you if that's alright as I'm not sure how often the other ladies venture on.
We don't plan on finding out. There is something amazing about being surprised at delivery...kind of something to work for as well.
Congrats on your sweet girl :pink:

Hi!
I give it to you ladies not finding out, I've been wanting to find out since I found out there was a baby there 😂 but my SIL didn't find out and she said it was amazing finding out after you've had them!
Did you find out the gender for any of your other children?

Congrats on the twins busytulip! Enjoy this great experience :hugs:

I’m like Rachel I couldn’t not find out what the gender is! My mom never wanted to know what we were going to be but I’m just way too curious. I think I’m also feeling this way since it’s our first and everything is so new. It must be great finding out when giving birth but I really want to start shopping boys or girls clothes right now :blush:

I’m like Rachel I couldn’t not find out what the gender is! My mom never wanted to know what we were going to be but I’m just way too curious. I think I’m also feeling this way since it’s our first and everything is so new. It must be great finding out when giving birth but I really want to start shopping boys or girls clothes right now :blush:

That's partially why I want to find out, I can't wait until I can shop for boys or girls haha. I haven't really found any unisex clothes I like around here x

That's partially why I want to find out, I can't wait until I can shop for boys or girls haha. I haven't really found any unisex clothes I like around here x

It’s really the same out here! I found two cute pyjamas at the beginning of my pregnancy but that’s it! I was at Zara today and they have the most beautiful baby clothes there, unfortunately I found everything was very distinctly boy or girl even when it was white or grey so I could just look at those cute clothes and not buy anything. I think my wallet is going to suffer a lot when we’ll find out if it’s a boy or a girl :haha:

I'm just back from 14 week scan, baby looked great chilling out hands behind head.

Hi!
I give it to you ladies not finding out, I've been wanting to find out since I found out there was a baby there 😂 but my SIL didn't find out and she said it was amazing finding out after you've had them!
Did you find out the gender for any of your other children?

I’m so torn over this... this is our third and we’ve got one of each so we really wanted to wait until birth to see what our tie breaker is!!!

However, my only sister is newly pregnant with her first and we ALWAYS wanted kids close. This is a dream come true really as she is due in May. This for some reason makes waiting sound unappealing, I want to KNOW!!!

With that being said.... I feel like I can involve my kids more intimately if we know (7&4) since they’re old enough to really understand. They really want to know now.

I just don’t know!!! We have a gender scan scheduled for 10/06/18 (16w3d), but part of me wants to cancel it. The other part is DYING to know.

What do we do?!

CC - I think you should have the scan but have the person doing it put it in an envelope. Then you can wait or you can find out when you are ready.

Then again that might make it harder.

Only you will know what you want to do! I don't think you will regret it either way.

Welcome, busy!!

As far as being team yellow. Not for me or DH. Much kudos that those that do. I can only imagine how exciting it is after going through lavor and delivery :)

Sorry I'm a poor poster on here. Just want to say happy 2nd tri to everyone and let it be known I've not abandoned this thread. Work is just chaotic for the moment.

Marvstee- I don't think I'll look at my bank account balance for a while after Saturday.. Ignorance is bliss and all that 😂 I'm hoping it a boy as I have no boys clothing and it means I get to go proper baby clothes shopping 😬 Sam doesn't understand why I WANT to spend money, but he doesn't understand the enjoyment I get from baby clothes shopping haha, especially after being told Niamh would be it and I couldn't have anymore (Dr's said not Sam) so this is like a dream come true that I get to shop for those again!

Crown - Great to hear baby is going good!

CC - I'll always say find out.. It's like when others were testing I was always telling them to take another one.. I've gone from POAS addict to Finding out the gender addict haha. I think you need to think if you'll regret not waiting. That's why I booked an early one because I knew I'd regret not finding out and getting some paper hard copies of the baby (at the hospital they don't give out hard copies anymore just downloads) so I booked it :)

Just looked at the first page to see where we are with the ratio and its 5-5 atm so unless someone has a scan today or Friday I'll be the tie breaker for now 😂

Crown- I’m so happy to hear that baby is doing great!

CC- I’m following Ali’s opinion, I think you should do the scan (it’s always a great moment to see baby) but I’d ask to write it down and think it through with your DH. From what I can read you really want the surprise since you already have both and I think it would be an amazing experience so in your case I wouldn’t find out the gender just because your sister is pregnant. Whatever the gender of your baby they will be so close anyways! So i would go to the scan just to have another sneak peek at baby but not to find out the gender! I hope it helps & you know just listen to what you really want and you won’t regret it either way!

Flueky- When do you plan on finding out? Are you doing an extra ultrasound or waiting until 20 weeks? I hope everything will go back to normal at work soon!

Rachel- I really love the way we’re thinking the same haha! I’m already just super happy and smiling when I’m at a store watching baby clothes so I can’t imagine what it’s going to be like when I can actually buy all these cute clothes ! I’m so sorry to hear that you were told by your doctor you wouldn’t have another so I understand it all even more! It is indeed a dream come true and a blessing so you should enjoy it!

After much contemplation we have decided to stick this one out and wait until birth!!:juggle::juggle: Not sure what I'm to do with myself. :haha:

thanks ladies xx

CC - Now I have to wait?! :haha: I'm glad you came to a decision! It will be fun!! I wanted to wait to find out if we had one of each at least. Well now that this one is a girl that is an option for next baby. I honestly don't think I can wait still! We'll see when the time comes.

Rachel - I'm eager to know!!!

Flue - I don't think I can wait either. I'm too eager to spend money on baby items!

AFM - Not much going on at the moment. About to do my gender/pregnancy reveal. Hopefully my boys actually cooperate! I'm going to see if I can get it set up tonight.. if not it'll be tomorrow.

I actually posted last night. I'm going to find out at my anatomy scan at 19+2. As much as I may have wanted to to I just couldn't justify the spending. I am doing one at probably 26 weeks for 3d/4d. I did one then with dd ad they were amazing. I had it again at 28 weeks and she kept burying her head into my hip bone. The pics were so bad she tried again for free at 30 weeks.

Ali, I'm telling you. We didn't even have her nursery finished when she came. Thankfully, I'd washed all her small size outfits. However, we needed NB size as we had only 3 as she was to be a big baby. The whole point is I hate not being prepared and I dislike gender neutral clothes. Baby gear is fine as gender neutral though.

Sorry it's taken so long to pop back on. Busy end of the week and still getting used to the updated site.

Thank you Marvstee your warm welcome means a great deal. I was holding my breath each time any other twin mumma was posting. My 3 (nearly 4) year old is a surviving twin. The roller coaster of emotions is hard to explain to anyone that hasn't been through it, even now :hugs:

Rachel we've never found out gender until delivery with any of ours. We just really love the surprise of it all. Very few things left in this world are like that. I do think it would be really neat to have a gender reveal sort of thing and purchase clothing items and what not geared towards pink or blue, but I'm okay living vicariously through others in that way.

And yes, unisex items are hard finds!

Ahhh crow, that's brilliant! Glad LO was doing great

Oooh hard call CC, good luck holding out!

Flueky I hope works slows down for you soon. Hopefully LO isn't too shy at your scan so that you're able to get a good peek then. I've not ever had a 3d/4d scan they look amazing though.

Nafreteli is your scan tomorrow hun? So exciting!!

Sorry it's taken so long to pop back on. Busy end of the week and still getting used to the updated site.

Thank you Marvstee your warm welcome means a great deal. I was holding my breath each time any other twin mumma was posting. My 3 (nearly 4) year old is a surviving twin. The roller coaster of emotions is hard to explain to anyone that hasn't been through it, even now :hugs:

Rachel we've never found out gender until delivery with any of ours. We just really love the surprise of it all. Very few things left in this world are like that. I do think it would be really neat to have a gender reveal sort of thing and purchase clothing items and what not geared towards pink or blue, but I'm okay living vicariously through others in that way.

And yes, unisex items are hard finds!

Ahhh crow, that's brilliant! Glad LO was doing great

Oooh hard call CC, good luck holding out!

Flueky I hope works slows down for you soon. Hopefully LO isn't too shy at your scan so that you're able to get a good peek then. I've not ever had a 3d/4d scan they look amazing though.

Nafreteli is your scan tomorrow hun? So exciting!!

It is indeed a heavy rollercoaster but we’re trying to deal with it in the best way that is possible. It’s still hard but thankfully we’ve got to the point where there are more good than bad days. We’re still happy having one baby. It’s just giving up that idea of twins that you’ve dreamed of for weeks.. do your kids know about the twin you lost? Or do you plan on telling? I’m finding it hard to think about that. I bought two sets of clothes for twins when we still thought we would have them but now I’ve stored them in a beautiful box. I’m also finding it hard to think that one day we’ll go to a scan and find out he has vanished like he had never existed..

I hope everything is going well with the pregnancy so far!

We did tell the other kids that we'd lost a twin, but we waited until after J was born. She also knows that she is a twin.
She was born with a small birthmark in the shape of a kiss on her forehead and we tell her that was B's way of saying goodbye and that they'll always be together
It helped me to learn that traces of DNA from any baby that you carry remains in your system...like you'll carry them forever. <3
Congrats on your :blue: bundle!!!

Normal aches and pains here but really just in awe and disbelief that things are going well

Congrats on your boy marv!!!

We found out we are having a girl this time! Now must buy pink stuff lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"