March Marvels 2019

Congrats Autumnal! Girly things are so easy to find and spend loads on :blush:

Hope everyone is well!

Oh great to see everyone finding out what they are having , I can't wait but have another 5 weeks to wait unless I at a private scan.

For everyone not on the Facebook group!
We found out we're having a boy!
Trying to calm down with buying clothes haha

Really struggling with anxiety this pregnancy, can't seem to enjoy it hoping that once baby is bigger and movements are stronger I'll start enjoying it more

Thanks ladies!!!
So true that it's easy to spend a fortune, I've already got a sewing project and a knit on the go for her.

Congrats on the boy Rachel!

I'm sorry you have to wait so long crownest :( hope it goes by quickly for you

Congrats again Rachel! I still wrestle with feeling like this pregnancy isn't 'real', at least not in the way that at some point I'll be bringing home a baby/babies. I'm sorry you are worrying as well :hugs:

Agh crownest, you've got this. Will you just ask to know immediately at your scan or will you plan some sort of secretive gender reveal? Those seem to be gaining popularity (though I think mainly in the states).

Thanks for saying so Flueky. She is such a treasure to me. It honestly has caused me some worry about how she'll feel if/when she's older and understands that part of her is missing. Especially is she has a set of twin siblings. I hope she doesn't ever feel a void.

I had an OB appt today. Both babies look fantastic and we confirmed that they are Di/Di twins, which is wonderful because it's the least risk. Gaining weight is proving difficult though, which is one of my big worries.

How is everyone feeling?

Hi busy I will just ask but I am thinking of a fun way to tell family. My niece is in tge states would love a girl so I was thinking of getting her to make 2 signs and then posting it on family page. The family page includes all my in-laws and my mother they call it DS fan club

I'm so irritated - here in the US they constantly badger us to go get a flu shot and I went to do ours and my pharmacy will only do it for kids over 12! And I called his pediatrician and they don't have it yet. If they are going to make a big deal out of how important it is why is it so hard to get?

How fun for your niece crow and I think that would be a lovely way to announce to everyone else

Thank you autumnal. I'm sorry, that sounds really irritating. I think it was a couple of years ago that there was a huge shortage of vaccines as I remember we were only giving it to the elderly and pregnant ladies. I wonder if it is just down to that? It's quite early in the flu season so perhaps they don't have their starting shipments yet and are choosing to innoculate at risk categories first?
Either way, it's annoying I'm sure. Will your pediatrician's office call once they have availability? Hopefully you'll be able to get the vaccine soon if that's your desire.

Not feeling well today. Had some light spotting and a crampy pelvis. DH offered to stay home with me, but I really think rest and fluids will go a long way. It was a busy weekend and I was up on my feet and doing a lot of strenuous activity. Our minibus became stuck in a muddy field. DH wasn't with me. I was alone with my 14, 12 and 1 year old. I had my 14 year old 'driving' while I tried to push our van out of the mud and worked to get something set up under the tires to try and get some traction. Obviously it was futile and I ended up calling for a winch. It took 2 trucks to get us out. Our basement also leaks when it rains and that requires constant attention and clean-up whenever it rains, so I spent several hours emptying buckets and picking up wet towels. Just a lot of repetitive heavy lifting and bending over. It's no wonder really. Have my feet up now and won't be doing anything extraordinary today.

Ooh sounds like you had a strenuous weekend, I hope you feel better soon! your DH is sweet for offering to stay home.

Thanks, yeah I'm supposed to go in later this week to get it. It's just irritating because I am really busy except for today so it would have been nice to get it done lol

Hope everyone is doing well! Any news from anyone not on the Facebook group?

Not much is happening with me at the moment, got my 20 week scan on Saturday then not much is happening until 28 weeks so not much to tell!

Ali can you change my edd to 3/9? My OB went by lmp instead of O date which matched my dating scan. 3 days isn't a huge difference though.

Found out Monday we are expecting another girl. I was a bit disappointed I possibly won't have a son. This may be our last. I've come around more and geting excited for her arrival though.

Flu shot. Got mine a week ago from work as it's required. I'm thinking of asking DH to get one too. We'll see.

Busy that's scary. I hope the spotting has stopped.

Rachel hope you get great news at your scan!!

Being in England I thought that was 3rd September, I got so confused
I was like that when she said it was a boy, I kind of wanted another girl because I know what to do with girls and I just feel like I won't bond as well with a boy, also my OH wanted a girl so. But I think the more boys things I see and the closer we get I'm getting excited. Think OH is still disappointed even though he won't say it as its gone from "two is enough" to "we might try for a third"
I'm surprised they haven't sent me a letter about the flu shot yet, especially as I have asthma but I was told by the midwife and doctor I would get a letter when I was due it so ‍♀️
I keep getting reality checks in my head that actually something could go wrong at the scan but I'm trying to stay positive

I was a little disappointed too when I found out #2 is a girl because I pictured my son having a little brother. It went away though.

Wishing you a lovely scan and a wonderful report on baby Rachel

Thank you Flueky, no more bleeds thankfully. Hope you've not had any ill effects from the flu vaccine.

Happy 18 weeks autumnal!

This past week my DH has been working in the hospital where we'll most likely be giving birth. They have begun a program for expecting mothers where you are partnered with a nurse and she walks you through your care from filling out paperwork, scheduling a tour and classes (parenting/labor/etc), filling out a birth plan, and so on. He was able to speak with one of the nurses that you could be matched with and she gave him her info to pass on to me. I've been having a lot of anxiety and worry over the possibility of a c-section being forced on me when it's not needed (ie: Baby A is born vaginally but baby B flips bum first-not all OB's perform breech deliveries) and DH shared that with her. She said to give her a call as she had a few docs in mind to refer me to that would be willing to attempt a vaginal birth.
It sounds like a neat program and a phone call never hurt anyone. Would be nice to know if I have more options than what I feel limited to atm.
How is everyone feeling?

Feeling decent here, just massive :haha: and I've still get a looooong way to go :shy:

Oh that sounds like wonderful luck that you were able to get her number. I think getting a more experienced/confident OB for your twins sounds like a really smart idea.

I'm feeling good generally but sometimes have migraines. How about you? I have gained twice as much weight so far as with my son because I have been so sick and eating poorly whatever will stay down. I feel bad about my weight and appearance but I

Know it will go away.

Omg I really do not like the new forum layout. I can't edit anything, can't reply half the time and it keeps crashing

I feel like I haven't been getting alerts for this thread all the time!

I think I have the front updated. I think..

Autumn - I get it, but try not to beat yourself up over it! You'll only be pregnant with this little one once. Might as well not fret over something you can fix later!

I'm sorry about the migraines.. I never have had one. Well, I think I had a "silent" one once.. but that was just an odd experience!

Busy - Sounds like a wonderful program! Wish more places did things like that. They can ask you if you have any questions all they want in the office, but it is hard to come up with the right questions sometimes. You don't know you have many of them till you're in the labor room and by then you just can't care to ask! I think the walk through while paired with a nurse will be beneficial!

AFM - I'm feeling pretty crummy. My back went out of place doing one of the most basic things in your life. So I'm trying to recover from that. I got off work early today so hopefully I can get to feeling better.

Pregnancy wise.. this girl is kicking my butt! I'm sooo tired all the time which makes it super hard to focus at work and stay up to gear. Also having quite a few dizzy spells and getting out of breath very easily. Makes me terrified of the 3rd tri!

I did drop down my hours, but I do feel I can get enough and extra if need be. Can always pick back up if I feel better, but I need a change right now.

Is anyone doing anything for Halloween? We are taking the boys to Night Eyes, which is a walk that the zoo near by does. I would like to take them to a place in town tomorrow as well. Then going trick or treating on Halloween.

Then the next day my niece should be born!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->