March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

My condolences Dawn <3

As for names we have only came up with our girls name. Her name will be Serena. I have no idea about boys names, can't even look at them :haha: Not sure if we will be able to pick a boys name.

As for work clothing, I was always told to buy the size that you are prepg. I too much rather have the over the belly pants and jeans. I found the ones that went under the belly put too much pressure on me. The over the belly ones are also adjustable so you can put them how ever you feel most comfortable, under, mid and above belly.

I am having a pretty crappy day today....Weird how I am feeling so crappy now.

Sorry for your loss, dawn! :hugs:

We had Keira picked for a girl at first but DH wants to continue looking. Got nothing for a boy, DH wants weird names. I wish he would let me use Hunter :(

I actually just bought new work clothes today - I start my new job tomorrow so I needed new professional clothing as I already need new clothes around my belly, anyway. Pants are weird on me in pregnancy. They fit everywhere else but my belly and lower hip area. Some women I know have worn their normal pants their entire pregnancy or at least only had to go up a size or 2. I need to go up like 3-4 sizes because of my hips (but everywhere else is baggy :wacko: ) I love maternity pants for that reason!!

Ugh. The worst insomnia. Out of nowhere too.

I've been sleeping pretty well and now tonight I have just been unable to fall asleep...which wouldn't be a problem if being awake longer than normal didn't mean that I was going to be super nauseous and unable to find anything that didn't make my stomach churn. Lol.

This sucks.

I thought that nausea was supposed to be gone by now, not increasing in amount and frequency! Ha ha ha

Thanks for your condolences. I had a rubbish nights sleep last night unsurprisingly.

In terms of names we love Noah or Elijah for a boy. I also like Tobias but don't like the idea of it being shortened to Toby. I'm not overly keen on names that can be shortened
For a girl we like Arya but not sure if it's too unusual. We like Ciara, Elsie, Imogen but no girl names we absolutely love or feel settled on xxxx

Dawn- sorry for you loss :hugs:

So far we've only talked about boys' names. DH likes Ben (Benjamin) which I like too, so that's on the short list. I like Eddie (Edward) after my grandfather but DH isn't convinced. For girls my two favourites right now are Josephine (Josie) or Imogen. I think DH likes Daisy, which I'm not keen on, but we still have to discuss names properly.

Most of my clothes are able to stretch for awhile. I wear a lot of dresses that are stretchy or have high waists, and also leggings and jeggings. I don't want to stretch all my normal clothes out though just because I can still fit in them once I have a bump!

Welcome Qmama79 and harveygirl!
Congrats stuckinoki on team pink and jbell on team blue :happydance:
Lily, our 20 week scans are on the same day! What time is yours? Mine is 9am :)
Dawn i'm so sorry for your loss, thinking of you :hugs:
mewolkens, i've always bought my pre-pregnancy size in maternity clothes and that's fitted me fine until delivery. I'm plus size though and don't seem to gain much weight in pregnancy, despite having large babies, so quite a lot of my normal clothes like dresses and tops have fitted through pregnancy in the past aswell.
As for names we have Dominic or Zachary for a boy and for a girl I like Juliet, Judith, Ramona and Peyton (sounds odd with a British accent though imo...) OH has totally different taste in girls names though and hardly likes anything I suggest :dohh:

Ugh. The worst insomnia. Out of nowhere too.

I've been sleeping pretty well and now tonight I have just been unable to fall asleep...which wouldn't be a problem if being awake longer than normal didn't mean that I was going to be super nauseous and unable to find anything that didn't make my stomach churn. Lol.

This sucks.

I thought that nausea was supposed to be gone by now, not increasing in amount and frequency! Ha ha ha

I am 100% in agreement with you in regards to the nausea! It's like it's suddenly getting WORSE! UGH!!!! Didn't have to deal with this when I was pregnant with DD. So sick of feeling sick!!! Hope you feel better soon! :flower:

Thanks for your condolences. I had a rubbish nights sleep last night unsurprisingly.

In terms of names we love Noah or Elijah for a boy. I also like Tobias but don't like the idea of it being shortened to Toby. I'm not overly keen on names that can be shortened
For a girl we like Arya but not sure if it's too unusual. We like Ciara, Elsie, Imogen but no girl names we absolutely love or feel settled on xxxx

I LOVE Aria! I considered that one myself, but my only "thing" about that name is the Game of Thrones connotations. That would be my only issue with Tobias too - because Divergent is so popular right now. But they're both lovely names :thumbup:

Maybe you can take a nap today?? :hugs:

Welcome Harveygirl! :wave: :flower:

Dawn I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs:

As far as names go we have Thea Denise picked out for a girl but we don't have any boy names considered at all.

Dawn so sorry for your loss:hugs:

We have Michael for a boy and Michelle for a girl...although my dd has picked the name "baby pickle"...she really likes pickels:dohh:

Sorry to hear your news Dawn, I did some research on grief and baby and what I found was that it's better for you both to experience it all fully, rather than bottle it up and try to be strong. Not wanting this to sound preachy, but rather to reassure that you're not going to hurt anything by feeling all these emotions.

We've got no names, I'm honestly not sure what it will be if it's a boy, girls names we've just not looked at because I like too many!

Baby browsing again for us today, thought we were set on the Oyster 2 pushchair, but today I saw the Sola 2, now I am so, so torn! I know it's early to be doing this, but it's fun and exciting, plus best to be ahead ready for offers and sales!

Thank you mama duck xxxxx
I have found myself crying on and off today, but trying to hold it in a bit for the sake of Isaac, he is soon to be 3 but really we haven't told him properly yet. Daddy told him mummy will be sad because great nanna doesn't live at home anymore, Isaac asked no more questions so for now we will leave it at that.
We have been trying to do practical things today in terms of funeral organisation. We are on holiday next week (been booked a year), mum agrees we should still go and I think I really need it now.
I'm trying to look after me and baby emotionally and feel as ok as I can, I just need some sleep, probably only had about 7 full hours across two nights.

Thank you all for your lovely support, I really appreciate it x x x x

Wow, lots of lovely names.

Think we are set on Oscar for a boy or Alaiya for a girl.

Buttercup, my scan isn't til 4:00pm on the 14th so you will be first! Will have to be all day at work counting minutes!!

Mama Duck, I like both the prams you mentioned. Want to go look at the weekend and see what fits in the yaris. Then maybe wait til January sales to buy.

Dawn, so sorry for your loss. Hugs your way.

Dawn my thoughts are with you and your family :hugs:

I got my results back for my 12 week scan and combined test. It was low risk at 1 in 37000!!

There are lots of lovely names here. We don't really have our hearts set on a boys name yet, OH cant think of any names he likes at all for boys.. so if anyone has any suggestions it would be nice. However for a boy I like, Charlie, Jacob, or Archie.

And for a girl me and OH like Chloe. But OH has his heart set on a first name and middle name for a girl... Chloe Elizabeth :wacko: :haha:

But I also like, Holly/Hollie I'm struggling with names :dohh: :(

Dawn I'm sorry for your loss.

I second the game of thrones reference for Arya. It's lovely but you might get a lot of comments.

It seems like we all have similar taste. For names I like Theo, Benjamin, or Sawyer. I also like Zachary and William but we have too many family members with those names. DH hates all my choices except the two we can't use. We are pretty clueless. I'm a teacher and all these names remind me of a kid.

We got Arya as an idea from watching game of thrones :haha: :haha: lol but your right lots of people may think it's too weird or lots of game of thrones comments.
I wonder if it's harder to choose a name when your trying to see how it sounds with your first child's name? I sort of think for example Isaac and I don't know erm Wayne (as an example).don't go but Isaac and then Noah (in my mind go ok), probably stupidly over thinking things lol.

Hubby likes Ariadne (ari-ad-knee) pronunciation, it's growing on me lol

I recently moved Clara up to a top girls' choice. No idea what DH thinks of it though!

We had our Harmony scan and blood test yesterday. Everything looked good on the scan and he said the heartbeat was good (154) with a good rhythm. There was a lot of movement- even fingers! The scan photos weren't as clear as last time though. We have to wait now for up to 2 weeks for the blood test results. We told the Dr we didn't want to know the sex from the Harmony test, so still Team Yellow!

So many lovely names.

I'm afraid my imagination is not that creative as far as names are concerned, I am really struggling to find just one name for each gender that I like, find nice, or stands out to me. Every name I see I think either no or meh.... :shrug: As bad as OH at the moment and I wasn't in the early weeks.

Sarahlou Don't worry if nothing is coming to you yet. You have tons of time to figure out a list. My second we could agree at all, actually even my third for that matter. Both didn't have a name until after the birth. My second was without for almost a week. I am sure you will be fine. Just be easy on yourself.

We got Arya as an idea from watching game of thrones :haha: :haha: lol but your right lots of people may think it's too weird or lots of game of thrones comments.
I wonder if it's harder to choose a name when your trying to see how it sounds with your first child's name? I sort of think for example Isaac and I don't know erm Wayne (as an example).don't go but Isaac and then Noah (in my mind go ok), probably stupidly over thinking things lol.

Hubby likes Ariadne (ari-ad-knee) pronunciation, it's growing on me lol

YES! I agree about the first child's name thing! DD is Madelyn (Maddy for short). I also like Madeline & Adelyn (but of course, way too similar). Even considered Ava with Lynn for a middle name (Ava Lynn) and I'm afraid that's too similar... Madelyn Grace with Ava Lynn? :shrug: I'd like Ava Rose, but DH likes Ava Marie. We have WAYYYY too many people in our family with the middle name Marie! Anyway, we'll see.... Still hoping baby is a boy, and we won't even have to hash out the girl name :winkwink: Is it bad that I feel guilty for saying that?? I'm sure I'll still be over the moon if it's a girl...

As for Ariadne, VERY different - never heard of it before! But I think it's cute :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->