March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

I also go through periods that I don't notice either....specially since I don't feel anything....but as soon as I hug DH or my LO tries to sit on my lap I can tell. My belly is starting to get in the way

Yes, not feeling very pregnant although more than a tiny bump now and constantly hungry!

2 wks until 20 wk scan. Eep!

I have quite the bump, but am constantly forgetting about it and bashing it on doors and chairs trying to squeeze though gaps I just don't fit through! I think have felt it move though, there have been a few times where I've felt something that didn't seem like gas, only when I've been leaning forward on a table or something though, hope that's what it is :)

My New Due Date Is Now 6th March, <3 Can you change me please x

I'm getting a bump now but I still feel like I just look a bit fatter in the belly than usual to most people (am a UK 18-20 anyway so plus size) I didn't gain any extra weight with DD2's pregnancy so I can't blame it on having 2 pregnancies close together as I was the same size before I had her. I still haven't told many people though I think some of the ladies at our toddler group are starting to suspect but won't ask me outright..! :haha:
My OH has a job interview tomorrow. He's worked at the same place for 12 years, started when he was 18, and has progressed as much as he can but the company structure has changed a lot over the years (as many have of course) and there have recently been redundancies at the level he could get to next so it feels like if he wants to go further the time has come for him to do that somewhere else. Really hope it works out for him, he'd lose his paid paternity leave for after the baby is born but that's not a deal breaker by any means as he can always just take some annual leave instead.
2 weeks til my 20 week scan, eek! Feeling excited now but also a tad emotional as i'm reaching another pregnancy milestone that i'll never get to experience again. Don't get me wrong i'm looking forward to having my family 'complete' and watching all of our children grow up together but it still feels strange to think i've had my last BFP, 12 week scan etc. I think i'm in a hormonal 'reflective' mood today :winkwink:

I'm getting a bump now but I still feel like I just look a bit fatter in the belly than usual to most people (am a UK 18-20 anyway so plus size) I didn't gain any extra weight with DD2's pregnancy so I can't blame it on having 2 pregnancies close together as I was the same size before I had her. I still haven't told many people though I think some of the ladies at our toddler group are starting to suspect but won't ask me outright..! :haha:
My OH has a job interview tomorrow. He's worked at the same place for 12 years, started when he was 18, and has progressed as much as he can but the company structure has changed a lot over the years (as many have of course) and there have recently been redundancies at the level he could get to next so it feels like if he wants to go further the time has come for him to do that somewhere else. Really hope it works out for him, he'd lose his paid paternity leave for after the baby is born but that's not a deal breaker by any means as he can always just take some annual leave instead.
2 weeks til my 20 week scan, eek! Feeling excited now but also a tad emotional as i'm reaching another pregnancy milestone that i'll never get to experience again. Don't get me wrong i'm looking forward to having my family 'complete' and watching all of our children grow up together but it still feels strange to think i've had my last BFP, 12 week scan etc. I think i'm in a hormonal 'reflective' mood today :winkwink:

IMO... never say never :haha: My parents felt "complete" with my brother and sister.... 9 years later, they decided they wanted one more baby. I was 100% planned! My brother was 10 and my sister was 13 when I was born :) Maybe you will end up having another little one someday!

IMO... never say never :haha: My parents felt "complete" with my brother and sister.... 9 years later, they decided they wanted one more baby. I was 100% planned! My brother was 10 and my sister was 13 when I was born :) Maybe you will end up having another little one someday!

If it was up to OH we'd have at least one more, especially if this baby is our third girl :winkwink: I do feel like 3 is the right number for us though, for practical/financial/emotional reasons. I'm 31 now and can't imagine having another one in later years even though I know of quite a few families where that's happened, intentionally or otherwise!

Definite movements from babber this evening, while lying on my back (enjoying while I can) there were some proper little movements. I still think the others were too, but this was much stronger :)

NDH, just added you on FB. We just announced our pregnancy on FB (not that we're having a boy yet though) so I feel a little more comfortable joining both groups you set up - please & thank you!

YAY so glad you got you Jacob!

Mama Bat I know how you feel, my DH keeps telling me that this is our last baby, he doesn't want another one and it's made me an emotional wreck because I haven't decided if I want this to be my last baby or not but I do know that I'm not ready for the emotion that comes with reaching these milestones because they might be the last time I do.

DH felt this LO the other day, he had a nice big grin on his face!

The City Select just went on sale at Pish Posh, you get the second seat free, which is $160.

DH felt this LO the other day, he had a nice big grin on his face!

The City Select just went on sale at Pish Posh, you get the second seat free, which is $160.

Oh how exciting for your DH to have already felt baby!!

I hope I will be able to feel baby soon.

Oh wow- that is so exciting! I haven't even felt a flutter myself yet!

Great news- I just got the results of the Harmony test and all is low risk!

This is our first and we want to try for another one soon after, but I certainly won't be changing my mind about having a 3rd 10 years down the line- I'll be almost 50! :haha:

Hey, my sister had her last one at 44, so it's not like it can't be done!!! :flower:

She had 3 kiddos from a previous marriage (ages 16, 17, 18) and her new husband had 4 kiddos from 2 previous marriages (ages 21, 9, and 7) and now they have a baby together - he is now 1 year old!

I haven't felt anything yet either fezzle. I want to feel kicks so bad!!!

I did use my Doppler this morning and baby was all over the place, I could hear her movement and heartbeat. It was pretty neat.

Just stocking up on hurricane supplies in case it actually comes this way. Got twizzlers and spaghettiO's. All set. Ha ha ha

My dad's hurricane supplies were always cheetos and peanut butter! Good luck!

Kind of glad that we live in the middle of our country....no risk of any hurricanes here!!

I am very tired today. I want to sleep all day....:sleep:

No risk of hurricanes here either, but we do get tornadoes. A few years ago Joplin (only a few hours away from where I live right now) was hit by an F5, it was one of the most devasting natural disasters in US history. Where I grew up flooding was a huge problem, in fact I've been through 2 particularly bad floods in my lifetime though I don't remember the first one (1993, I was only a couple of years old then). I really hope that the hurricane doesn't hit you Stucki!

My mother was another one of those women that decided years later that she wanted another baby. Her youngest at the time (my sister Lily, currently 17) was about 10 years old when my sister Bella (currently 6, turning 7 in December) was born. I think my mom was 34 or 35 when she had Bella. There is actually a possibility that this baby could be born on Lily's birthday, I'm due exactly 1 week before her birthday. It's not likely though since my son came at 38 weeks.

So I am a tad emotional...we transitioned dd to her first big girl bed:cry: I know I will have a new baby soon...but she is still my baby! I am soooo proud that she is doing well (first night was a tad difficult but last night she was super!) This pregnancy is our last. I have always only wanted 2 so I am trying to cherish each part of this pregnancy (which is a bit easier this time around as I have only had minimal MS unlike with dd when I was spewing from start until finish) I am happy for the age gap we will have (dd turns 3 in January and this one is due in March) for me that is an ideal gap as I feel I have had a chance to enjoy the big milestone early stages with dd and she will be old enough to "help" with the baby (she is excited to be mommy and daddy's helper for her baby sibling) she talks so well its been great communicating with her and explaining the upcoming changes. Still...she's my baby and its hard to accept that she is now more of a big girl :sigh: ok emotional rant complete. Hope everyone is well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->