March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

I'm definitely having a growth spurt with my bump, so that makes sense! My line manager told me of a few places at work where I could nap, but I haven't used them yet :haha:

I mostly attribute the tiredness from having to wake up to pee every 2 hours! :loo: So annoying trying to get back in a comfy position to fall back asleep. Plus we have the furnace from hell :devil: that sounds like a jet engine taking off and is 10 feet from my bedroom door

It is also happening to me too, as I seriously could have fallen asleep at 7:30-8pm last two nights. Or just sleep any time during the day.

Bombshell, how are things? Hope you're doing OK :hugs:
bigbelly, fc for no more bleeding! Glad the doc was able to do a small scan for you for reassurance :thumbup:
Mama otter, not long til your gender scan! Sending you pink vibes :flower:
Mama fox, that's a lovely pram :) The Mylo is so funky and I adore the Donna Wilson fabric, i've seen the Urbo in it out and about and the colours/design are lovely and eyecatching :thumbup:
Dawn, really good to hear that your Nanna's funeral did her proud and that you managed to read the Eulogy :hugs:
Yesterday must have been the day for headaches cos I had a whopper of one too, so of course the girls had to be a their very loudest especially my oldest :wacko: We went to Alton Towers (well known UK theme park) on Monday as we got cheap tickets a while back and they had a new children's area which my oldest really enjoyed. I can honestly say I never thought i'd be going to Alton Towers for a children's area rather than the big scary rollercoasters like I usually would! Was a great day but I was paying for it yesterday as I was totally exhausted which I think contributed to my headache :dohh: Feeling better today though :)

Haven't felt LO all day today . I know its way too early for regular movement and I've had a couple of times nothing for a Few days and then the popping is back . Can't wait till its stronger and regular !! I do think there is a growth spurt going on !! My bump appears to be emerging ! :)

Alton Towers sounds fun Mama Bat! Haven't been there for years!

Have a horrible rash on my chest at the mo. Think it is sweat rash :( it's horrible. And won't go away. Clears up a bit at night then flares up when I get hot at work during the day. Very itchy and red. Any tips?

Mama fox, try and make sure you're keeping your chest free of creams during the day, and try and let it breathe as much as you can. Calamine lotion should help soothe it a little too, bit obviously you'll have to weigh up whether it's better to cover it in cream or leave it be. Also, I know the basic anti histamines (loratidine and cetrizine) are supposed to be fairly safe in pregnancy, so perhaps worth speaking to dr/pharmacist about those.

Mama Bat, I love Alton Towers, very jealous, even though it wouldn't be as fun right now

Alton Towers sounds fun Mama Bat! Haven't been there for years!

Have a horrible rash on my chest at the mo. Think it is sweat rash :( it's horrible. And won't go away. Clears up a bit at night then flares up when I get hot at work during the day. Very itchy and red. Any tips?

If you think it's from sweat, go with powder. That should keep you dry & clear it quickly. Good luck!!! I know firsthand that being constantly itchy is AWFUL!!!

Glad everyone is feeling a little better.

Glad it was a funeral to make your nana proud Dawn.

Bella it's a mylo 2 in the Donna wilson Fox design. Love it. So cute and nifty.

Currently trying to find some nice maternity clothes as we are going to Madrid at half term, we are also invited to a dressy party in Nov and work Christmas party too so want a nicer dress to wear to all these events.

Ordered one from Asos which was blue with lace shoulders and when it came it was more a blue lace tent! Horrible! Still searching

Wow!!! You really got a great deal on it! And so cute too! Looks fancy!!

AFM, I've been researching double strollers & sit and stands a bit... Anyone with more than one kiddo want to weigh in on that??

17 weeks today! I felt kicks from the outside for the first time two nights ago after not feeling much movement for a week.

Finally working up the courage to go public and we took some announcement photos on the weekend.

https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/Roshinda/this%20one_zps0dt0pioc.jpg
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/Roshinda/or%20this%20one_zps3o0ljymg.jpg
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/Roshinda/image4_zps3u9i3izn.jpg
[URL=https://s11.photobucket.com/user/Roshinda/media/image5_zpsbka9pahq.jpg.html]https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/Roshinda/image5_zpsbka9pahq.jpg

Mama hen beautiful pictures.

BellaRosa. I'm going to have a bigger age gap than you but my son never really walks anywhere as we live too far from town, nursery and mum and tots for him to walk. We are not bothering with a double but will get a buggy board instead so he can hop on for longer journeys x x

Bella, we have the baby jogger city select to use as a double as dd2 will be 17-18 months and possibly not walking confidently. With dd1 and dd2 (2y9m gap) we used a buggy board which was useful though did make the pram tricky to steer. The sit n stand type strollers are a great idea I think, you don't see them over here often though.

Mama hen those are gorgeous photos, happy announcing :D

Bella, it depends on the age gap, how you wish to use the stroller, how often, etc...I just bought the Baby Jogger City Select with the second seat from amazon for $437. DS will be 23 months when this LO is born, he likes to run away from me and not listen. I live in the DC metro area, in VA and due to the traffic and the occasional metro use, a big, wide or long stroller isn't a good idea on the trains. So, I spent more for the City Select and got the best deal I could. Later, I intend to purchase the stroller board and DS can ride on that and walk when he wants.

Been back in hosp again ladies 😥 woke up this morning with red blood in the bed, in the toilet and when I wiped, went to epu cervix is closed which is good but couldn't scan me! Went to the toilet and nothing when I wee but was when I wiped and pinkish... Drove for miles to get a private scan, saw baby move, heart rate 148bpm and conf I'm having a boy, got home been to the toilet and again there when I wiped with a teeny tiny clot... I'm so stressed out its ridiculous iv got to go back into
Hosp tomorrow at 150pm
H xx

:hugs: sincerely hope all is ok. Try to rest as much as possible. X

Been back in hosp again ladies 😥 woke up this morning with red blood in the bed, in the toilet and when I wiped, went to epu cervix is closed which is good but couldn't scan me! Went to the toilet and nothing when I wee but was when I wiped and pinkish... Drove for miles to get a private scan, saw baby move, heart rate 148bpm and conf I'm having a boy, got home been to the toilet and again there when I wiped with a teeny tiny clot... I'm so stressed out its ridiculous iv got to go back into
Hosp tomorrow at 150pm
H xx

Hosp tomorrow at 150pm
H xx

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

How stressful, I hope everything thing is perfectly ok!!

With my first at 12 weeks I passed a clot bigger than a golf ball, and he is 13 and running a muck!

azuregirl, we live in a busy city suburb and I agree a side by side double just seemed really impractical in that sort of environment, even the narrowest ones I could find wouldn't have fitted through our front door :dohh: A lot of people park on the sidewalks leaving not much room to squeeze past and the doorways and aisles in stores can be super narrow too so although the tandems can be trickier to steer the pros outweighed the cons for us :thumbup:
bigbelly, really hope everything is confirmed as being well at the hospital. I agree with Dawn try and rest up as much as you can :hugs:

had my 16 week midwife appointment today and all well. All my booking bloods etc were fine, BP ok, she listened in for the heartbeat (it took forever to find as baby kept moving) but she finally got it. she didnt tell me how many beats per minute, but we heard it and after nannas funeral on tuesday it was the most amazing sound we could want to hear this week!.
Midwife thinks that my placenta is at the front, but i guess that will get confirmed at the scan.

Oh big belly, hope you and little one are ok. That must be so stressful. But good that hb was ok and scan was fine. Thinking of you.

Dawn, glad your 16 weeker was all good too.

Mama Hen, lovely announcement pics, so cute.

I'm 19+1 and counting hours til my 20 wk scan. A bit worried they'll tell me the wrong gender! It happens pretty often from what I hear and not planning any more scans after this one. Anyone been told wrong gender by mistake? How sure can they be at 20 weeks?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->