March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

Congratulations KalonKiki!

Today I talked to my manager and told her I was pregnant, she seemed really pleased for me, I now have certain things I can't do at work though, so I am going to have to tell my colleagues by eight weeks at the latest. Anyone else having to tell their workplace earlier than 12 weeks? The lack of control is stressing me out something chronic, which can't be good for the cluster of cells!

So excited cause tomorrow I go for my first appointment.... I really want to get my blood drawn again so I can compare my levels. They said I was in the 4th week closer to the 5th... Just nervous because I'm not really feeling much different.. Got sick last night with headache, woke up today and I'm fine.... Just want some solid proof the levels are doubling then I won't read so much into my lack of symptoms... Keep reminding myself I'm still pretty early....

Curlyrose, everyone at my work knows! Lol. They knew before my husband did! They all knew about the ivf because we've had so many appointments and I had issues with anxiety and depression after our second failed cycle, it was I possible to hide it. They've all been so supportive. So when I got my BFP, I texted my best work friend to tell her and she called me in tears and asked if she could tell the others. Since they already knew about the ivf, I thought "why not?"

Apparently, she went back into our open plan office (with about 100 people within earshot, most of whom didn't know about the ivf) and shouted "I have a very important announcement! Becca's pregnant!!" Lol. Queue our entire department screaming and jumping up and down and the rest of the office thinking they're crazy.

So literally everyone knows. I'm just going with the flow! Lol

Congrats again Kalonkiki, nice to see you on here :) Added you to the list :thumbup:

CurlyRose, i've managed to keep it quiet from work til 12 weeks with both of mine but I can certainly understand feeling apprehensive about telling them before then. I'm actually still on mat leave from DD2 (due back 22nd) so I can't imagine my manager is going to be very happy when I tell her that i'll be going off again at the end of Feb but ahh well, i'm not the first to do it and sure I won't be the last :winkwink:

Hey ladies, I think I have mentioned before that I have been getting swollen legs in the evening that feel tight and painful, I initially thought it was the heat but it has been a lot cooler today in the UK and my lower legs are still tight and swollen like they are retaining water. What could this be?? Should I bother my gp or midwife with it?

Emmy, no idea what it could be, but if it's bothering you, then bother them, that's what they're there for, they can at least put your mind at ease then.

Congratulations new bfps!

Struth, so glad it went well with hubby.

Emmy, no idea about your legs, but Curly is right, tell the midwife or gp if you're concerned. It's their job to help.

Curly, not telling work til 12 wks or maybe later. What job do you do? Sucks that you don't have the choice.

How is every one feeling. Not many symptoms, gassy (eww) and tired and nipples have been a tiny bit tingly today but nothing much more.

Talking to midwife to book in first appointment on Thursday for 8 wks. 2 wks til summer hols. Can. Not. Wait!

Yeah I think I will mention it to the GP this week.

Littlelily are you a teacher? So am I! I can't wait till the holidays so u can just be pregnant and let my bump out lol and get my scan and then go back in September and be able to tell everyone xx

Littlelily are you a teacher? So am I! I can't wait till the holidays so u can just be pregnant and let my bump out lol and get my scan and then go back in September and be able to tell everyone xx

Emmy , yes I am! Primary. Totally feel the same. Should be due my scan end of holidays and hope they can fit me in then. What do you teach?

Ostara congrats on your successful IVF cycle! :happydance:
I'm glad that all of your co-workers were so supportive and happy for you, that's always really nice. :D

I'm currently a SAHM so I don't have to worry about letting an employer know that I'm pregnant. At this point I'm not sure when we're going to announce to family and friends but I'd like to at least miss my period first. I've already told my best friend but my due date is also his birthday. :haha:
Last time we told everyone right away, I'm not sure if I want to wait a little longer this time or not. MIL's birthday is the 25th though so we may announce while we are visiting for her birthday, I'll be exactly 6 weeks then. My ILs only live about 30 minutes away from us.

As far as symptoms go I've been mostly tired and moody. There have been a few other symptoms here and there but those are the two big ones for me so far this pregnancy. Last time it was sore boobs at this gestation.

It's nice to see so many teachers in here! My DH is a high school English teacher. He's due back to work on August 10th, I'm sure he'll let everyone at the school know that we're expecting then since I'll be a couple of days over 8 weeks at that point. :D

My first prenatal appointment is currently set up for August 12th.

Can you please change my due date to the 17th? I found out earlier than I had realized :)

News travels like a rocket through my work so I have to be careful. I do want people to know, I just think I want to wait for closer to 12 wks or at least until we see/hear a heartbeat.

I waited till 9 wks with my DS and told right away with my DD.

So once I announce on facebook it will spread through at work like wildfire. :wacko:

Curly, not telling work til 12 wks or maybe later. What job do you do? Sucks that you don't have the choice.

I work in mental health, so occasionally we have to deal with violence and aggression, also restraint. I could wait til 12 weeks, but trying to come up with excuses as to why I can't be involved in any difficult situations would make me appear very lazy and would be difficult to recover from even once I told people. I'm claiming back pain the next couple of weeks, so I'll be almost 7 weeks when I'm thinking of telling people, out of the chemical zone if nothing else.

How is every one feeling. Not many symptoms, gassy (eww) and tired and nipples have been a tiny bit tingly today but nothing much more.

Talking to midwife to book in first appointment on Thursday for 8 wks. 2 wks til summer hols. Can. Not. Wait!

not many symptoms here either, constipated (TMI sorry), boobs a small amount sore but not swollen or anything, a small amount of nausea, mainly just tired!

Symptoms here are constipation, bloat, gas, and exhaustion/insomnia (can't be sure if they're both there, or if one is causing the other yet!) some nausea, but oddly looking forward to sickness!

Emmy , yes I am! Primary. Totally feel the same. Should be due my scan end of holidays and hope they can fit me in then. What do you teach?

Yeah I am a primary school teacher too. I teach nursery but in September I am going back full time and I'm the SENCO. I have been part time for a year since having my son but I needed to go back full time so I can get decent maternity pay for this baby haha my head is going to be thrilled....NOT!

not many symptoms here either, constipated (TMI sorry), boobs a small amount sore but not swollen or anything, a small amount of nausea, mainly just tired!

My boobs are a bit tender which is weird as after 7 pregnancies and 3 1/2 years of breastfeed they never have been before :haha: I have to pee every 5 minutes, my face is broken out like a teenager, and I have very mild nausea - just feels like I've been reading in the car. That's usually all I ever get for symptoms.

Hello ladies :wave: How is everyone? Symptoms are sounding reassuring!

As for telling work - last time I kept it quiet until about 14 weeks. I told a few close colleagues before then but not many. I like to wait until the 12 week scan to tell people and I wanted to tell all the important people first so I held off at work for that reason. I think I might do the same this time.

Although my ticker says I'm 5 weeks, my LMP has me as 6 weeks tomorrow and so when I rang just now to make an appointment with the midwife they have booked me in for the 20th July :happydance:. By their counting (from LMP) I'll be 7+5 but by mine I'll be 6+4. The booking appointment is supposed to be at about 8 weeks but she didn't have another one until the 3rd August which would make me 9+5 by their dates and 8+4 by mine. Wondering if I should have gone for that one though? Do you think it matters? At least with the earlier appointment they will get in me in for my 12 week scan on time. What do you think?

Nothing else really to report. Have been feeling fine (to the point of questioning it!) but a little nauseous today (hoorah!). Oh - I've also been and bought my vitamins today (seeing as I wasn't planning to be pregnant and hence wasn't taking them), some decaf tea and this..... The first one is today's. The second one is from the 3rd July. Liking the progression!

Attachments

• 20150708_123338 crop.jpg
    20150708_123338 crop.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 1
  • 2015-07-03 10.33.20.jpg
    2015-07-03 10.33.20.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1
Oh crikey girls, i've only gone and handed in my notice at work today!! I've been debating it for ages and when they wouldn't approve my request to go back 2 days a week rather than 3 I decided to look into other options and i've joined a supply agency (i'm a nursery practitioner but can do teaching assistant work aswell and similar roles) I'm nervous, especially starting with a new employer whilst pregnant (i'll claim MA rather than SMP but I won't be worse off, it's just a different form basically), but deep down I know it's the right decision for a variety of reasons.
Also, booked my first midwife appointment for Friday :happydance: Guessing she'll just make my booking in appointment and not much else going by previous experience but still exciting to have a pregnancy related appointment :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->