March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

:hi: Hope everyone had a good Christmas

Our little man been moving a lot more lately and is getting everywhere like my ribs too... :shrug:

But me and OH have really struggled to name our little man, and there is one name he likes and as given 10/10 for, everything else as been 5/10 so he wasn't sure about them, kind of 50/50... So I think we may go with the name Charlie :shrug: I was trying to find a middle name for him that's different than James as I notice there is a lot of people who have James as a middle name, and to me I think its such an easy name and fits with most first names. But id like to see if there is something else that fits and not to bad with OH surname too... :dohh:

sarahlou - we're having a hard time naming our little girl too! It sucks because when he find a name we actually like, DH's mom hates it and won't let us not hear about it. Trust me even if we wait until the moment she's born to tell everyone what we named her we will hear about it forever anyway. I can picture listening to her telling everyone she shows baby off to her whole story about how she hated the name we chose etc. Can't please everyone!

We aren't close to having a name either but we haven't talked about it again for awhile, so it's more due to waiting to find one than not finding one we like. We still have our 'short' list of 40 names that we want to get down to about 3 and then decide once she's born. Although it's good that when people ask us about names, we can just say we don't know and it's true as we don't want anyone's opinion on our choices! My dad has decided he likes the name Olivia and keeps calling her that- it's a nice name but too popular for us. He's just joking around with it though rather than insisting on it!

Anyone else struggling to breathe? It keeps happening at least a few times a day...then just when I think it may make me panic I'm fine. Doesn't even necessarily feel like he is pushing into my lungs which is the odd part. I have an OB appointment tomorrow and they said they will check my oxygen levels so Im hoping I have an "attack" when I'm there because it doesn't happen all the time:shrug: (I don't suffer from panic attacks or anxiety and never had this with dd and I was 40 pounds heavier when I was pregnant with her?)

Anyone else struggling to breathe? It keeps happening at least a few times a day...then just when I think it may make me panic I'm fine. Doesn't even necessarily feel like he is pushing into my lungs which is the odd part. I have an OB appointment tomorrow and they said they will check my oxygen levels so Im hoping I have an "attack" when I'm there because it doesn't happen all the time:shrug: (I don't suffer from panic attacks or anxiety and never had this with dd and I was 40 pounds heavier when I was pregnant with her?)

I do but it is usually because of a braxton hicks. Depends on what position he is in. Next time it happens check to see if you stomach is tight.

Another reason I become short of breath is because I am anemic. Since I started taking extra iron I can do more things without feeling like I am not getting enough air!! Stairs are the worst for me....specially if I am carrying my LO. Even holding my hands above my head can make me feel like I can't breath. So I know when it is really low!

Hi ladies, hope everyone had a great Christmas. Have not been on here in a while. MW appointment today. Can't believe we go in every two weeks now. Time sure is flying!

Little Zodi has been so active lately, usually when I'm trying to get some sleep--which hasn't been so successful as of late. They also very much enjoy lying transverse or oblique in there making BH really painful. Have also been feeling out of breath lately, sometimes of nowhere. Also starting to feel really big and heavy.

Anyone having any changes in their sex life? Libido is OK--I just feel unattractive as all hell and can't do all the positions we used to without careful pillow placing and slow rocking.
Well Im going to catch up with all your posts. Happy New Year girls!

Amp I am having periods of breathlessness too . Randomly .... Its the pressure on your diaphragm I think . And normal !!!

As for sex ....... No action going on here ..... My sex drive is zero ...... Luckily oh is soooo good and understanding about it . Was the same my last pg . Everyone used to say bd to help the process near the end .... It was the last thing in the world I wanted to do !!!!!!!!

I get very breathless as well, I have usually been moving and then sat down, so I've mostly just pit it down to pressure, I definitely don't have the lung capacity I did, I can feel that whenever I try to take a deep breath! I've been wondering if I've been having BH too, there's certainly been something distinctly uncomfortable going on.

I've had a numb patch at the top of my thigh for the best part of a week now, it changes size through the day, but is rarely not numb at all. Also heartburn is worse yet again, going to try and get some omeprazole prescribed next week and see if that will help.

DaisyDreamer My libido is not was it usually is during pg. I do crave some more closeness, but not sure if sex is what I want at all. When we dtd then it is just not very satisfying for me at all.... I end up just wanting it over with more than wanting to keep going. :shrug: My DH is so wonderful about it. Though I know we are working up to it again some day real soon. Sometimes I just have to just give in and allow him his pleasure and pretend all is good for his sake.

Well ladies it is New years eve!! I can't believe the year is over already. I hope all of you are blessed with wonderful births and happy babies in the new year. May this year be better than any other. <3

Happy 2016 Everyone!

Does anybody have any tricks for knowing baby's position? It's way too early to care right now, but it'd be nice to know. When he gets the hiccups I feel them low, and I feel what I think is a foot in my right side all the time, but I'm just making guesses.

My midwife told me at my last appointment that babby was head down, this tallied with what I was feeling, but I couldn't have figured it out myself.

Mama penguin if you Google how to belly map in pRegnancy you should find lots of helpful information, including YouTube tutorials.

I'm so excited that 2016 is finally here! I can't believe that we'll be on labor watch for the first baby of the group starting next month. :happydance:

The ILs are still in Florida right now but they should get back either tomorrow or Monday so DH and I need to clean out the 3rd bedroom in our house to prepare it for the crib and so that we can start setting up the nursery.

Mama Penguin I've been wondering the same thing. The only thing that I'm positive about is that she's not breech but I'm having a hard time telling if she's head down or transverse and I forgot to ask my doctor if he could tell at my appointment. Mama Hen I think I'll give that a try, thanks!

I was told he was head down last appt, but I was sure he was because I feel his feet kicking me mostly in one spot at the top right just under my rib cage. I don't think he is exactly anterior or posterior facing but sideways.....so a little of both. I pray he turns anterior during labour.

Yes labour watch is so dang close!!

As far as positioning goes, when there is a spot on my belly that is smooth and hard, that usually means the baby is face down. Also when I feel hiccups low by my hips that means they are head down. But they are still moving around all over the place at this point. Hopefully they move head down face down by the time I'm in labor!

Can't believe we have come this far already. I wonder who will be the first to go into labor in this group?

Bought a lovely second hand cot bed today. Getting very excited to meet our little boy. Just 5 weeks of school to get through then off on wonderful maternity leave. Can. Not. Wait!

Hope you are all keeping well and looking after those bumps :)

It just hit me how far along we are now !!!!!!!! Holy crap !!!!!! So much to do !!!!! So excited !! 6 weeks to the start of my maternity leave yipeeeee

Name change again. Apparantly Harvey was not meant to be. This time we have settled on Elijah James....... I have even brought a personalised bib so no going back now lol.. .... It does sit right and goes well with Isaac, it also keeps both their names biblical.

Got the midwife today and growth scan next week, it's all rather exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->