March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

AFM did not sleep much better last night but oh well. I have accepted that my days of sleeping through the night are put on hold for the next few months. Which is alright with me because I'm doing it all for this sweet little baby.

Other than nesting, what are you ladies doing to help prepare yourselves for the birth of our little ones?

Have you tried a pregnancy pillow?? The Snoogle Loop pillow is amazing - I have a really bad back & sleep with it even when I'm not pregnant. It really helps! I do just wake up, nothing to do with discomfort, and my mind starts wandering... maybe some meditation would help with that?

As for prep for birth, aside from nesting and reading up on natural births, I plan on starting perineal massage starting at 34 weeks. I have the date marked on my calendar! All of my complications in my last birth were due to tearing... so if I can keep myself from tearing, I figure I'll have a much better recover period than last time!

I do just wake up, nothing to do with discomfort, and my mind starts wandering... maybe some meditation would help with that?

As for prep for birth, aside from nesting and reading up on natural births, I plan on starting perineal massage starting at 34 weeks. I have the date marked on my calendar! All of my complications in my last birth were due to tearing... so if I can keep myself from tearing, I figure I'll have a much better recover period than last time!

Bella usually I wake up to pee around 2 or 3 then I have to pee again about an hour after that (rarely do I fall asleep on that inbetween) then when I get up again I've already been up at least an hour so my mind starts to wander! :dohh::sleep: Sometimes I can meditate through it but I just get so uncomfortable even with my pillows and end up tossing and turning and stretching and cramping because my hips/back/legs are all stiff. So, meh, I guess.

I have looked into a perineal massage, and I think I a going to do that too as well as checking my cervix every few days. Do you massage daily and what type of oil do you use??

Daisy, I plan to start at 34 weeks (I read you should start 6 weeks out from your due date). So, I've never actually done it before. I read that you do it daily & that olive oil works well. Wondering if maybe coconut oil would work, too? I'll look it up, because I have a bunch of that & really don't like the taste for cooking. I plan to try and do it myself, but if it proves difficult, I'll ask DH to do it for me.

Little update on me: was in the ER for bad left side pain turns out it is a kidney infection - on antibiotics now but pain is still in my side and I can't lay in any position that makes my back curve a certain way. I literally sleep on my back or propped up. It's annoying me and I swear the ER doctors never care enough. I'm in constant pain anytime I bend over, move my back, change positions, sleep, go to sit down on the toilet etc. Not only that but they didn't even at least give me fluids through an IV when they said I was dehydrated.

Anyway, Sarahlou I love Charlie Jacob! Jacob has been a name I never knew I'd like to much!

fezzle - like the other ladies have suggested, a body pillow worked well for my during my last pregnancy. I have one right now but it isn't working due to my kidney/side hurting so bad. another thing I would suggest is sleeping with some white noise if you're having trouble getting comfy. some nights I have a hard time I just turn on our ceiling fan for that little bit of noise it makes, it also blows some cool air on me and helps me get to sleep easier. just a suggestion!

Sarah, sounds great! Like I said on the other thread, I'm naming my son Jacob, and I already told you I like Charlie... so Charlie Jacob sounds sweet :)

AFM, I'm trying to cram as much natural/unmedicated birth info into my head as I possibly can! I'm kind of driving myself crazy. I went to the library in hopes of getting Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, but they didn't have it. So, I got Natural Hospital Birth instead, but put a hold on the next copy of Ina May's book. In the meantime, I had been reading Hypnobirthing (which I own but never got very far into when I was pregnant with my DD). I also downloaded Birth Without Fear on Hoopla. Basically, bottom line is, I've been reading ALL OF THEM AT THE SAME TIME. Bad idea. I'm really a one-book-at-a-time kinda girl (and since the birth of my daughter, I never have time to read anymore, so it's a struggle to get reading time in). I'm just afraid I won't have time to read them all & I want to cram the info from each of them into my brain before Jacob comes! :haha: It's just hard when the library books have due dates, but I'm the farthest into Hypnobirthing, but the Ina May book is the most important one (in my mind) to read. AHHHHHH! :wacko:

I loved book Ina May's Guide to Childbirth.:thumbup:

Little update on me: was in the ER for bad left side pain turns out it is a kidney infection - on antibiotics now but pain is still in my side and I can't lay in any position that makes my back curve a certain way. I literally sleep on my back or propped up. It's annoying me and I swear the ER doctors never care enough. I'm in constant pain anytime I bend over, move my back, change positions, sleep, go to sit down on the toilet etc. Not only that but they didn't even at least give me fluids through an IV when they said I was dehydrated.

Anyway, Sarahlou I love Charlie Jacob! Jacob has been a name I never knew I'd like to much!

fezzle - like the other ladies have suggested, a body pillow worked well for my during my last pregnancy. I have one right now but it isn't working due to my kidney/side hurting so bad. another thing I would suggest is sleeping with some white noise if you're having trouble getting comfy. some nights I have a hard time I just turn on our ceiling fan for that little bit of noise it makes, it also blows some cool air on me and helps me get to sleep easier. just a suggestion!

I am sorry that you had such a bad time, but really glad you are on the mend.

SarahLou- Charlie Jacob sounds great! I think otherwise I'd prefer Charlie Joseph to Charlie Mark just how the syllables sound together, nothing against the name Mark.

We still are far from having a name but haven't discussed it again in awhile other than me rejecting some that have come up (Charlotte being the latest one, before than Emma; my Dad is also still keen on Olivia).

I start a 4 session pregnancy yoga class next week, and the weekend after the one we start NCT classes (antenatal classes). I think we're going to do a hospital tour the last weekend in Jan.

It feels like my whole body has RLS at night in bed now . I NEVER stop moving , tossing and turning .... Wide awake up from 2-5.30 last night . I got really bad pregnancy insomnia last time where I literally couldn't sleep for the last 6 weeks... Bar an hour here and there. I think its starting again.... Time for never ending days and box sets !!!! Uhhhhh

For people struggling to sleep, I have been recommended the relax app with Andrew Johnson, it is really helping me to wind down before I attempt to sleep. I always used to be able to fall asleep, but anxiety has stolen that from me, this app is helping and also allowing me a deeper sleep, so I'm not waking for my 2am wee as often, and when I do I am getting back to sleep faster.

Bella thanks for the info! Do you drink RLT? I am bouncing on an exercise ball or sitting on it at least a few hours a day. And I also do wide hip circles and figure 8's each way to open up the pelvic floor. And of course I have been doing kegels since I found out :blush: :haha:

Bombshellmom: sounds like a really rough time at the ER! Hope you have a speedy recovery

Fezzle: Yoga sounds great! That's something I could use right now...

Leftwonderin, sorry about your insomnia! Ugh I've got it really bad too but it seems like it might be getting a little better. I really hope you don't go 6 weeks without sleep, that sounds horrendous!

Mama Duck is there an alternative to that on a PC? Neither OH or I have a smartphone :)

Fezzle, just had my second nct class, very good. Also, been going to yoga for 5 weeks now, very good too and helps with strengthening and helps with aches.

If anyone is interested, here is an online hypnobirthing class for $10 until the 11th.
https://www.udemy.com/hypnobirthing-your-guide-to-an-amazing-birth-experience/
do at your own pace (its 3 hours of content) and I believe it gives you lifetime access? Normally $185. (US prices)

bombshell Im sorry about the kidney infection :(

In a natural birth group I'm in most of the women are starting perineal massage from 30 weeks. You can use any plant-based oil - olive and coconut are probably the most commonly used as they're most convenient. Macadamia, avocado, and almond are also good options. But like I said, anything works just fine.

My grandmother passed away yesterday morning. It was a very painful process watching her suffer so greatly in her final days but at last she is at peace and at home with the Lord. Funeral is on Monday and the family is taking it very hard. I am trying to keep my mom occupied and making sure she is ok. I spent time at the nursing home everyday from Sunday (still managed to put together a small party for dd birthday) but unfortunately was not in time yesterday before she passed. It's been physically and emotionally draining (at one point I had to help restrain her)

I have been having insomnia for a few weeks now but this week has been the worst getting only 2-3 hrs a night since Saturday. Being pregnant has made things even more difficult. I'm glad she is not suffering any longer, but am still very sad that she is gone.

I'm so sorry AMP :(

I am so sorry for your loss, but you are right she is at peace now and in time you will find great comfort in that.
Hope the funeral goes well. I had only been to one funeral about 18 years ago before my nanna passed away but I can honestly say nannas funeral was beautiful , very fitting, a time to remember her (we went with humanist approach), and an element of closure
thinking of you X x x

My grandmother passed away yesterday morning. It was a very painful process watching her suffer so greatly in her final days but at last she is at peace and at home with the Lord. Funeral is on Monday and the family is taking it very hard. I am trying to keep my mom occupied and making sure she is ok. I spent time at the nursing home everyday from Sunday (still managed to put together a small party for dd birthday) but unfortunately was not in time yesterday before she passed. It's been physically and emotionally draining (at one point I had to help restrain her)

I have been having insomnia for a few weeks now but this week has been the worst getting only 2-3 hrs a night since Saturday. Being pregnant has made things even more difficult. I'm glad she is not suffering any longer, but am still very sad that she is gone.

Sorry, AMP :hugs:

Thanks, NDH- I've signed up! I figured for £9 it's worth giving it a try. One of my friends really recommended hypnobirthing training (she did it through the yoga class she took).

I've made an appointment to see a GP today about the heartburn. I'll see what she recommends regarding what to take and iron. If I can get a prescription for something, that will be great, since it'll be free. Right now I feel like I'm spending about £10 at least on Gaviscon and Rennie!

Fezzle - hope the dr gives you something. Has the midwife not been prescribing you gaviscon? They did when I was pregnant with Isaac as i was literally getting through 3 big bottles a week and that was expensive, much better once on prescription.

Fezzle I take Zantac (Ranitidine hydrochloride). It does not interfere with iron absorption at all, and I find it very affective. I am not sure if that is available to you, but I would ask.

Edit: my apologies, just ignore what I wrote.....apparently there is evidence that it can interfere....so never mind :blush:

Dawn- no, my midwife, who I do really like and is normally very good, only told me to manage it with diet, small meals, sitting up... A gaviscon prescription would be very helpful- I didn't know it could be prescribed!

Did the dr give you anything else fezzle? Or at least a prescription for gaviscon? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->