March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

AMP, I get like that a few days here and there. Where you're just not hungry at all and nothing really sounds good.... Til you start eating :haha: just try to nibble on some nutrient packed snacks like nuts or avocado. But yes definitely some days I just have no appetite.

left :hugs: sorry to hear that you can't get some rest! Sounds like you could do with some r&r. Try to take a warm bath tnight to ease the uncomfortableness? Mak sure you are staying hydrated too :flow:

Bella, I am doing the perineal massage, I'm not worth crap for remembering to do it every day :haha: But still trying to get it done. Feel free to ask any questions though I think OH and I have got it down. I think the sibling gift is a great idea! A good way to keep your DD feeling special and loved during all this crazy time with a newborn. Maybe a teddy bear or a necklace she can wear :thumbup:

Bella, I am doing the perineal massage, I'm not worth crap for remembering to do it every day :haha: But still trying to get it done. Feel free to ask any questions though I think OH and I have got it down. I think the sibling gift is a great idea! A good way to keep your DD feeling special and loved during all this crazy time with a newborn. Maybe a teddy bear or a necklace she can wear :thumbup:

So... how do you know you're doing it right?? First off, I feel like it's SO HARD to reach around my belly by myself, so I'm just hoping I'm getting far enough in. I read you should insert fingers about an inch? Ok, TMI, but when you push down with your thumbs, do you feel almost like a rubber band type muscle? Is that normal? Sorry, so confused over here... At first, I felt like I should be feeling more discomfort, then I thought maybe I'm doing it right, because it was uncomfortable? I just don't want to do this every night for nothing!!!

So... how do you know you're doing it right?? First off, I feel like it's SO HARD to reach around my belly by myself, so I'm just hoping I'm getting far enough in. I read you should insert fingers about an inch? Ok, TMI, but when you push down with your thumbs, do you feel almost like a rubber band type muscle? Is that normal? Sorry, so confused over here... At first, I felt like I should be feeling more discomfort, then I thought maybe I'm doing it right, because it was uncomfortable? I just don't want to do this every night for nothing!!!

yes to the rubber band type muscles. Those are the thicker deeper pelvic muscles... I asked my MW about it and she told me that you shouldn't be going so far that you are pushing on those muscles. (when I tried to do it I got really nauseated each time :wacko:) Basically you want to be in there maybe an inch or so where the muscles and skin are more fleshy, like right below those rubberband pelvic muscles..
And just press down toward your rectum them out to the sides like you're opening yourself up (TMI!) until it burns or stings and hold for a few min. After you or OH can rub the skin inside in a down-and-out motion and the skin outside between your vagina and anus (again TMI) also in the same motion.

#1 thing to remember through it all is to relax and make sure it feels like you are getting a nice stretch out of the massage, but don't overdo it too! Also if you find your CM a little bit pinkish or brownish after, I was told by my MW that it's normal

I found online twin giraffe stuffed animals, one in pink for dd and one in blue for the baby. I will have them "exchange gifts" with each other the first time she sees her baby brother at the hospital.

Hi ladies! Just finished catching up. So exciting that so many of us are getting close to term! I'm not ready yet, but still starting to get myself a bit more psyched up for labor & meeting my little Jacob :cloud9:

A few questions - anyone else doing perineal massage? (Daisy? I think you may have mentioned it? Anyone else?) I just started last night... might be TMI, but I'm hoping to have someone to discuss this with and make sure I'm doing it right!!! :dohh:

Also, anyone on #2 (or more) and doing "big sibling" gifts? I bought my DD a new coloring book & crayons to use when visiting in the hospital. I also ordered a book on Amazon called "You Were The First" which sounds like it's going to be a real tear-jerker, but it really sounds beautiful. I'm also thinking of doing either a necklace with her name and a big sister charm, or taking her to make a Build-A-Bear, and putting a recording on it with DH's and my voices telling her we love her, so that when she is away from us she can hear our voices whenever she wants to (especially because when I go into labor, it will be the first night she's ever been away from me). Thoughts? Other ideas? :flower:

So exciting how close some of us are now!

I've decided to go on maternity leave a week earlier than originally planned, so I just have this week and next now! I still feel ok overall, but she's definitely getting heavier. I feel like every time I stand up I instantly have to pee. We still have so much going on at home though, I want to take work out of the mix completely just to reduce the stress of it all. So I'll be going off at just before 37 weeks now, even if it means being at home while all the kitchen renovations are going on.

We have our name list down to four possibilities now which we'll keep until we meet her: Freya, Heidi, Clara and Eleanor. The middle name will probably be Dorothy after my grandma.

Thank you, Daisy! That's helpful!

Cute idea, AMP! I actually did that for DD's gift to Jacob... she's had this pink puppy blanket thing that she sleeps with every night, and I found the same one in blue. Showed her on the computer and asked if she'd like to give that to baby Jacob when he's born & she was SO excited about it! She even woke up today snuggling that particular puppy more than usual, and was talking about how when Jacob comes out, he'll have a puppy just like hers! So, I ordered it today. At least the gift she brings for him is done :haha:

OH and I forget to mention that I bought her the cutest little outfit to wear to the hospital when she meets him! They're hot pink scrubs that say "Big Sister" where a name badge would go. ADORABLE! I can't wait to see her in them & I really think the hospital nurses are going to get a kick out of it too :haha:

Fezzle, congrats on the early maternity leave! Hoping I can stop somewhat early also... as of right now I'm slated to work until March 18th (3 days before my due date) :wacko: As for the names, I think that's great that you're waiting till you meet her! I love the flow of Eleanor Dorothy personally :flower:

So exciting how close some of us are now!

I've decided to go on maternity leave a week earlier than originally planned, so I just have this week and next now! I still feel ok overall, but she's definitely getting heavier. I feel like every time I stand up I instantly have to pee. We still have so much going on at home though, I want to take work out of the mix completely just to reduce the stress of it all. So I'll be going off at just before 37 weeks now, even if it means being at home while all the kitchen renovations are going on.

We have our name list down to four possibilities now which we'll keep until we meet her: Freya, Heidi, Clara and Eleanor. The middle name will probably be Dorothy after my grandma.

My vote is for Heidi of course, because my name is Heidi ;)

Bella, the big sister scrubs sound super cute! My oldest got a wooden train set from the baby when dd2 was born, this time she's getting a sylvanians nursery set and dd2 is getting a book https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Big-Bing-Book/dp/0008139598
I want dd1 to choose a little stuffed animal for her and dd2 to give to the baby too, just haven't got round to it yet.

Today I see the consultant to find out my plan! Hoping I'm not admitted to hospital today but am prepared for the possibility. Fc this baby has gone head down and I can just get an induction date!

So its now Wednesday and OH not been home since the weekend so its now been three days.... :cry: I cant sit still yet and focus on one thing at a time, also when I speak to him on the phone or webcam afterwards I cry. I have never cried and missed someone so much.

What makes it worse is he doesn't know when he will be home. If he knew I think id feel a little better about it.

Awww, Sarah, I'm sorry hun. It's really hard when they go away. Try to plan some outings for yourself to keep yourself occupied? Do you have your mom, a sister, or a close friend nearby to make some plans with, so you have something to look forward to?

Sarah that's tough especially now . How about getting some friends around for a pamper night or just a movie night ?

I love the build a bear idea, really cute.
We have brought Isaac a hot wheels spider car, he got a shark one at Christmas and keeps asking for the spider one. I told him to ask his baby and see if he might bring it when he comes. We will wrap it and give it him when we get home with baby. Also got him an 'I'm a big brother' card with a badge on and a big brother t shirt for nursery once baby arrives.
I have also started to put together a feeding time box, chalk and board, card and stickers, activity book, pencil crayons. .... things we could do together sat on sofa *with a tray on lap* as a treat when feeding baby. Xxx

Also, anyone on #2 (or more) and doing "big sibling" gifts? I bought my DD a new coloring book & crayons to use when visiting in the hospital. I also ordered a book on Amazon called "You Were The First" which sounds like it's going to be a real tear-jerker, but it really sounds beautiful. I'm also thinking of doing either a necklace with her name and a big sister charm, or taking her to make a Build-A-Bear, and putting a recording on it with DH's and my voices telling her we love her, so that when she is away from us she can hear our voices whenever she wants to (especially because when I go into labor, it will be the first night she's ever been away from me). Thoughts? Other ideas? :flower:

Had my scan and consultant appointment yesterday. Baby's leg growth has settled on the top line, head growth following his line and tummy measurement apparantly gone down but consultant thinks that's a measuring error. Based on scan data so far they are scanning again at 38 plus 3 and if he goes above his line they will induce at 39 weeks, if he follows his line then they will induce on due date. I have pursuaded them into giving me a sweep at 38 plus 3 to see if it helps things along. They estimate baby will be 8 to 8.5lbs which seems unlikely when Isaac was 10.7 but he was 6 days late so who knows.

Had planning meeting with health visitor and midwife over mood and health visited very pro anti anxiety meds but I refused, don't feel I need them. Will have more midwife support after baby, daily visits if I want them and then a joint meeting to hand over my care to health visitor after midwife care...... so that all seems relatively positive.

I honestly feel so done with this pregnancy, I'm desperately trying to enjoy it, but really struggling.

Xxx

Sending hugs your way Sarah, sounds like you need some :hugs: Hope you're feeling a bit better today.

Well girls it looks like I'll be having a February baby! Saw the consultant today and he confirmed baby is now head down (yay!) and booked me in for induction at 39 weeks which is 22nd. So definitely no leap year birthday lol! I can't have any sweeps prior to it due to my high fluid levels and the risk of baby changing position again. I'll be having a scan prior to induction to double check they haven't moved again. I'm very relieved to not be admitted to hospital early and glad to have a definite 'end date' without worrying about going so overdue again.

Just saw your post Dawn, glad your appointments were informative and useful, I found when I saw the mental health midwife she was quite pro meds aswell but like you I wasn't keen so declined. Glad they're keeping an eye on baby's growth for you and you at least know you won't be left to go overdue. I can totally relate to feeling 'done' with being pregnant, I really can't imagine ever feeling broody again at the moment!

Thank you for all your support ladies its much appreciated :flower: I knew I was going to hate this from the moment he told me about it.

The thing is I moved away to be with my OH where he lives so my family are 50 odd miles away, and I do have one friend but she works all week as a nursery nurse and usually comes over every weekend as she is my OH's, brothers girlfriend if that makes sense. But this weekend she's going Southampton to see her dad for his birthday.

I don't know why im getting upset like this and it may seem silly but I just cant help it :cry:

Its not silly at all hun. This is a very emotional and stressful time being pregnant and getting so close to due dates! While its exciting it is also scary and we just want our OH to be there for us. I was having a rough bit last week because DH and I had a HUGE fight and we didnt speak for 3 days:shock: I was soooo emotional and upset. But things are better now. For you, you just have to get used to a new routine. Im just sorry for you it has to happen right now:hugs: Hang in there.

Thank you for all your support ladies its much appreciated :flower: I knew I was going to hate this from the moment he told me about it.

The thing is I moved away to be with my OH where he lives so my family are 50 odd miles away, and I do have one friend but she works all week as a nursery nurse and usually comes over every weekend as she is my OH's, brothers girlfriend if that makes sense. But this weekend she's going Southampton to see her dad for his birthday.

I don't know why im getting upset like this and it may seem silly but I just cant help it :cry:

Buttercup, that's so exciting! Your baby will be here in 11 days!!! AHHHHH!!!! :wohoo:

Are you ready?? I can't wait to find out if you're having a boy or a girl! :)

Sarah, 50 miles away isn't THAT terrible... you don't think someone from your family would come visit you this weekend?? Maybe ask and see?

Sarah I agree - I don't think that feeling lonely is silly at all. You are allowed to feel whatever it is you are feeling and nobody should judge you for that.

I agree that maybe you could ask someone from your family around - perhaps even to spend the night so you get some quality time with them before te baby arrives?

If not, try to keep busy and the days will go much faster. Massive hug :hugs:

Or Sarah how about a overnight home with dinner out , break up the weekend a bit .. Being home alone can be lonely .
Had my growth scan today baby measuring 5lb 11 0z . In line to be 8-8.5 at terms . All looked great and waters fine :) was a little worried so am delighted :) still a girl ;) lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->