March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

yay congrats Jodie! how exciting! lily is such a sweet name!

had my 36 week appointment - group b strep test and cervix check, I am 1.5cm dilated!!

also, something that's slightly concerning to me. I was told I am O positive blood type around a year or so ago. that was with my old insurance and old doctors office..I've now been back with the doctors office that delivered my first and my paperwork that I was told to give to hospital upon arrival when in labor says I'm A positive..what the?
how can that be? what if I need a blood transfusion, what are they just gonna give me the wrong blood? I didn't know what type I was prior to finding out the first time.

yay congrats Jodie! how exciting! lily is such a sweet name!

had my 36 week appointment - group b strep test and cervix check, I am 1.5cm dilated!!

also, something that's slightly concerning to me. I was told I am O positive blood type around a year or so ago. that was with my old insurance and old doctors office..I've now been back with the doctors office that delivered my first and my paperwork that I was told to give to hospital upon arrival when in labor says I'm A positive..what the?
how can that be? what if I need a blood transfusion, what are they just gonna give me the wrong blood? I didn't know what type I was prior to finding out the first time.

Wow I would be worried about that too. I would tell the office just to double check as last time you were told O

Congrats Jodie!

Yikes bombshell that's quite disconcerting to have been told you have a different blood type to previously. At least it's not getting positive and negative mixed up. But it makes you wonder whether any of the rest of your blood results have been accurate!

Congrats Jodie! :pink: :happydance: :flower: :cloud9: <3

Heidi - I would be worried too, definitely ask for a double check on that and let them know you were O positive last time. Sometimes they screw up the labling, it happened to my dad before. He was donating blood and noticed them lable his O negative when he's O positive, it's a good thing that he caught their mistake. I'm also O positive (like my dad, my mom is B positive and so is my brother) but I found out through blood donation in high school.

Oh wow good thing your dad caught the mistake! Labeling rh- blood as osirive could have been a fatal mistake

Yipeee congratulations Jodie :) feel free to share a photo whenever you want make us all jealous !!!! And the birth story :) enjoy every second with little pink .

I'd go ask for them to check re the blood type or it will play on your mind . I have developed a lovely head cold :( is it a sign ??? I hope not this week as I only finished work yesterday and have lots of preparation to do this week including packing my bags !!!!
7 more days and she is free to come any time :)

Congrats, Jodie!

Bombshell- that seems like such an unnecessary mistake to make! They've tested my blood twice for the type since I've been pregnant which I thought was weird but I guess mistakes happen sometimes.

Congratulations Jodie! Can't wait to hear your experience! :flower:

I would get my blood retested as well!

Jodie - Congrats!!!!!

Buttercup - Any news???

Bombshell - SCARY! Def ask them to double check that!

AFM, 36 week checkup went pretty well. I'm 3 cm dilated & ob could feel his head! I've had SO MANY BH on Wednesday and Thursday, it was crazy! On Wednesday, I was about to start timing them when they stopped. I just get the feeling this little guy isn't staying in until my due date... we'll see.

What I didn't like to hear was, I was hoping to get out of my doctor when I should stop work. I was hoping to hear 38 weeks or... I don't know, something before my due date. But no... she said she worked right up to her due date and went into labor in the office. And she said that I can do the same. I was like, I did the same last time around, and I'd prefer NOT to give birth after a full day of work, like I did with DD! But she wouldn't give me any sort of suggestion as to when I might go into labor or when I should stop by. I even asked about other women she's seen, and she said "most women work right up to their due date." (which I kinda think is a load of you know what) UGH!!!

I go to a group practice (5 doctors, and 1 midwife. Midwife sees people for checkups, but doesn't actually deliver babies. Whoever is on call will deliver my baby), and this is a doctor I've only met once before, when I was pregnant with DD. I'm hoping A) she isn't on call when I deliver, because I'm not sure how much I like her, and B) when I go back to see the midwife for my appointment next week, maybe she'll give me a better time-frame.

Unfortunately, without a doctor saying I should stop, DH isn't going to go for me stopping earlier than we already discussed. As of now, I'm slated to stop on March 18th (Friday) for a March 21st due date (Monday). Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be just sitting at home for 2 weeks before I give birth, but I just don't want to chance going right into labor after work (or at work) one day. :wacko:

going to meet my baby, waters just went in a huge gush and having strong contractions

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Woohoo! Have a lovely birth! I cant wait to hear about Zodi's arrival :cloud9:

I'm off to my mother blessing in an hour

Just a quickie, better mobile reception in this ward so I'll be able to read the thread properly later but.... Our yellow bump turned blue!! After a truly epic 5 day induction starting on Monday at 39 weeks involving 4 prostin gels and the hormone drip I finally had my baby boy via Caesarian (technically emergency but it was really calm and not a bad experience at all) at 11:02pm on Friday! He was a whopping 9lbs 11oz and our final baba and first boy after 2 girls, can't stop staring at him :D No name as yet, going to decide today hopefully.

Mama Bat - Congrats on your brand new :blue: bundle! I can't wait to hear what his name ends up being. :happydance: :flower: :cloud9: <3

Daisy - Good luck hun! I hope that your labor and birth goes well and can't wait to find out Zodi's gender. :thumbup: :happydance:

Ooh lots going bump in the night :)
And the teas are off !!!!! Mama bat I'm so so thrilled for you :) was an epic week but what a prize at the end !! And what a weight !!! And a little blue ! Enjoy every second . Welcome to the world LO :) can't wait to hear your name :)

Daisy !!! Finally it has come for you :) hope to hear all about the arrival of your LO some time today:) enjoy this truley amazing experience .

All that's going bump here is a head cold ... Oh and finally washing baby clothes :)

Congrats on a boy Buttercup! :cloud9: wishing you a speedy recovery. 5 day induction wow how epic you did amazing.

Congratulations buttercup! Sounds like an epic week, but with the most amazing reward at the end.

Daisy, good luck! Hope all goes well :)

Afm, I am seriously cramping, irregular contractions are go. Waiting for things to even out, but haven't really slept as a result. Hope this isn't going to continue for days and days like this though.

Hope you get some sleep curly.

Good luck, daisy!

Afm, I've been monitoring my bp since yesterday and we are still sitting in the 150's, my doctor told me to take Tylenol and get some sleep. My husband was mad, considering I've had the headache and tunnel vision in my right eye.

Just now (530am here) it was 151/92 which is a bit high for my comfort.

I think we will be going to the hospital, and my doctor be damned. Hopefully they will tell me I'm ok and send me on my way.

I'm currently feeling a little emotional as I know there is the possibility that they will induce her and I really wanted to go naturally so the thought of an induction is disappointing, but I don't want a seizure or a stroke or anything so I'm telling myself if that's where this leads then it's for the best.

Awh stuck I hope you are ok xxx better safe than sorry . In the end the only thing that matters is getting these little bundles here safely no matter how it happens and keeping the mammy safe too . Hopefully its good news at the hospital for you . Keep us posted xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->