March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

Curly - wow!! Congrats on your baby girl :) how wonderful.

Buttercup - dont remember if i told you congrats yet lol dominic seems like a great name for him. What are your other two names again?

Daisy - congrats to you as well, i thought zodi was going to be a boy for you the whole time!!

Good luck to stuck and hoping everyone else is able to relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancies! The rest of us are all almost there so exciting

Are we going to be posting photos of our littles and family? Or has everyone here decided against it?

I will share photos in my journal but not on this thread.

She does have a name, Edith Joy, she's gorgeous :)

Labour was alright tbh, irregular contractions for less than 24 hours, then regular ones from about 12 ish on Saturday, phoned the birth centre at about 3 and went in at 5 to be told I'd made it to 5cm at home! I was so pleased with that. I used the pool, then added gas and air and things progressed pretty quickly, my waters went in the pool and I got the urge to push from about 730. However this was a lot harder, turned out she was back to back and after an hour the decision was made to get me out of the pool, I refused this many times as my contractions weren't stopping for long enough, but when I did get out they were about to cut me when I tore, but that allowed her to be born, so worth it! My tear was a borderline 3rd degree so I had to be transferred to the local hospital by ambulance and checked and stitched there (thankfully just a really bad 2nd degree) and Edith had difficulties breathing to start due to having spent a long time sat in the birth canal, but she was helped with that very quickly.

It wasn't quite what I was after, but apparently I did amazingly to get her out with only gas and air, so I feel pretty proud of myself, and of her. Also, it definitely hasn't put me off having another, painful as it was.

Sorry that's such a long post, I'm still processing it all myself, other than the baby and the nagging discomfort of stitches, the whole thing doesn't seem real!

Awh curly you did amazingly !!! Enjoy here :)
Wonder will we have any babies on the 29th ?? I FINALLY have my bags packed lol

Off to my induction....I'm excited but feel awful...coughed and sneezed all night....throat feels like I swallowed a flaming sword and have had maybe 2 hrs of sleep....plus I keep crying everytime I think of having to leave dd. Hoping this little monkey plays nice and comes out easy.

Good luck, AMP!

I had a growth scan this morning and all is good, and she's in a good position too (head down, facing back), so now just waiting, but I'm ok to wait a couple more weeks (at least I am for now!). They estimated her weight at 6lbs 10oz.

Curly Agreed you did amazingly!!

AMP good Luck today!!

Feezle Happy to hear she is doing so well on the scan!! :hugs:

Mama duck - beautiful name choice. Glad labour went relatively well.

Good luck AMP, hope all goes well.

Fezzle- glad growth scan went ok.

AFM - had a nagging headache that doesn't seem to disappear with pain killers, had since Thursday night but it is on and off and pre pregnancy I was always very prone to headaches when tired or stressed...... I am both these things now. No visual disturbances or swelling so I'm hoping all is ok. Baby moving fine. I may see if I can get checked over in antinatel clinic tomorrow perhaps.
One more week till final growth scan and my first sweep eeekkkk

Having some weird pressure in my back and lower abdomen, as well as the tops of my hips...he must be sitting different...

Wow! I stay away for a weekend, and everyone's had their babies :haha:

Seriously though, CONGRATULATIONS to all the new Mamas!!! So exciting! I can't wait to see pictures of all the new babies! <3

Starting to get a few niggles in my back .... Keeping an eye on them as I had back labour last time . Think its just one of those things may have done too much today but ill keep an eye regardless :)

When I arrived this morning was only fingertip dilated but baby's head was low and cervix soft. Started me on petocin to start contractions....they are getting stronger but not really painful yet but was just checked and have progressed to 2-3 cm. hopefully this little guy will make his appearance today

I am so done with all of this. My boobs are leaking, my pelvis feels like it's on fire and the baby is rubbing my cervix. Also, despite some reasonable advice from DH watched Schindler's list yesterday evening and had nightmares all night.

SO. OVER. IT. :growlmad:

Left, I'm exactly the same, back pain but not sure it's anything.

Wow Curly, sounds like you did amazing! Back to back is supposed to be much more painful so props to you. Also Edith is a beautiful name.

Thinking of you AMP and everyone else.

Lots of luck. Xx

Ok this LO has decided to have a dance party on my cervix for the last hour non stop !!! Holy cow !!!! She is going mental in there !! Back niggles all gone .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->