March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

It isn't too sore now, just means I'm spending far too many hours at my Dr's surgery getting dressings sorted - honestly I could do it better at home. I am still feeding, which I'm pleased with, but it feels like my milk is drying up, which is terifying. She doesn't seem full after one boob and I didn't fill up overnight like usual, hoping once antibiotics end it'll all come back.

Curly do you like oat meal? If you do it can help with milk. It did with me. I made it for breakfast and made cookies (which was my favourite way to eat it)and had it every day when I felt a dip in my milk. There are other natural ways to increase too. There is even some teas too that some say helped them (I have not tried them myself as the oatmeal was enough). Glad you were still able to nurse while going through all that. Just sucks you have to spend so much time there.

Hi.

Hope you are all well.

Elijah is now 18 days old. We are still breastfeeding, only made it to 3 days with my son. However elijah has a posterior tongue tie but it's stretchy so she thought it would not cause any problems with feeding, but his weight gain is slow, still not back up to birth weight so a referal has been made to get his tongue tie looked at next Wednesday.
He feeds every hour in the day, often more..... He goes 2 to 4 hours at night and I have to wake him after 4. Otherwise he is a very content baby.
Isaac loves him to pieces, and so far is adjusting well to him being here.
The tiredness is killing me, I'm averaging 4 hours broken sleep a night.

Intriguing... I have been eating a cheap granola (bulked out with oats) for breakfast since giving birth, but recently it went out of stock so I had a non oaty cereal for the past week. Will see what happens when I get back on the granola! Do you find it helps very quickly?

Seems like my LO is ready to join us in this world. Heading off to L&D in a couple of min.

Can't wait! :happydance:

Good luck keepinitreal

Mama duck - I have been eating porridge everyday since I had Elijah and also flapjacks, hobnobs and oat milk. I'm not sure if it's done anything for my supply, though it has bean enjoyable eating them.
I honestly can't gauge my supply. I get nothing when I pump, never feel uncomfortably full and don't leak. Elijah favours one boob over the other, not sure why? . Elijah is slow to gain weight and is still not back to birth weight yet (day 19 now), but health visitor not too worried as he is alert, wet and dirty nappies.
He has a tongue tie which is being looked at Wednesday.
I'm going to keep eating the oats I case it is making a difference.

He is here! Mark was born at 13h weighing a lovely 3.2kg and measuring 50cm. He is quite handsome if I say so myself. :kiss:

Had back labour and omg the pain was 100x everything I imagined. Gave up at 9cm and asked for a shot of painkillers. Got him out in 10 min once we started pushing. Took 6 hours from 1st contraction to birth. :happydance::happydance:

Willmp post more once we settle in...

He is here! Mark was born at 13h weighing a lovely 3.2kg and measuring 50cm. He is quite handsome if I say so myself. :kiss:

Had back labour and omg the pain was 100x everything I imagined. Gave up at 9cm and asked for a shot of painkillers. Got him out in 10 min once we started pushing. Took 6 hours from 1st contraction to birth. :happydance::happydance:

Willmp post more once we settle in...

Congrats!! :wohoo:

Congratulations keepinitreal!

Thank you everyone. Better late then never, right :)

We've been home for 3 days now and while it's exhausting, it's also soo lovely. I am bit sore still down there so sitting for long periods of time is not fun, but I managed to write my birth story if you want to read it. It's in the labour&delivery stories section.

Finally got my milk in yesterday so little one is quite happy.

Will update more when I have the time :cloud9:

Had my one month checkup for baby. He grew an inch, but didn't put on very much weight. :(
He's going to start getting formula to get his weight up.

Had my one month checkup for baby. He grew an inch, but didn't put on very much weight. :(
He's going to start getting formula to get his weight up.

Are you going to use the SAS feeding tube to help your milk come in better while he gets the extra calories?

Hi ladies :hi:

I know it's a bit late but just wanted to announce that our little boy Charlie Jacob arrived on the 24th March at 10:29am and he weigh 7pounds 6ounces.

Only one day overdue too!

Allforthegirl- I'm just using a bottle. He feeds from me then gets an extra oz or two from the bottle. Hopefully it'll get him back on track!

Hi :) how is everyone doing ! Can't believe Anna is a month old . She has gained almost 2 lbs from birth weight :)

Congratulations Sarah!

Great weight gain Left! I have a chunky monkey too - weighed J yesterday and he's 1.11kg above his birth weight (2lbs 7oz) o_O

Wow listen to all the chunksters. D was weighed today and has gained again. Total now of 1 pound 6.5 oz above his birth weight. It is crazy to think he could be 10 pounds in less than a week or so. I love seeing his fingers, arms and legs plump up. Oh and you can't forget about his face getting more round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->