March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

Hopeful.one I didn't see there was already a fb group when I made one as there was no info anywhere on here. The one I've made isn't very big yet so I'm happy to merge them so there's just one...
I'll send you a friend request and then my info can still stay on the front page and I can just keep adding people to your group if that's easiest? Again, I couldn't see any sign of there already being a group and some of us were asking and just went ahead and made one.

Good luck, bigbelly! Fx! We've been telling some people because we've seen them in person and spent time with them where it would have been hard to not tell them, but we've also been very clear that it's still early so we don't want to get too excited or talk about plans at this point. Assuming everything is still ok, we'll tell my parents when we see them at the end of next week. I understand not wanting to tell your mum- we were like that in Dec (which ended up as a mc) with DH's mum as his father had just passed away and we didn't want to give her any more stress.

From looking back in the thread I noticed a while back a couple of users posted about fb groups they'd started but they weren't specific to this thread (they posted about them in other threads too) so I didn't add them to the first post. Also neither user posted on the thread again other than to post fb links. Not trying to cause trouble or anything with this post, just clarifying things.

I'm SO nervous about my 6 week scan tomorrow that my tummy is upset. I'm glad that I'm finally going to get in there and make sure all is well, though!

Great scan azure girl, I had an 8 week one with my last 2 pregnancies and its amazing the change just from 8-9 weeks :)

I agree joo there's practically no maternity clothes in actual stores these days, I tend to order online from places that have free returns if it's something I want to try on but I ended up with a lot from eBay my last 2 pregnancies. I'm hoping I won't need to buy much for this one, just some long sleeved tops perhaps.

Lily, I love Devon :) we went to Torquay for dd1's first holiday and would love to go back. We had afternoon tea at a place called Angels in babbacombe and it was amazing! Always comes back to food for me lol :p

Hope you're feeling better curly!

Bombshell, glad your follow up scan went well :) how was your doula meeting? I've never used one and don't plan to but I know someone locally who did after a traumatic first birth and she really liked having that extra person for support and to advocate her wishes as well as her OH.

Lovely scan hopeful :)

Big belly, hopefully you're done with your scan now and all was well fc!!

Ttc74, wishing you all the best for your scan tomorrow I'm sure all will be just fine :)

2 weeks til my scan, I just know it's gonna drag!! Also got a letter for my youngest's cast change on 27th (she's in a cast for hip dysplasia) can't wait for that as her current one has been on since May and is getting a bit ripe despite our best efforts to keep it clean :( it's a long journey (she's in cast til dec/jan) but shes coping so well bless her!

Jbell hope your scan went well :)

Well in back!!

Lady was lovely at the scan and ...........
We heard and saw a heart beat!! So fingers up to the doc that said I wouldn't get this far!!!
Said my dates are prob correct and 6w6d but it may change, when I have my 12 week scan that's the date they will go off as they can be lazy and not grow as they should or super on the go and grow quickly lol
All in all it was a great scan, I couldn't believe the detail in the heart chambers!

I hope your all receiving good news!

H xx

Hopeful.one I didn't see there was already a fb group when I made one as there was no info anywhere on here. The one I've made isn't very big yet so I'm happy to merge them so there's just one...
I'll send you a friend request and then my info can still stay on the front page and I can just keep adding people to your group if that's easiest? Again, I couldn't see any sign of there already being a group and some of us were asking and just went ahead and made one.

Works for me. I'm not the one who started the group, I'm just in it. Everyone is fabulous, I love having support from ladies who are going therough the same things :)

Still in Devon, having lots of lovely food :) but not being able to walk as much as usual as just get so tired.

Dawn, thanks, might try Asda for clothes.

Mama Duck, sciatica sounds awful, poor you. Rest up.

Hope everyone is doing well. Just waiting for my booking in appointment on Monday and 12 wk scan on 24th. Can't believe it will ever be here! Waiting for that to come bk ok before telling anyone which has been so difficult as we have seen all my family last week and don't see them all together often as they live in the South and we live in the north but sticking to guns and holding out.

The sciatica has eased up, thankfully, so long as I don't alter my posture from my normal relaxed one I can move without twinges most of the time. I am expecting it back throughout this pregnancy though, I was just hoping it would stay away for a bit longer first!

Glad to see there's been lots of good scan news, such a relief when it comes :)

bigbelly2 - SO glad your scan went well and that you got to see your bean's heartbeat! My fingers were really crossed for you, and I'm glad everything worked out!! Congrats!! :hugs:

Buttercup84 - My doula meeting went great!!! DH and everyone else in my family seem to think it's silly to be paying/using her as he thinks all she is is just another person in the room telling me the same things he'll be telling me, etc. He just doesn't understand the statistics :/ my friends who have had them tell me they're wonderful! My family are also all the ones who would rather feed the baby themselves than for me to breastfeed. Huge sigh.

TTC74 - Hoping everything goes well for you! :) :hugs: I was nervous before mine yesterday, too. Please let us know!! Would love to see a photo as well :D

Been having gagging episodes/dry heaves every morning which is my usual morning sickness. This time I felt that I was going to puke. My mouth gets super watery when I am about to, but nothing happened!! I just sat on the floor waiting to vomit but all I did was dry heave...the frustration!!! Thinking maybe if I puked I'd feel better even though I'm afraid of puking lol

Hey :wave:

Can I join?
I was part of the March Monkeys for 2014 :haha: and here I am again!
I don't usually join in with things like this til I'm past 12 weeks but I'm feeling quite anxious this time with it being number 2 so would love some buddies.

I'm Amy, 21 and my LB is Finley 16 months :) my EDD is the 5th March!

Congratulations to you all! X

Hey :wave:

Can I join?
I was part of the March Monkeys for 2014 :haha: and here I am again!
I don't usually join in with things like this til I'm past 12 weeks but I'm feeling quite anxious this time with it being number 2 so would love some buddies.

I'm Amy, 21 and my LB is Finley 16 months :) my EDD is the 5th March!

Congratulations to you all! X

Welcome!!! Aw how sweet to be here again lol. Congrats to you!! :) When is your LO's birthday??

Bombshell, I've thought about having a doula since I had a traumatic first time around. I'm just concerned about the money - it's an extra expense we don't need, especially with me taking extra time off of work. But, I've been looking into insurance coverage & it looks like it can sometimes be covered?! So I have to call my insurance & verify that...

Bombshell, I've thought about having a doula since I had a traumatic first time around. I'm just concerned about the money - it's an extra expense we don't need, especially with me taking extra time off of work. But, I've been looking into insurance coverage & it looks like it can sometimes be covered?! So I have to call my insurance & verify that...

See!! I didn't even know it can sometimes be covered! Now I'll have to call mine and see as well. I definitely agree, I am having second thoughts as it just feels like all they do is sit there and talk to you while you're laboring lmao...I'm paying HOW much for that?!? But then again the cost will also include my placenta encapsulation and newborn photos <3 so I don't know!!
Let me know what you end up doing! What insurance do you have?

Sorry for the double post but someone needs to seriously take this chocolate orange away from me!!!

I love doulas. <3. In a way though you're right that a great doula will make you feel like she was a waste of money because she didn't "do" anything, or you didn't need her for anything. But just having a person present who is totally supportive of YOU especially in an environment that is sometimes downright hostile towards birthing women is truly invaluable.
My doula last time didn't make it to my birth because I ended up having to go to a hospital well outside of her travel zone, but even antenatally she helped me immeasurably stay grounded and stand up for myself when the hospital was putting pressure on me for my resistance to old school policies that I didn't feel were in my best interest.

Plus Doulas are still available postpartum too, to help debrief, for overnight stays, for even such simple tasks as doing household chores if you don't have a support network to help you out.

For anyone who is planning a natural birth in a hospital I truly can't recommend a doula enough. Natural birth in a hospital can be a battle zone and the last thing you want to do in labour is the fighting all by yourself. (The most supportive partner in the world isn't the same as they're too close to be objective, and sometimes what you need is a woman who has "been there" to give you assurances that like countless women before you, you will get through transition when you want to give up)

I love doulas. <3. In a way though you're right that a great doula will make you feel like she was a waste of money because she didn't "do" anything, or you didn't need her for anything. But just having a person present who is totally supportive of YOU especially in an environment that is sometimes downright hostile towards birthing women is truly invaluable.
My doula last time didn't make it to my birth because I ended up having to go to a hospital well outside of her travel zone, but even antenatally she helped me immeasurably stay grounded and stand up for myself when the hospital was putting pressure on me for my resistance to old school policies that I didn't feel were in my best interest.

Plus Doulas are still available postpartum too, to help debrief, for overnight stays, for even such simple tasks as doing household chores if you don't have a support network to help you out.

For anyone who is planning a natural birth in a hospital I truly can't recommend a doula enough. Natural birth in a hospital can be a battle zone and the last thing you want to do in labour is the fighting all by yourself. (The most supportive partner in the world isn't the same as they're too close to be objective, and sometimes what you need is a woman who has "been there" to give you assurances that like countless women before you, you will get through transition when you want to give up)

Thank you for that advice!!! I am going natural in a hospital (hopefully this one goes well so we can do a home water birth next time!!) so that is helpful to know that you recommend a doula for that!! I reallly desperately want a completely medication free birth this time <3 And you're so right about the hospital with the nurses and such, they were so upsetting with DD. They wouldn't let me get off the bed and wouldn't tell me why. I was really young when I had her, but just the way they treated me makes me feel like this time my doula can be a voice for me!!

Bombshell - Thank you :) my son was due the 16th March, born on the 23rd! So their birthdays are gonna be super close together!

Have you thought about or looked into hypnobirthing for a medication free birth? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->