March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

Joo - praying for you!!! Really hope that you get good news when you go to get checked out.

Bombshell - that's too cute!!! Ready to name your next daughter Elsa?? :haha:

Sending you positive thoughts joo, hope today and tomorrow bring good news.

I have a hefty cold, I know it would be treatable with ibuprofen, so this is hurting. I've not slept and every time I cough I gag. On the plus side, embryo officially ticks over to foetus today by new dates :) I'll take that!

Curly, you're a prune! Yay! I am one tmrw too! Hope you are feeling much better soon. Get some hot tea, lots of OJ and rest up.

Joo, you are in my thoughts and sending lots of hopes your way. Really hope it's a good outcome for you.

As for me, feeling pretty good really. Have my booking in appointment tmrw and will be 10 wks so not long to go til official scan and 2nd tri.

Nearly there ladies.

I can't wait to be past first tri. Here's a booking in appointment tip, when they ask if you would like a drink, accept, it's a long appointment and don't worry about your bladder, they'll need a urine sample at some point, so even if you take on too much liquid it'll be needed anyway! If you're super thirsty or its hot, take a drink with you. Thirst has been a big thing for me, I was so glad of my bottle of water and the additional jug they offered me!

Joo am thinking of you and really really hope all is well.

Thank you so much for the welcomes! :flower: It's such a relief to read through and see so many people having the same thoughts and feelings. Feeling very nervous about the scan and it isn't even booked yet. Weird how I feel defensive over this tiny bean already and really hope that it's okay >.<

Kalonkiki - yes I'm a league player! My OH is actually a pro league of legends player. I'm quite stressed about it as the community backlash (twitter, reddit etc) is probably going to be pretty vicious. I'm preparing myself for a lot of hate :( though we wont go public for a while yet. It also means he has to go back to Berlin for the spring split in january, so last 3 months of the pregnancy, the birth and potentially the first few weeks after baby is born I'm going to be alone :cry: if we make it to second tri all being well I will move back to my parents' area for the extra support (I currently live about 60 miles away!)

It's really cool that your OH is one of the pros! My DH wants to know which team he's on so that we can start watching his games. I'd love to play some games with you but unfortunately I'm on the North American server. :(
I also understand about community backlash. As much as I love LoL it has the most toxic community I've ever seen in a game. I'm sorry you have to deal with that stress and pressure.
Aww I'm sorry that he's going to be gone for so much of the pregnancy and possibly the newborn days. My dad was overseas in the Navy during most of my mom's pregnancy and for the first 3 months of my life. We'll be here to provide emotional support and hopefully your family can provide even more emotional and physical support. :hugs:

Happy 10 weeks, Mama Duck! :happydance:

Is it kind of like combining something like Halo with WoW? That is what it seemed like when I Googled it.

Fiora backlash because of the pregnancy ? What is leauge of legends ?

League of Legends is a competive free online game with 2 teams of 5 players and each player choses from one of the many champions available to play. Each player choses a role. The five roles are 1. Top lane fighter, 2. Jungler (runs around the jungle of the game map and helps team members in different lanes with surprise attacks on the enemy), 3. Middle lane (usually an ability power mage or attack damage assassin), 4. Bottom lane attack damage carry (meant to get most of the team's kills and be the heavy hitter, usually a ranged marksman), and 5. Bottom lane support (meant to assist the attack damage carry ensuring that they get as many kills as possible). The goal of the game is to destroy the enemy team's towers, inhibitors, and nexus before they can destroy yours.
I don't think she's talking about the pregnancy but rather the results of the professional League of Legends tournament that her OH is taking part in. Basically if his team loses then fans of his team will rage. If his team wins then fans of the other team(s) will rage. It's bad either way.

For the ladies enquiring about the Facebook group, please send me a friend request. My profile is on the first post here :)
There are two groups and I'll add you to both and let you decide which you want to stat in (or both) one is larger and more active but ladies from all over and another forum as well. The smaller one is ladies from here only who wish to keep it for just this thread :flower:

Oh thanks Mama Otter. Much clearer now.

10 weeks today! Funnily enough, not feeling great. Horrible hay fever ( not much you can take for that) and painful gassy stomach this morning.

Thinking of you Joo.

I hurt my back Thursday morning getting out the car. Throughout the day the pain got worse and I ended up at out of hours at midnight in agonising pain......i would describe it almost as bad as labour pain! . Dr diagnosed pulled muscle and prescribed codeine 30mg, obviously she knew I was pregnant. Asked Dr Google and got mixed reviews of codeine in pregnancy. Since midnight Thursday to now I have had to take 10 tablets (could have had 8 a day) and probably about 8 paracetamol. All spread out. I have honestly gone as long as I can between pain relief but I still feel bad. I have another Dr appointment at 2.30 today as still in significant pain and legs now a bit numb. But I hate taking the pain relief and feel such guilt.
My son has been palmed off to nursery or mums since I can't manage him and my hubby seems sufficiently pissed off that he has to deal with son fully when he's not working. My house is a tip and moving makes me cry. God dammit hormones and pain is not a good combination.

Dawn

Oh Dawn, that sounds awful. Try and rest as best you can. Don't worry about tidy house etc. You just have to get better.

Joo, thinking of you today. Hoping for good news for you.

Big hugs Dawn that sounds really tough!

Morning sickness hit me like a freight truck yesterday. I threw up twice and I've had constant nausea since then. Luckily I've been managing to eat so far but I'm sure I'll get to the point where everything will make me want to barf :(

Dawn, you poor thing with your back pain, must be awful when you can't really take anything to ease it up either.

Joo, been thinking of you all morning, checking for updates all the time, since about 7am, despite knowing that you're in the UK so you wouldn't have anything to share that early!

AFM, cold is easing up, but still feeling rubbish. I've been taking one paracetamol, three times a day, then two at bedtime, because although I know it's the best option, I really don't want it still. I can't really feel any pregnancy symptoms over it, which I really don't like, I can't help but worry that little bean might suffer as a result of me feeling so rough.

Oh no, Dawn- hope things are better soon. That sounds terrible!

Joo- thinking of you!

Curly- Happy 10 weeks! Hope your cold is better soon. I'm sure your little bean is fine!

Well, just had my booking in appointment. Lots of paperwork but midwife seems nice.

2 weeks til my 12 wk scan.

How is everyone today?

Thank you all so much for your thoughts. Sadly it was bad news for me, my baby died at about 8+5. She tried to scan abdominally, but as soon as she said she needed to try internally I just knew it was bad as she should have been able to see abdominally by now. She said it was because my womb is tilted, but I just knew. I'm booked in on Wednesday for a D&C under General anaesthetic. I'm hoping I last that long as I'm doing ok with the news (had a bad feeling from the start so I guess I was kind of prepared) but I'm frightened of miscarrying naturally. Anyway, thank you to all you lovely ladies for your support and advice so far. Good luck and I wish you all the best for your pregnancies and beyond! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->