March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

Another sleeping option I haven't seen mentioned yet is a baby hammock. Its not a long term option as they can only be used til they can roll over I think, so about 3-4 months, but supposedly they help babies sleep really well as their own movements set it rocking again and usually rocks them back to sleep. I was debating getting one for my first baby, but we ended up cosleeping with a crib with one side removed. She never slept in the crib in the end but it gave us more room in the bed anyway, aswell as provided a place keep nappies and do midnight changes without getting up :haha: my second liked having her own sleeping space and she did use the crib side carried though, and we had both cosleeping with us for a while as well so we certainly got our use of having it set up for 3 years lol.

This time though we moved house and the position of the door doesn't leave room for us to set up a crib beside our bed so I'm revisiting the idea of a hammock for this baby.

littlelily - I called my regular docs office this morning and I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon for a check up and they'll probably put me on meds to control the seizures - I haven't really been on anything since December the meds were making me sick. Guess we'll see!

buttercup - No problem!! I find that those pins help me during panic attacks and moments of anxiousness :)

curlyrose - hormones was what I was thinking as well - darn it lol I haven't had an episode in about 3 months would like to keep on goin'! Ugh I feel sorry for your pregnancy insomnia, I don't have insomnia but I get up like 100 times a night to pee and each time I'm so uncomfortable, my bladder aches and it's hard to go back to sleep. But in the mornings I don't want to wake up. Have you tried listening to relaxing music? :)

Well my scan went really well, just one healthy baby in there lying in a very uncomfy looking position lol!

11922837_908438075889566_3863217124101101329_o.jpg

I can't see a nub I don't think? But going by the skull and comparing the pic to the girls' 12 week scan pics I'm guessing that this is our third little girly :pink:
Oh also they adjusted my due date to 29th Feb as baby is measuring as 12+1 which isn't actually possible since I know the conception date but i'm pretty certain i'll go past my due date anyway (my girls were both inductions and born at 41+5 and 42 weeks!) so i'm as sure as I can be that this will still be a March baby :)

Yay! Wonderful scan, baby looks so relaxed in there :). So glad it went well. Less than a week til mine and beyond excited to see baby again.

Love it, can't wait til mine in a weeks time. OH likes your picture too, he's got quite in to the world of scan pics now!

buttercup - OMG how cute it looks like a baby now !! lol

Awesome scan pic buttercup - thanks for sharing!!!

AFM, I'm currently stressing about my scan tomorrow. I can bring one adult (DH) and no kids. Was planning on sending DD to daycare in the same parking lot from my appointment, but DD is now sick & running a fever. Ugh!!! Do I ask my mom to drive 2 hours to watch DD for a 20 min scan?? Do I drop her at daycare even though she's sick (hate that option personally), or do I have DH watch her, which means I'm going to the scan room on my own & DH will miss it all? :(

Lovely scan Buttercup.

I forgot to update. I had a dating scan last week at 10+4 and baby was measuring a day behind and had a heartbeat of 171 bpm. I am attaching a scan pic.

I have my NT scan next wednesday and am so nervous.

Attachments

• babypic.jpg
    babypic.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 21
Bella could you call and ask if it would be OK if dd came in the room if dh held her? The places I've had scans done before always say no kids but have never taken objection to a young child in the other parents arms or in a stroller if they're behaving. Just say dh will gladly take her out of the room if she becomes a distraction and she will be restrained so she can't touch equipment etc and they will probably be OK with it.

Thanks NDH! We have decided to bring her and hope for the best. Hoping I don't end up having to be alone for the scan & that DH gets to be part of it. FX that they make an exception & let her in the room!

Nikki - what an amazing scan pic, is that sort of scan the norm where you are? It's so clear and detailed compared to our ultrasounds!

Bombshell - I hope they allow your DD in to the scan, would be such a shame to have to go alone. Hopefully she will be asleep at the exact right time or something!

Nikki, that scan looks great :) so clear.

Bella, good luck at your scan. I'm sure they will let your DD in if you explain.

How is everyone else doing? I'm not having many symptoms lately, just bad digestion and still pretty tired.

When I went for my dating scan, I had no idea that I was going to get a 3d scan as well. It was cool seeing the baby in 3d.

I got the results for my harmony test today and baby is low risk for most of the major chromosomal abnormalities and also, I am having a BABY BOY :blue: :blue: :blue: :blue: . I am soooo happy as I was hoping for another boy but would have been happy with either.

Great news Nikki. Wow, they told you this early it's a boy. I didn't know that was possible. Glad you are happy with all your results.

Saw a thread titled this when prego for dd and thought it was fun...

You know you are pregnant when, you open your car door...get into the drivers seat, see your "open door" light is on, get out to make sure you shut the trunk, get back into the car, light is still on, get back out of the car, re-pop trunk then SLAM trunk closed, light is still on.....realize the reason said light is on is because....you haven't closed your drivers side door :rofl:

I dont care what doctors say about there being no such thing as "pregnancy brain!" there definitely is!

Ha ha! I haven't done anything crazy yet but I'm sure when back at school, they will come thick and fast!

I also burst into tears yesterday when my 2 yr old refused to give me a hug before bed...she was being such a little brat!:brat:

Back from my scan. ONE healthy baby measuring 9+2. Saw the little arms and legs kicking and moving around! Unfortunately DH & DD missed it all - they had to wait in the waiting room :cry:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe