March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

buttercup - I will PM you the link :) <3

dawnlouise - ugh constipation is no bueno, hoping the spotting disappears for you - have you tried stool softeners? my doc said I could take them

Bombshell - I have been taking stool softners there not helping much really.
The spotting eased a bit, still there but less and cramps gone. Part of me is hopeful all that is a good sign and that the spotting is nothing to worry about and just normal for me. The other part worries this may be a missed miscarriage. I just don't know what to think or feel.
I still feel tired, but restless at night. Boobs sore and still feel sick.
Keep those prayers coming please x x

Bombshell - I have been taking stool softners there not helping much really.
The spotting eased a bit, still there but less and cramps gone. Part of me is hopeful all that is a good sign and that the spotting is nothing to worry about and just normal for me. The other part worries this may be a missed miscarriage. I just don't know what to think or feel.
I still feel tired, but restless at night. Boobs sore and still feel sick.
Keep those prayers coming please x x

Really hope everything is all okay :hugs: I understand the worry about the missed miscarriage. Everything about first trimester makes you worry. The only good thing about MS is it "reassures" you that everything is ok and the pregnancy is still progressing. Hopefully those cramps and the spotting stays away!

Thinking of you Dawn. Hope it's nothing to worry about.

11 weeks tomorrow, yay!

Sorry if I've missed anything cos it's hard to keep up :lol: but have you spoken to the EPU Dawn? Maybe a bit of reassurance for you xx

Had a scan at EPU 2 weeks ago on Monday due to the same but had cramps. Was dated at 7 plus 2 then and saw heartbeat, all looked good though they put me back a week from period date based on measurement at scan but they did not seem concerned by that and I do average a 33 to 35 day cycle so their dating does make sense.
The spotting stopped a few days after the scan and they could not see any reason for the bleeding at the scan.
They said if it got worse to ring them back, but to be fair it's not worse, it's just back . So not sure if they would see me.

Xxx

Sorry if I've missed anything cos it's hard to keep up :lol: but have you spoken to the EPU Dawn? Maybe a bit of reassurance for you xx

Thinking of your Dawn, I hope that all is okay with you and your bean. :hugs:

I've been looking at baby stuff already myself but we won't be buying anything until after our gender scan. I did find a double stroller design I love from Target, but we won't need it for a while yet and it should still be there when we are ready to buy it. I'm planning to do more baby wearing with this baby than I did with DS too. It's just so much more convenient to be able to wear the baby at the grocery store while DS sits in the front of the cart.

I think baby wearing will definitely be my thing. Chasing around 2 children with a stroller/other carrier would be ...well, impossible.

I LOVE baby wearing!!! I plan to get a new Tula for this baby. Already have a ring sling & an ergo performance. Don't love the performance - DH chose it for the hiker style fabric, so it can be his :haha: also plan to maybe get a sit & stand. I hear joovy is a good brand for those.

I will be baby wearing this time around as well - I didn't with DD just because I didn't really know much about it. I had gotten one from a second hand child store but it was broke and kinda dumb so I never used it. I have a friend who has also used a tula, bellarosa! I've heard great things about those.

I've heard great things about Tulas! I'm so jealous of your Ergo, Mama Tiger. I've been wanting one so bad ever since Liam outgrew the baby carrier I have. I have a ring sling too that I got from Other Mothers but it's obviously homemade and I don't really like it. I'm not a big fan of ring slings though, I just don't like all of that weight baring down on one shoulder. I love baby carriers that use both shoulders though.

Dawn, hope things are looking better for you today :)

I hope to do the baby wearing thing too, but there are so many carriers, I don't understand how you pick! I think there's a local sling group, so I'm going to get in touch with them when I'm a bit further along with the pregnancy, would definitely prefer to wear baby round the house and supermarket than bung them in a trolley or carry with my arms.

Any news Dawn?

Not sure about baby wearing, but been thinking about where baby will sleep. We have a small bedroom and not much space.

What is everyone else planning? Moses basket? ( read babies can outgrow these pretty quick though) and cot would be too big for our room for first 6 months. Any advice?

I know it's early but would feel better with a plan! :)

Thanks ladies for asking after me and baby. The spotting has stopped! It's the biggest mystery ever. I spotted with Isaac but not this late on. However the sick feeling has also gone which concerns me a bit. ...... i think I just need to stop symptom spotting. Jeans feel tighter but not gained weight so assuming that's a good pregnancy sign.

Mama fox - when we had Isaac we borrowed a crib and moses basket from a friend but brought new mattresses. The crib went in our room and moses basket downstairs. I used the moses basket maybe 6 times as Isaac didn't like it and we moved him out of the crib at four weeks as he kept banging his arms on the side and waking himself , we couldn't fit his cot bed in our room so he had to go in his room at 4 weeks. The health visitor nearly had heart failure lol! We used the angel care monitor with sensor mat which provided massive reassurance for us. Isaac slept much better in his cot bed as he had space .
With this baby we will borrow the crib again but once they outgrow that they will be going In their own room again in a cot bed.
Some people use travel cots in their room since there smaller than main cots but too low down for my liking with a new baby in.

I have had some bleeding and spotting over the weekend. Started red which scared me to death, then went to very dark (almost black) and then brown. It's now very light brown spotting. I've only had very minor cramping, not even as bad as my usual period pains so hopefully that's a good sign.

I spotted with my DD, but only ever brown (at 4 weeks and 10 weeks). This time I spotted at 4 weeks and now at 8 weeks.

I'm just waiting to hear from the EPU about a scan today. Fingers crossed for me ladies xxx

Hope it's nothing to worry about MrsMcP. Let us know how you get on.

Great that your spotting has stopped Dawn. Will you still see Dr/ midwife to try and find what was causing it?

Thanks for the advice on cots. So tricky to know what to do. I know a few friends who moved babies in to their own rooms pretty soon due to them growing out of Moses basket etc.

Don't have friends to borrow that sort of thing from but was thinking to buy a second hand mini cot/bassinet (and new matress) for our bedroom for first few months.Any other suggestions ladies?

Baby wearing ladies - I've heard a stretchy wrap is a good start for a newborn (I plan to get that too this time around). Then a buckle carrier is nice. Watch for ergonomic ones (you don't want a crotch dangled style - like a bjorn - because it hurts both your back & baby's hips). I loved a ring sling for when DD started sitting on my hip. It helped me get a nice side carry.

Mama fox, I LOVED my arms reach coal we're with DD. it was perfect for breastfeeding at night because I could just pull her into bed with me, but I wasn't afraid of rolling over on top of her. She slept in that thing too 10 months old, when we transitioned her to her crib. Seriously hands down the best thing I put on my baby registry!

Dawn, so glad your spotting stopped!

MrsP, FX for a great scan for you :hugs: really hope everything turns out okay!

AFM, 2 more days till my own first scan & appointment! Excited/nervous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->