March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

I'm planning to have some sort of half cot thing that fits to the side of the bed, but we have lots of space in our bedroom, so the extra width won't matter (handy!) I envisage using that straight away, but tbh haven't done much research yet so don't know if that's quite how it works!

So relieved to say that everything at the scan looked good! Gummy bear measured 8w1day and a strong heartbeat of 164bpm. She can see some small pockets of blood left over from implantation so to expect a bit more spotting but shouldn't be anything major.

I'm sooooooo relieved!! I would upload a photo but I'm at work xxx

That's great news. So pleased for you x x

So relieved to say that everything at the scan looked good! Gummy bear measured 8w1day and a strong heartbeat of 164bpm. She can see some small pockets of blood left over from implantation so to expect a bit more spotting but shouldn't be anything major.

I'm sooooooo relieved!! I would upload a photo but I'm at work xxx

Thats awesome MrsMcP!

Hope all you other ladies are well. MS has been worse for me past few days but still no throwing up :thumbup: Sea bands really seem to be working for me. I feel bad when Im having a wave of nausea and dd can tell Im not feeling well, she kept asking me "whats wrong mommy whats wrong" and I just explained that my tummy wasnt happy. She then heard me telling my mom that I was nauseous so now every day she asks "whats wrong mommy? You feel nauseous!" Never thought the word nauseous could sound so cute

We plan on getting something similar to this https://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=35354186

We have a small room and baby will be in with us for a while. Plus it's light, so we can take on the go.

I have little knowledge of baby wearing as far as what type of carrier to buy. Going to have to do a lot of research and such.

Mama fox we also have a small room and only in a one bedroom apartment for now so baby will be with us. We have a pack n play that we will be getting a mattress for instead of having a bulky crib. We are hoping to find a new house when baby is around 3-6 months old.

As far as baby wearing I'm hoping I will find a style I like. I already have a Moby wrap that my sister loved with her son but we will see.

I had a travel co-sleeper with DS (the kind that you put on the bed next to you) but he kept scooting out of it in his sleep trying to get closer to me, so I ended up just co-sleeping with him snuggled next to me since that's what he wanted. We had a spare bed in the nursery that I slept in with DS for the first 3 months. After that he decided that he was ready to sleep in his crib by himself so I moved back into the bedroom with DH and we used a Summer Infant video monitor to keep tabs on DS. I never worried about rolling on top of DS as I'm a very still sleeper and a very light sleeper. Especially at that point if he even made the slightest move or noise I was awake. I'm planning to do the same with this baby and we'll see how it works out.

I'm really considering get a Moby wrap or something similar for this baby. I really wanted to try one with DS but didn't get the opportunity.

MrsMcP I'm glad that all went well with your scan. Can't wait to see pictures! :happydance:

Dawn I'm glad that the spotting stopped for you. :hugs:

I'm getting the mei tai as my friends have all raved that it's amaZing. Am looking forward to baby wearing too!

Thanks for all the tips ladies, all helpful. Silas, that small bed looks a good option.

MrsMcP so glad the scan went well :)

Great news, MrsMcP!

I wish my son would have taken more to baby wearing. I tried and tried and he was fine as long as we were moving but as soon as I'd stop, he'd get antsy and either want to be out or in motion again. I hope #3 takes to it because I'll sire need it with my 2 year old!

Dawn, hope everything is OK! Glad the spotting has stopped at least :hugs: Definitely request another scan if you're worried at all, I would!

Lily, we had a swinging small crib in our room for both girls which they stayed in til about 3 months old at which point we moved them to their own rooms as, similar to Dawn's DS, they were hitting their arms on the sides and waking themselves up. I know they recommend 6 months before you move them and i'd never say anyone should do anything they're not comfortable with with their own child but personally I don't regret it and would do it again with this baby. We just used an Angelcare monitor which was great and very reassuring :)

Curly, i've seen people attach regular cots (with one side removed) to the bed with cable ties similar to how your mentioning as an alternative to the actual sidecar cots/cribs that are sold. I think as long as the mattress and cot edge is totally flush with the bed with no gaps it should be fine :thumbup:

MrsMcP, glad your scan went well :)

AMP, how cute is your DD! Love when they pick up adult word/phrases it's so funny :haha:

I'm actually a little bit dreading dealing with a double stroller but with our age gap I think it's the best option. There'll be 18 months between DD2 and the baby but DD2 is in a cast for hip dysplasia til December/January so chances are she won't be walking confidently when the new baby arrives. I have an Ergo which I like carrying her in but more for quick trips or if I know i'm going to be somewhere where the stroller would be more of a nuisance than anything. I get a bit flustered babywearing for too long and having to tote around baby and bag and 3 year old hanging on my arm lol, but I know some ladies online who don't even own a stroller and just babywear full time which is great if that suits you and your lifestyle :thumbup: We have a sling library locally and if I was ever replacing the Ergo i'd absolutely go there and try some different ones out as there is so much choice out there and it's a big purchase so handy to get it right first time :)
Also, my 12 week scan is tomorrow eeek! Will update about it on the thread tomorrow evening probably as have a friend visiting in the afternoon.

Eeep! Can't believe you have your 12 wk scan tmrw mama Bat! Still have a week to wait.

I like those swinging cribs. A bit bigger than a Moses basket but still small enough for our room. But does the baby sleep downstairs with you in the day? Or just the use the monitor?

Sorry for all the questions!

I have a Boba wrap and carrier. The carrier is so comfy! I am petite and it's rated to 45 lbs, which means it's good for toddlers too. DS also doesn't like being carried, I use the carrier for fire alarms since we have 10 flights to walk down during one and DS is a squirmer who wants to do it himself...

Ladies, I'm starting to get bouts of extreme exhaustion and weird tastes in my mouth. They feel like auras and is making me wonder if I'm going to start having seizures again. About a year or so ago I was diagnosed with simple partial seizures - so not sure if it gets worse during pregnancy or not I haven't had episodes of seizures until DD was born.

Hormones are definitely one of the many things that can affect seizures, so if you're concerned definitely talk to whoever provides your seizure care and let people around you know. What a bummer to have to worry about that as well as everything else!

I'm awake, it's 4am and I have to get up for work on little over an hour. Pregnancy insomnia, will you please just do one!

Lily, when they were brand new they slept in the pram carrycot (also for the first part of the night before we went to bed) After about a month though they didn't sleep as well downstairs with the noise and light so then they slept in our room with the monitor on. I must admit I've been lucky to have 2 fairly good sleepers who have been very receptive to being put down to sleep and got into a 7pm bedtime routine from early on. I'd never have sleep trained early or anything and it wouldn't surprise me at all if this baby is the one to keep me on my toes sleep wise lol!! ;)

Bombshell that sounds awful, hope you're ok and they don't become a frequent thing :( also thanks for sharing your board with me, some really useful stuff on there.

Curly, oh no! Hope you don't feel too knackered later :( I'm awake and nervous, the baby is still sleeping and my oldest is having a sleepover at my parents house but I'm up for the day for sure. Going to make a cuppa in a minute :)

Thanks Mama Bat. Lucky with your little good sleepers. Will want tips in 6 months!!

Bombshell, that sounds worrying. If you suspect that, can you see your doc and get something preventative?

Curly, I went through sleeplessness for a few weeks, it's horrible. Hope it eases soon. I'm sure mine will be bk when I have to be up for work in September, yuk!

Everyone else ok?

Looking forward to seeing our group's first 12 wk scan later mama Bat :)

I've struggled with sleep on and off through this, but tend towards being a bit of an insomniac nor ally, so totally expected. Will hopefully nap after my shift, thankfully it's busy so I don't have time to feel tired!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->