March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

Dawn, sorry for my lack of reply, but I've been at work, looks like I was just lucky with my timings! Their stuff isn't expensive though and actually feels pretty good :)

Lily, I also can't believe we are so close to second tri, well excited for it!

Buttercup, those sleep suits are adorable! I love them. Not looked at any baby clothes yet, not really and I certainly haven't bought anything. OH and I are going babyshopbrowsing in a couple of weeks, I will definitely allow myself something small then :)

Bombshell.l, I am a cat lover, but cat pee smells like nothing on earth, it's absolutely awful and I would be fuming. I can't imagine it's great fun to suddenly have 5 cats in your home anyway.

Mama goat I am so sorry for your loss :( I've dealt with an empty uterus when I should have been 10 weeks pregnant before, and again at what should have been 7 weeks, but my blood tests prior revealed that things weren't right - it was still a shock to find nothing at all though, and I had a really hard time processing it as a result without any closure. Having high hcg and nothing to be found is really unusual though. If you need someone to talk to to process it feel free to on me any time :hugs:

My uterus has been retroverted on some scans and not on others, so it tends to flip flop back and forth :shrug: it had never been noted to me as being retroverted though prior to the ultrasound I had with my third miscarriage. And then with my 4th it was again normal. No idea what its doing this time as I don't do scans without a reason to suspect name thing is wrong, but I'm showing already where I didn't til 24/26 weeks before. However I've also been pregnant for 8 of the last 10 months so maybe my body has just given up and doesn't know how pregnant its supposed to be :haha:

Mama bat those clothes are seriously cute! I want them!

Here's my first baby project in progress - a rainbow blanket for my rainbow baby. I've never crocheted before starting this last week.https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/Roshinda/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150823_091215_zpssgdlxzik.jpg

That blanket is gorgeous. I wish I had the skills/the patience to learn the skills to make something like that!

Happy 12 weeks Mama Duck. You turn up a week on Sundays too. I always look forward to Sundays now :p

Happy 11 weeks to you :) I change on Sundays for the moment, but will re set everything to whatever my nhs scan says Wednesday as this current dating is based on my private scan.

Thank you. Ah I see! Do you suspect it will be much off or the same? Guess there really is no way of knowing. In US we don't generally get 12 wk scans so at my 20 week scan I'll be able to see if baby is measuring same as it was at 6 wks or not. I have been feeling what I truly believe is flutters (3rd child so could be why) so I think I may be ahead a bit. Or I am losing my mind - either is,possible. :haha:

Thank you. Ah I see! Do you suspect it will be much off or the same? Guess there really is no way of knowing. In US we don't generally get 12 wk scans so at my 20 week scan I'll be able to see if baby is measuring same as it was at 6 wks or not. I have been feeling what I truly believe is flutters (3rd child so could be why) so I think I may be ahead a bit. Or I am losing my mind - either is,possible. :haha:

Silas, must be lovely to feel flutters! :) They say it can be really early with 2nd+ pregnancies.

Happy 12 wks Mama Duck! I'm 12 wks tmrw, makes me look forward to Mondays! My 12 wk scan is tmrw at 2 ( same as AMP but in a different time zone!) Beyond excited but nervous too.

Dh has the day off and we are going out for lunch before and would like to buy something small for baby if all goes well. Was thinking a nice blanket maybe. Mama Hen, I love yours, so clever. Wish I had the skills and patience. How did you learn to do it?

Here's my first baby project in progress - a rainbow blanket for my rainbow baby. I've never crocheted before starting this last week.https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/Roshinda/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150823_091215_zpssgdlxzik.jpg

Ok, I just watched a YouTube video on basic crochet and it looks hella difficult! I would tie myself in knots! Big respect Mama Hen.

I learned from this video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h6TQOJdTnvQ

Though you'll have to watch a tutorial on how to do a chain stitch and a double crochet if you've never done crochet before, and a slipknot if you don't know how to do one. Its easier than it looks I swear. My first row took me 3 hours but it takes me about 30-45 minutes per row now. I also had to unpick the first row and redo it at least a dozen times, and have had to undo quite a lot of stitching since then but its still going pretty quick. Considering I've never picked up a crochet hook before last Wednesday I'm a complete beginner.

I think, and hope, that the NHS scan more or less agrees with my current dating, as I know LMP isn't as accurate due to short cycles, we shall see though. I can't wait to feel things, that must be amazing!

Good luck today Mama Fox and AMP, can't wait to see your scan pics and hear your news later on (much later for you AMP,I think, not enact all sure what time zone you're in!)

My day by day preggo book informs me that today I am officially second tri! I am loving my little bump these days, just want to see what's going on inside now!

Also, I swear I can feel some baby movements already! I keep telling myself no way could it be that this early but I guess it's not impossible...!

I swear I have been feeling movement. With dd I didnt feel anything til 16 weeks, but I was also 40 pounds heavier. This time mostly on my left side if I am leaning into my upper thigh. Apparently this little one doesn't like being squished!

s567.photobucket.com/user/Leila_Willis/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1146_zpspj11tms9.jpg.html]https://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss112/Leila_Willis/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1146_zpspj11tms9.jpg[/URL]

A very wriggly baby! Thankfully all healthy and measuring ahead ahead at 12+ 5 so due date now 2nd March. So happy right now:happydance:

Just an update on me:

I had my appointment - doc says she doesn't want to put me on any meds until she thinks my seizures are unpredictable and happen frequently. I haven't had any thankfully, just felt a few weird auras. Hoping they stay away!! Although I don't generally know if I've had one in my sleep or not. Normally DH is awake and notices. I agree with her as I'd like to stay off any meds as long as possible if there isn't really any reason to be on them while pregnant!

On another note DH and I have been arguing about not being able to afford this baby. He was in quite the mood yesterday and basically told me he thinks my doula is a waste of money. I feel discouraged and don't really care right now at this point. I am thinking on just giving up the idea of having this pregnancy turn out like I wanted my last one to be. So many things I didn't get to do with DD that I'd like this time but DH seems to be unsupportive lately. He also dropped a bomb on me last night saying if it's another girl he doesn't want another baby because he doesn't want all girls - and then continued to say he doesn't even want 3 kids at all. I get he's stressed out because we have been kinda broke from DD's birthday party, but I just feel like he's taking it out on me. And I feel kinda alone, and that is my fear to feel like I did last time. I had PPD and I'm just scared that I'll be in the same boat. Lonely, sad, DH not wanting to help. I started writing to my mommy group on FB and DH saw and flipped out on me about talking about him.

I'm sorry ladies I don't mean to sound like such a whiny pants.

Mama fox, I have been obsessively checking for an update on your scan, looks perfect though, pleased all went well!

Bombshell, sorry to hear you're having a hard time with DH, sounds like things are just a bit tough for you both and he's processing it in a different way. My OH is similar with that sort of thing, but usually comes round given a bit of time, hope yours does the same :) good news on the med though, that must be a relief.

Great scan mama fox xxxxx

Bombshell - sorry your DH is being like that. I hope you both sort things soon x x

Lily, the clothes are all from Next :) Their baby stuff is adorable especially the gender specific ranges, not the cheapest but their sleepsuits in particular are great and wash so well :thumbup:
Adorable scan too, so glad it went well for you :D

LOL bombshell i'm not keen on cats either, poor you having to deal with 5 of them! How long is your MIL staying for?
Also, sorry to hear about your troubles with DH :hugs: I think men just don't think about what they say sometimes :( He may well feel differently about a third if you did have a second girl... I'm not sure my OH would choose to have 3 girls but if that's what we get then he'll just have to live with it :winkwink: I understand your fear of getting ppd again, I had it with my first but not my second and i'm hoping it stays away this time aswell.

NDH that blanket is beautiful, I love it! I can sew but crocheting and knitting eludes me :wacko: My mum knits and I have some lovely cardigans and things that she's knitted for the girls including matching ones just recently :flower:

Silas, I swear i've been feeling the beginnings of movement too. I was like you thinking no way could it be that this early but then I read online that some women do feel them very early especially with second or subsequent pregnancies :)

AMP, it's so strange isn't it but I can't think what else it could be as it's definitely not gas lol! Also well done on losing 40lbs that's a huge achievement :thumbup: Just wondering how did you do it just healthy eating/exercise or some sort of plan like weight watchers? I have a LOT to lose after this pregnancy... I don't seem to gain a lot during pregnancy thankfully but i'm already obese in terms of BMI and I know i'm a lot bigger than is healthy so I need to get my bum into gear and get the weight shifted once baby arrives!

Lily, the clothes are all from Next :) Their baby stuff is adorable especially the gender specific ranges, not the cheapest but their sleepsuits in particular are great and wash so well :thumbup:
Adorable scan too, so glad it went well for you :D

LOL bombshell i'm not keen on cats either, poor you having to deal with 5 of them! How long is your MIL staying for?
Also, sorry to hear about your troubles with DH :hugs: I think men just don't think about what they say sometimes :( He may well feel differently about a third if you did have a second girl... I'm not sure my OH would choose to have 3 girls but if that's what we get then he'll just have to live with it :winkwink: I understand your fear of getting ppd again, I had it with my first but not my second and i'm hoping it stays away this time aswell.

NDH that blanket is beautiful, I love it! I can sew but crocheting and knitting eludes me :wacko: My mum knits and I have some lovely cardigans and things that she's knitted for the girls including matching ones just recently :flower:

Silas, I swear i've been feeling the beginnings of movement too. I was like you thinking no way could it be that this early but then I read online that some women do feel them very early especially with second or subsequent pregnancies :)

AMP, it's so strange isn't it but I can't think what else it could be as it's definitely not gas lol! Also well done on losing 40lbs that's a huge achievement :thumbup: Just wondering how did you do it just healthy eating/exercise or some sort of plan like weight watchers? I have a LOT to lose after this pregnancy... I don't seem to gain a lot during pregnancy thankfully but i'm already obese in terms of BMI and I know i'm a lot bigger than is healthy so I need to get my bum into gear and get the weight shifted once baby arrives!

To be honest I have no clue how I did it, was when I stopped actually trying that I lost it! Not snacking so much does help...:dohh:

12 weeks.jpg

Great scan, baby moving like crazy hb was either 154 or 156 ppm

Bombshell- So sorry you and hubby are having a hard time. Men can be rather insensitive during these situations. My DH and I have had our share fair of heated conversations regarding multiple kids. Hang in there hun!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->