March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

Okay, I haven't been on in weeks... Kind of gave up cause I got so far behind and its going to take awhile to catch up but wondering how everyone in this group is?

I can't seem to get a photo to upload but my scan went great!! Baby is measuring right on and was wiggling all over the place. I'm so in love already!!

I can't seem to get a photo to upload but my scan went great!! Baby is measuring right on and was wiggling all over the place. I'm so in love already!!

Great news hopeful! Glad it went so well :)

Bates, we are good thanks in here, lots of scans coming up too so you came bk at an exciting time! How are you?

Mama fox - don't worry over the GTT I had it with Isaac and will have it with this one. It's not bad at all. I just enjoyed the 2 plus hours to sit and relax lol. I have a bmi of 34 was the same with Isaac. Wished I'd lost more weight, but not going beat myself up over it. The only difference due to my higher bmi was the need to have the GTT and see a consultant at 20 weeks (waste of time). I had more scans but that's because Isaac was big.

Hope everyone is well X

Iv posted a reply three times now but the computer fairy keeps deleting them (nothing to do with fat fingers and wrong buttons being pressed haha)
I'm having my scan on Friday at 11 :) as said I would t have been able up have afforded it but hubby can so iv took him up on the offer! I just don't want people to think I'm all neurotic and wasting money!
I spoke to my friend and she said she'd have had scans every week if she could of afforded it and I was mad not to have it... So my mind was made up lol

I'm feeling a bit better tiredness wise but my motion sickness is really irritating! I'm craving hearty meals such as pie, cottage pie, Sunday dinners etc iv put on 2lb which is a god send as I'm very over weight (thankfully I'd lost 3 stone prior).
Scan pics all look fab, exciting times for all of us
H xx

Thanks ladies. Makes me feel less worried :)

Last few days of school holidays. Back next week and planning to tell work then (will be 14 wks) and will have a chat about when to go on maternity leave as they will need to think about getting a supply teacher to cover my class. Was thinking of going at February half term which is at 36 weeks. Does that sound about right? Obviously don't know how I will feel then but as an estimate?

What age do you teach mama fox? When I was pregnant with Isaac I worked In a nursery preschool and had to go on maternity at 29 weeks but I was struggling with spd and the low tables and chairs weren't helping . If you teach older children then I'd imagine your plan to go at 36 weeks is realistic x x

What age do you teach mama fox? When I was pregnant with Isaac I worked In a nursery preschool and had to go on maternity at 29 weeks but I was struggling with spd and the low tables and chairs weren't helping . If you teach older children then I'd imagine your plan to go at 36 weeks is realistic x x

Dawn I teach year 3 (7-8yrs). I realise I might have to go off earlier if I have problems or am totally uncomfortable but also don't want to plan to be off too early before baby is here and waste my maternity leave. Hope to be off for best part of a year.

Also, unrelated but as you ladies are so lovely, just thought I'd ask: Is anyone else doing/done this without any parents around to help? It's just me and DH, our parents live 4 hours away and I'm starting to feel a bit anxious about doing it on our own, especially with a newborn (clueless!):wacko: My mum lives about an hour from my sister and often will babysit my nephew while they have a date night or help when he is sick. We do have lots of lovely friends here but it's not the same really. Is anyone else in this situation? Any words of wisdom? Sorry for soooo many questions.

had our 12 week scan and it was bad news :( sac grew but baby didn't. Hope you all have a H&H 9 months xxx

had our 12 week scan and it was bad news :( sac grew but baby didn't. Hope you all have a H&H 9 months xxx

So sorry amytrisha. That must have been a shock. Take care and hope you come back when you are ready.

Dawn, glad you are feeling better and had no more spotting. Take it as a good sign :)

I got weighed at my scan appointment and told my bmi is a bit over 30 which puts me at risk for gestational diabetes and I have to do a test at 26 weeks. So mad at myself! Was doing ok with my weight but being pregnant the last 3 months has meant I've eaten what I wanted.

Has anyone else had the test before? Where you have to fast and then be tested? Doesn't sound good.

I had the test with dd...yes you have to fast and the drink is awful. Best advice I can give is hold your breath and jug it like a frat boy. I ended up having gestational diabetes. They are having me do an early test at 20 weeks with this one.

amytrisha- so sorry to hear your news :hugs:

littlelily- We don't have any parents around. My MIL lives about a 4 hour drive away and my parents live in America! I know they'll come to visit a lot since they're retired now. I don't think I've thought that far ahead to be worried about it so far though! I feel ok with the thought of a newborn since I've worked with babies and children a lot, but I know it'll be great just to have some help just to sleep!

I have to have the GD test too because I have PCOS- not looking forward to that!

amytrisha- so sorry to hear your news :hugs:

littlelily- We don't have any parents around. My MIL lives about a 4 hour drive away and my parents live in America! I know they'll come to visit a lot since they're retired now. I don't think I've thought that far ahead to be worried about it so far though! I feel ok with the thought of a newborn since I've worked with babies and children a lot, but I know it'll be great just to have some help just to sleep!

I have to have the GD test too because I have PCOS- not looking forward to that!

Thanks Fezzle, I know it's silly and I'm not really worried about not having them around too much. Just a fair few of my friends have parents nearby and it makes things much easier from a bit of support to babysitting now and again. I can't see me and DH going out for a year!

Thanks AMP, sounds yuck but a good tip. Are you ok? It says you are 'feeling angry'

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, amytrisha :(

We had our 12 week scan today as well. Both babies are doing well :) the sonographer thinks we're having a boy and a girl, but that won't be confirmed until our gender scan. She said she's about 70% sure, so I guess we'll wait and see :)

Sorry I haven't been on here much, but I have been reading every post!

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, amytrisha :(

We had our 12 week scan today as well. Both babies are doing well :) the sonographer thinks we're having a boy and a girl, but that won't be confirmed until our gender scan. She said she's about 70% sure, so I guess we'll wait and see :)

Sorry I haven't been on here much, but I have been reading every post!

Ostara! Boy and girl twins!:oneofeach: That is too cute! Glad they are doing well. How are you feeling?

I'm feeling relieved, littlelily! Lol. I'm not getting too attached to the idea of having one of each,because I've felt all the way through that it would be two boys and part of me still thinks that's what they'll end up telling us at our gender scan lol. But I was so happy to see that they were ok :)

So sorry again amytrisha, you are in my thoughts!!

Babber wouldn't stay still enough or get in position for any measurements, it's a proper wriggler, so that means we have to have a rescan in three weeks (such a shame!). I am absolutely in love with it, can't wait to see it again :)

https://i59.tinypic.com/2qas0pk.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->