March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

I've felt really picky about what food sounds good. I seem to need food as soon as I get hungry, but then as soon as I'm not hungry anymore I don't want to eat anymore.

I haven't looked at prams at all- I got an email from Mothercare today advertising some new prams and it made me realise how little I know! DH said plenty of time for that later.

I've just looked it up and its very intriguing. Unfortunately its not actually good for newborns to be in car seats for longer than necessary and I can see people using them as their only prank for their baby until they get too big and cause lots of developmental issues as a result. I haven't used a lean more than a handful of times really but I wouldn't buy a travel system for the same reason I wouldn't use that one.
I can see it coming in handy for quick trips or when travelling but imo its an awfully big expense when you'd still have to have a normal pram that lies flat for regular use.

See that's the thing because of my leg I can't walk very far at all, can't do a weekly shop at the supermarket as I can't get all the way round. My car is a god send so it will be for quick trips to and from, dropping older kids off at after school activities etc
Most of the time il be at home or at friends houses etc it's a way of making my travels a bit easier really
H xx

Sounds like it would be ideal for you then :thumbup:

I have a B.O.B. jogging stroller (pram), and I love it. I love going for walks, so it is perfect for me.

Can I ask how much people spent/are planning to spend on prams and the like? They seem so very expensive, but if it really is a case of getting what you pay for then I will budget for it, as I am for a decent car seat. We are going on our first proper baby browse in a couple of weeks, but I just want to be prepared as this is going to be a big spend and could have a big impact on how easy I can get about after babber.

I know that I am in a different country, but in my experience, the more I have paid for a stroller the better it was. I paid close to $600 for the one I have now.

For my son we brought a mothercare my4 (nearly 3 years ago) it cost about £300 with maxi cosi pebble car seat. The car seat was great the pram less so. Air filled tires that frequently got punctures. We eventually paid to replace tires and get them filled with some anti puncture stuff so tire issue resolved. The frame broke twice, both times in warranty but mothercare grumbled about fixing it. We kept that pram till he outgrew it at 15 months *he is tall*. We then got a baby jogger city mini gt 3 wheeler it's a great pram think it cost £299 (off top of head) and had to buy rain cover seperatly but the seat is huge, he is nearly 3 (in 4 year clothes) and still fits In his pram for a sleep if he nods off. It's a dream to push, even one handed and he weighs 2.5 stone. It's a heavy pram but feels solidly made. Has a lifetime guarantee on frame. One year in a screw snapped (probably our fault for bumping it up and down our doorstep with Isaac in it) John lewis just gave us a new pram no problems. It has a one handed fold, I really love it.
For baby we got a maxi cosi elea bargain on ebay. I went for this as it was such a bargain and can parent face, which the baby jogger can't do unless you buy a seperate carrycot and once they outgrow that they need to forward face.
But if your looking for recommendations on brand check out baby jogger. In our experience the more you pay the better the pram. I walk a lot so a good quality pram was essential.

I am planning to find the pram we want in a store then hope to find it second hand for half the price. Will buy car seat new but plan to get as much as we can 'nearly new' with big items as they are all so expensive.

Oh and love the look of the baby jogger Dawn, looks great, might try to get one then buy carry cot so can have it from birth. Also like Mamas and Papas Sola - which I think Buttercup suggested?? Need something which folds tiny for my yaris boot. There are tons of Sola's on gumtree/eBay in really good condition too so hope it's suitable when we check it out in the shop.

I caved and went to one of those keepsake ultrasound places.
https://i60.tinypic.com/2wfo02t.jpg

Love the photo mama penguin!

I have my stroller/car seat all picked out. It'll be just about $400. I did a lot of research in crash ratings and safety testing before deciding but I feel good about my decision. Can't believe I get to real search baby stuff :) still on cloud 9!

Lovely scan pic mama penguin! It's so clear :)

I am planning to do separate car seat to pram stuff as I want to keep babber rear facing for as long as possible (planning up to age 4), so the seat will cost a small fortune, but that's ok. Means I don't need a whole travel system though and I have been struggling to find much that is nice and isn't a whole system, looks like I need to reconsider our budget though, this kid is going to ruin us! (Not a surprise)

Ok, random question, but has anyone bought maternity knickers?! Or shall I just get next size up? My normal ones are digging into hips and just uncomfortable now.

I honestly have no idea as far as baby gear and such. I figure I'll get it done at some point, lol. I'm just starting to feel comfortable and safe with this pregnancy to consider buying stuff.

I've never had to wear maternity underwear or go up a size either, but I also just wear basic cotton ones that aren't too tight fitting (I can only wear 100% cotton or linen clothing, at least on my bottom half. The itching from other fabric contents doesn't bother me as much above the waist :p) so they have more room for my bump.

Littlelily: That's the nuts part, I already did! From learning hubby got a new job to moving half way across the country was a 13 day turnaround.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->