March Mummies 2011

Hey ladies, for those who bottle feed, how much do your babies drink per feed? And how long between feeds? We are also feeding solids at most feeds. Just curious! Thanks!

Ethan wakes at 6:30 and has about 4oz then at 9am with breakfast about 3oz, bottle at lunch time about 5oz then bottle at bed time about 5oz not a great deal at all x

I mostly breastfeed, but I do give about one formula bottle a day. It is usually 6 oz. He also eats two small jars of baby food a day. He is 6 months old today and weighs 18 lbs 9oz. Anyone else have theri babies weighed lately? Just curious how he compares.

J is just over 15lbs. Still pretty much EBF. She's had a couple tastes but thats it!

i think O is about 16-16.5 pounds. She'll be weighed on Oct. 5 at her next appointment. She's still EBF so no food yet...but we are getting close i think. DH and i just have to agree on how to start and what to start with. We want to do BLW instead of cereals and jars, so we gotta figure it out first and not start too early---but she's so ready to explore food textures and tastes i think.

6 teeth!! wow. We've got zero teeth here.

We started BLW, but we have reverted back to TW. It just wasn't working for us. I still practise the principles of BLW - "before 1 food is fun" and if i give her a pear for example, i give her a slice to explore, and then when she is done, i spoon feed her some. And when she is done, she is done, i don't care if all the food is on the floor or in the blender.

Thanks ladies! My little guy is 17 pounds at 6 months and basically 2 weeks. He eats about 25-30 oz a day, feeds about three hours apart. Then solids, about 1.5 oz at a time, each feed except the last couple.

What is BLW and TW? Thanks!

Blw is baby led weaning where baby basically eats what they want to eat from their hands etc etc dunno about the other something weaning I'm assuming where we make it and spoon feed it? X

Harry was 17lb 6oz last Monday at 24 weeks. I still BF apart from one formula bottle a day and he takes about 6-7 oz.

Can't wait to start weaning, 1 week to go :happydance:

Thanks natty!

We have not tried any finger foods just yet. He definitely puts everything in his mouth so I think he knows what to do with food, I am just nervous lol. what age do people usually start with finger foods, and what foods?

according to the home scales so very rough Lyndon is just over 19lbs, he is pretty much EBF but has started pinching food off plates so I tend to give him some veg to play with - he sucks them then spits them out - but when he's ready they will start to go down :)

Yep BLW is baby led weaning. You just let LO eat what they want in its proper form (provided its age appropriate). Our problem was we never eat anything suitable to share with her, so im making her some seperate food which is not part of BLW. TW is traditional weaning, making puree's and spoon feeding. You can offer finger foods at 6 months. Baby needs to be sitting up right (very important for preventing choking). Their gag reflex is actually mid toung, so any big chunks that head for the throat get gagged back up - still a little scary, but defo not choking. Anyway, i give J for example a peice of sweet potato to play with and explore taste and texture, and i puree a bit and offer it by spoon. Most of the time she takes the spoon from me and puts it in her mouth herself :haha:

Kirima is only 15lbs and she'll be 7 months soon so she's quite a little one despite being born big. We are using TW but giving finger foods often - she's had banana, some biscuits, bread and broccoli as finger foods and I basically give her whatever is available that she can cope with and then small amounts of pureed food too. She is also feeding herself with the spoon though I battle to get the spoon back from her to reload it.

Kirima is only 15lbs and she'll be 7 months soon so she's quite a little one despite being born big. We are using TW but giving finger foods often - she's had banana, some biscuits, bread and broccoli as finger foods and I basically give her whatever is available that she can cope with and then small amounts of pureed food too. She is also feeding herself with the spoon though I battle to get the spoon back from her to reload it.

Yep thats whats going on here too!

Our babies are all too cute. And growing up way too fast. We got the BLW cookbook and it's the best investment ever! Im not a great cook at the best of times (well I can cook but I have to follow recipes!). Tonight we had toad in the hole. She had some but then was tired sonwe stopped so she didn't get stressed with food. She had cheese and lentil wedges for lunch. Jacket potato last night which she loved.

Glad all your babies are progressing well. Phoebe is very long so I think that contributes to the weight. Weigh day on Thursday so will see then. Xx

lol with the spoons, handy hint - use 2 load one and exchange for the empty one ;-)

I haven't had Lyndon weighed proper for months, might do it Friday as he'll be 6 months on Thursday be interesting to see how far off my try at home is v's the Clinics.

have no idea what nathon weighs. he turned 6 months on aug 21st, but his 6 month check up is next monday. we dont do shots, so we are late on check ups a lot. he is starting to look tall and skinny though like his 4 yr old brother. he takes 4-6 oz in a bottle every 2-4 hours. every day is just different. i really just feed him when he is hungry, he isnt on a real schedule. i would say approx 30 oz a day. he also has some juice in a sippy and a jar of baby food and/or cereal for dinner before his bath. he never eats the same amount of that either. occasionally he eats a rice rusk too but not often. we just started that a few weeks ago. have been thinking of trying puffs, but havent yet.

cathryn- i agree on the extra spoons at feeding lol. nathon loves to feed himself and it helps a lot.

i'm excited to try BLW but don't know where to start. i need to get the book. we don't want O to start off with too many sweet fruits...but i think sweet potatoes will be our first. who knows. better get to researching!

nix--what did you start with when you started BLW?

check out olivia's new trick tonight...she's been trying to get her knees under her...and she's been on all fours rocking the last few days and then tonight she said screw the knees, i'm going on my feet...she's so funny. she felt so accomplished, i could tell. and here she is sitting in her cosleeper bed tonight..her sitting is getting so much better..i can't believe all our babies are going to be moving soon...YIKES! time is flying by!

Attachments

• IMG_0581.jpg
    IMG_0581.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0580.jpg
    IMG_0580.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0597.jpg
    IMG_0597.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online