Marchlands

It's getting really good! I think Alices Dad knows something about it and maybe Mark? Can't wait for next weeks!

was soooo good last night x
You asking questions all the time which i really love x
Like what has the deaf girl & mark got to do with Alice?? seeing as the whole thing revolves around Marchlands & Alice iyswim x
I definitly think Alice drowning wasnt an accident because of how much Ruth is going on about her being a good girl & its something Alice would never do.

Cant wait for next weeks x:happydance:

thats what im really enjoying with this drama, i really have no idea how this is going to unfold. ITV are doing some really good dramas atm. How many wks is this on for? Kx

I think its something to do with the grandfather?Surely she would have screamed...

Also,the fella with the pregnant missus,he is always running through the wood...mmm maybe a link?xx

Just watched this weeks on iplayer - very creepy!! :argh:
I don't think alice's dad has anything to do with it? Looks like she was with another man as well from next weeks trailer...
As for the Policeman :grr: can't believe she just let him away with saying that!
Roll on next week..

(Oh and I'm thinking Alice's dad is quite hot;))

Just watched this weeks on iplayer - very creepy!! :argh:
I don't think alice's dad has anything to do with it? Looks like she was with another man as well from next weeks trailer...
As for the Policeman :grr: can't believe she just let him away with saying that!
Roll on next week..

(Oh and I'm thinking Alice's dad is quite hot;))

I am such a prude I forwarded over the bit when they were 'at it' lol.xx

Hi ladies! I'm hooked on this too. At first I thought that Alice's dad had something to do with it but now I'm not sure.
What puzzles me is that in the present day Mark clearly knows all about the house and what happened there. Do you remember ep 1 when Misha went into the shop for some paracetamol and the boy in there was Alice's brother who said he and the guy used to be good friends... so he'd know all about Alice as the imaginary friend etc. So, why does he want to go back?

I think he had something to do with what will eventually happen to Amy. I'm wondering what will happen to Amy (she's the man in the shop's sister who they're testing psychiatrically, right?)

Also, the brother is also beginning to feel the presense of Alice, so the whole family is about to be drawn further into this Alice business - something has to happen to her.

Maybe Alice's mum could see her in the end?The way she lent on the wall and said 'I'm back' or something.x

Just found the review of Episode 3...

After a meandering couple of opening episodes, the third part of ITV1's supernatural drama really begins to deliver frights and further the mystery surrounding the titular house.

The mystery is firmly routed in the death of the young girl, Alice, who lived in the house during the 1960s. The episode opens with her body being found, before jumping to the present day where the girl's mother Ruth, performed somewhere between caring and scaring by Anne Reid (Dinnerladies), is now a home help at Marchlands for a couple with a new born baby girl - also by the name of Alice…

Jump to the '80s and we have the Maynard clan with their 'sickly' girl, Amy. The girl's father Eddie (Ashes To Ashes star Dean Andrews), is torn between his wife's factual determination in helping their daughter's mental issues and his own doubts about her ailments.

Alex Kingston's role as Helen is unsympathetic and never more so when she tells her husband to "get a grip" after he asks, "What if ghosts are real?". It's a welcome move to have a mother so resolutely having faith in the "real" whilst the hubby supports the supernatural; all along stating, in somewhat disbelief, that he is "normal".

Andrews really does demonstrate what a fine actor he can be, showing fatherly concern for his daughter Amy while her problems are yet to be defined. Eddie starts to consider Amy's belief that she has a dead friend, Alice, in the house. His encroaching curiosity and fear is expertly realised.

The creep-o-meter bungs into action during a conversation between father and daughter where her testimony convinces him of Alice's existence. Genuine shivers are felt when Amy vividly describes the "ghost", leaving her father to ask: "Is she here now?" This sparks his own investigation and some very effective, and gripping, scenes with Andrews alone, looking for Alice.

There's more eeriness to be found in the physical manifestations of Alice and her house (not to mention her "appearances"). The Marchlands of 2010 - with Nisha (Shelley Conn), partner Mark (Elliot Cowan) and their new baby Alice - is positively aggressive, featuring a terrifying bath scene which will have every parent in the country letting their babies be dirty for a while.

We do have one final point, however, and it's really the only negative about the episode. A Rubik's Cube in 1987? Really? If there was a lazier, not to mention incorrect, way to state "THIS IS THE EIGHTIES" than the Crossroads clips and Alex Kingston's fondness for dungarees then this was it. Nobody, and we mean nobody, was still playing with them after 1983 let alone '87. Tut tut!

Other than that minor blip, Marchlands is kicking into a gear that didn't seem possible in its previous instalments - and much appreciated it is too. Best not to watch alone though, the scares are coming thick and fast. Especially the very end: it will... creep… you... OUT.

Right thats it....I can't watch..I will prob wee myself this week :rofl: xx

If I watch this week,I think im going to be keeping Tena Lady in business!!lol.xx

Episode three sounds really creepy!

Obviously Mark and the deaf girl as teenages can't have had anything to do with Alice's death, they weren't even born when she died.

But the do have some sort of secret and Amy's brother in the present day doesn't seem keen on getting to know his old friend again. He does have to know something of what went on with Amy (and I am desperate to know what happened to her and her parents, since her present day brother didn't say.

And I don't like the sound of that bath scene with Nisha and Mark's baby Alice. After thinking ghost Alice likes Nisha that has me worried. Maybe she is jealous of Nisha having a baby, thinking that she will be like Amy and stop being her friend now, or perhaps she's jealous of her own Mum helping with the baby.

I don't think Ruth would have left the house if she could see Alice, not without a massive fight. If that were me I would never willingly leave if I knew my daugher was still there. That's why I think she said she was back, she never wanted to leave.

At the moment it doesn't seem like the modern family have any link to Alice..if someone knows what I mean?The first ones,are obviously Alice's family...the 2nd ones,the little girl can see her...x

Obviously Mark and the deaf girl as teenages can't have had anything to do with Alice's death, they weren't even born when she died, but they do have some sort of secret,

Yes, Amy, that's what I was thinking. I wonder if Amy either dies or is committed or something - they have something to do with whatever eventually happens with Amy possibly.

I don't think Ruth would have left the house if she could see Alice, not without a massive fight. If that were me I would never willingly leave if I knew my daugher was still there. That's why I think she said she was back, she never wanted to leave.

Maybe she gets committed in the end? Her inlaws seem pretty unsure about her and her husband is easily swayed. If she starts saying she's seeing Alice (which I think she will) then in the 60s, that would have been enough to have her put in a mental asylum if no one was willing to support her.

In the press pack,I think its in episode 3,when Ruth is bathing the baby the mirror steams up and on it is written A S K O R

Watched the first 2 and think it's fantastic.
I haven't read all the thread but how does everyone think Alice dies? I reckon it has something to do with her dad. :shrug: And his parents know what happened.

I think something bad will happen to Amy, like she'll get put into a home.

Not sure about the modern family.

I literally screamed when I saw the hand :blush: Mike was fast asleep on me and he jumped up :haha:

xx

Watched the first 2 and think it's fantastic.
I haven't read all the thread but how does everyone think Alice dies? I reckon it has something to do with her dad. :shrug: And his parents know what happened.

I think something bad will happen to Amy, like she'll get put into a home.

Not sure about the modern family.

I literally screamed when I saw the hand :blush: Mike has fast asleep on me and he jumped up :haha:

xx

I jumped too!!:haha: x

:haha: Was embarrassing.
I couldn't get over it though, didn't expect it at all!
xx

The hand made me laugh it looked soooo fake.

I cant wait for next weeks episode, Im LOVING it so far, and I think its gonna get loads better

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"