• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Maryland?

? I don't understand why you couldn't deliver anywhere else? I know our hospital would be perfectly fine with all of that?

? I don't understand why you couldn't deliver anywhere else? I know our hospital would be perfectly fine with all of that?

The regulations for acknowledging a married spouse does not apply in MD since the bill was dropped earlier this year, my wife would not able to make certain decisions, in case of emergency, and also not be able to have her name on the BC. Otherwise, we totally love our hospital and have taken our daughter there numerous times.

Congrats on your pregnancy, MrsMM24!

The regulations for acknowledging a married spouse does not apply in MD since the bill was dropped earlier this year, my wife would not able to make certain decisions, in case of emergency, and also not be able to have her name on the BC. Otherwise, we totally love our hospital and have taken our daughter there numerous times.

How is your wife going to be on the BC? Just curious and a bit nosy.

you know i never even thought about things like that- i understand :flower:

How is your wife going to be on the BC? Just curious and a bit nosy.

Well, not nosey at all.... she is going to be listed as mother, as will I. Since the District participates in same-sex marriages. We have been married for almost 2 years. Our other daughter however, she is not on the BC and is listed as a Guardian, as we were only classified as Domestic Partners. In MD that is still the only classification since the failed bill, that we can have as well....

you know i never even thought about things like that- i understand :flower:[/QUOTE]

I know, and that is important to us so we made all the arrangements. It is like 30 miles from where we live and 25 miles away from the hospital that is right near our house. But we didn't want to take the chance. 2 weeks prior to my due date, we will go stay with my wife's aunt as she lives like 6 miles from the hospital.

that's awesome- especially her being so close to the hospital. Will make it so much easier on you!

DARE - it will be a great situation and my wife is very nervous about my independence so her aunt being there while she works (she is an officer) will ease her too and in turn put less worry on me. Our daughter will stay in MD with my uncle and aunt where her school is. They will bring her right there when it is delivery time. I am a MAJOR planner, so we have everything written and ready, and if all continues to go well, that is our plan.:flower:

that's awesome that you have it all figured out and planned like that!!! Wish i could do that. Our plan is if DH is at work my mother will take me, but still, sometimes she is not as quick with things as i may need her to be! although i would hope in this situation she will take care of it.

that's awesome that you have it all figured out and planned like that!!! Wish i could do that. Our plan is if DH is at work my mother will take me, but still, sometimes she is not as quick with things as i may need her to be! although i would hope in this situation she will take care of it.

Hang in there. It will all come together. All my planning gets a little overwhelming to my wife and family I think....:haha: Your mom will do fine, it will be too exciting not to move quickly. We have like 6 plans!!! :thumbup:

Wow! I know I'll be a planner too. I had a destination wedding just so that I wouldn't go overboard on the planning.

Wow! I know I'll be a planner too. I had a destination wedding just so that I wouldn't go overboard on the planning.

We had a destination as well... for obvious reasons (1 being that MD didn't and doesn't allow same-sex) I plan everything, includinig when to post our Preg journal... :haha: My wife constantly laughs. (It got done, things get done though... LOL)

That's exactly what I told my husband! I said "Everything was nice wasn't it?" I tried to leave him out of things because he goes crazy when he finds out how much I plan.

Where did you go? We got married in Cancun.

That's exactly what I told my husband! I said "Everything was nice wasn't it?" I tried to leave him out of things because he goes crazy when he finds out how much I plan.

Where did you go? We got married in Cancun.

Oh yours was really a "destination," we only went to NJ. All of our family is in NC and DC but they made the "trek." Then we came back and did the "legal" ceremony in DC when the laws were passed. I bet Cancun was AWESOME!! The Riviera Maya - Playa del Carmen was where the proposal happened, almost 2 years prior.:happydance:

mrsmm - where in NJ? I'm originally from there. :)

Atlantic City!!!! The ONLY couple straight/gay to have a ceremony on 2/6/10!!!! :happydance: The terrible snowstorm kept people in, but our family made it up (we came days before) and all the people stranded were at the wedding/reception!!! Awesome. Of course D.C. passed the law a couple of months later and we made it totally 100% legal there since it is where we reside.

Atlantic City huh? I guess it appeals to more people when they're not from there lol. I never cared much for it! So dirty in comparison to the other beaches and things- but then again i'm not a gambler so that could do it too!

Atlantic City huh? I guess it appeals to more people when they're not from there lol. I never cared much for it! So dirty in comparison to the other beaches and things- but then again i'm not a gambler so that could do it too!

Actually, it isn't all that it is cracked up to be. However, for a winter ceremony, it is georgeous and not far from family in NC, VA, DC, and MD. We didn't stay in a gambling hotel, we stayed in the newly remodeled Chelsea, which is also where the ceremony was. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->